View from the Living Room

margbem

We enjoyed a cocktail each evening in the Living Room on our Arctic Circle cruise, from which we disembarked this morning. We had a wonderful cruise with the most amazing weather and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, even on the one rainy day in Bergen.

A heads up, however, to anyone to fancies a skinny dip in the Sanctum Spa hot tub - you will be seen (and were seen!) from the Living Room. Maybe passengers should be made aware of this!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Eek you mean someone did......:o

As it's public in the day I assume this was at night but then how did they get in, if it's someone having Nights in cool places they must have been mad anyway who'd sleep out in the cold, though I think it would still be a spa suite perk.

I believe though the ships code of conduct is quite clear on nudity and the notices by the pool deck spa I think also talk about clothing being required

Do tell us more.....

And in the meantime that's my husband banned from the front chairs in the Living Room

Edited by uktog

When anyone had the NICP booked the blinds were closed from the LR when we were onboard Quest in May/June 2016. There was quite a lot of bellyaching about it, as many of us were in the process if watching an incredible sunset at the time. Staff said that their privacy policy was non negotiable when the spa was being used for this purpose.

So this surprises me.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When anyone had the NICP booked the blinds were closed from the LR when we were onboard Quest in May/June 2016. There was quite a lot of bellyaching about it, as many of us were in the process if watching an incredible sunset at the time. Staff said that their privacy policy was non negotiable when the spa was being used for this purpose.

So this surprises me.

Karyn

That was my understanding as well. I'd have hoped even on scenic Norway they'd have done likewise or warned the guests

It was about 7.45pm. No blinds drawn and we would have been furious if they had been. What's the point of going up there for fabulous views if the blinds are down just so one or two people can be in that hot tub?

It was about 7.45pm. No blinds drawn and we would have been furious if they had been. What's the point of going up there for fabulous views if the blinds are down just so one or two people can be in that hot tub?

The pool doesn't close until 2000. I'd have been furious to go there and find anyone skinny dipping there. It is true you are seen on the steps from above but correctly attired that's no worse than being pool side. It's the skinny dipping that shocks me! Maybe they were new to cruising and didn't realise Azamara is not that kind of line. They also did not spot the security camera that looks to the pool :)

I think they did not push nights in private places on the cruise because it was too cool to expect staff to serve etc and as you rightly say they'd have had a riot in the Living Room.

It was lovely to meet you onboard.

That was our argument at the time, there must have about 35 of us that complained to the LR staff to no avail. We suggested they need to look at other options like a temporary cover for that area to provide privacy. But that sort of takes away from sleeping under the stars then.

Maybe they have revisited this since our cruise, or have relaxed the policy.

Not sure either way, but at the time we said it was the only place with relaxed seating, a bar and the views that was in any way sheltered from the elements. Especially at sunset.

They will need to look at this, especially as it is an added perk for the spa suite.

Karyn

I'm confused as to whether the alleged skinny dip was related to Nights in Private Places.

If it was, then someone needs to reassess the "private" in the descriptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't have been. The T-Pool doesn't close publically until 8pm.

Phil

I am now wondering if I know who the "skinny dipping" person was? 😄

Em for the avoidance of doubt, we'd a brilliant cruise, regularly checked out the wines and cocktails and (thanks to the great service) we never seemed to have an empty glass. However as we Scots were always brought up to say "it wisnae me Sir or Miss"

And I am certainly not going to give a description!!!!

I don't think you need to margbem....I may possibly have worked it out! 😳 Made me giggle on this rather depressing weekend anyway.

And of course it "wisnae you" Ann...you are too much of a classy lady to skinny dip in full view of the Living Room guests and of course, the Bridge Camera's. Oh the sights those poor Bridge Crews see....it's enough to traumatise them for months! 😄

And I am certainly not going to give a description!!!!

I don't think you need to margbem....I may possibly have worked it out! 😳 Made me giggle on this rather depressing weekend anyway.

And of course it "wisnae you" Ann...you are too much of a classy lady to skinny dip in full view of the Living Room guests and of course, the Bridge Camera's. Oh the sights those poor Bridge Crews see....it's enough to traumatise them for months! 😄

Haha, you'd all say my that woman's swimsuit needs ironing.

I think it absolutely shocking that anyone would consider it appropriate to be in the Living Room without a smartphone or camera at hand. :)

LOL! Very remiss of them nordski. You would think they would be photographing the spectacular Fjords scenery and if the camera happened to drift to the side.....😳

Not sure either way, but at the time we said it was the only place with relaxed seating, a bar and the views that was in any way sheltered from the elements. Especially at sunset.

Well thank goodness that sunset is really late in the summer, in Norway! ;)

Em for the avoidance of doubt, we'd a brilliant cruise, regularly checked out the wines and cocktails and (thanks to the great service) we never seemed to have an empty glass. However as we Scots were always brought up to say "it wisnae me Sir or Miss"

I didn't realize till just now you are from Edinburgh. One of my best and fondest memories is the Military Tattoo at the castle. I love animals and the Irish Wolfhound led the Irish delegation and stopped dead center of the show ground and gave a big yawn. Everyone applauded. But my most favorite memory and one that gives me to this day chills even now writing this is the lone bagpiper illuminated on top of the castle closing the tattoo.. It sure wasn;t the walk up the hill..........lol

I know this if off topic and I kinda sorta thing that is wrong to do to the OP

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

When we stayed in a Spa Suite we did the Nights in Private Places (we were not the naked couple :)). The T-pool closes at 8:00pm and that is when we were told to show up. The night starts with drinks and hors d'oeuvres followed by dinner all served by a butler. So it would be safe to assume the skinny dipping couple were partaking in the NIPP event.