Scenic " France " European River Cruises 2017

Howdy,

This is LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary from Sugar Land,Texas.

Just wanted to try and see if there may possibly be a chance that some of you versed cruisers out there may possibly be able to give us some suggestions and or help that may have cruised in France before.

We have booked with Scenic for the Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo for September 24,2017 sailing on the Sapphire and in one of the new Royal Owners Suites. Hated to give up our Royal Panorama Suite ,but have decided as to try something New and different. I guess we shall see.

Anyways was trying to see if any of you may have any suggestions as to what to do and or what to go and see and yes important as to Good Restaurants.

We shall be flying in several days early into Paris and staying at The Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel and in Monte Carlo at The Fairmont.

We had sailed with Scenic last year on The Jasper Jewels of Europe Amsterdam to Budapest and simply enjoyed all of The Aussies that were on board.

Yes, I must admit there just simply must be something that is in the water there as all you folks certainly know How To Enjoy Life To The Fullest and can put those Froths down.

Myself I spent most of my younger years living in Melbourne as my Mom is Australian and have a cousin that represented Australia in The Olympics in Beijing in 2008 in Men's Tennis Doubles. So yes I do have some In Laws as well as some Out Laws in my Background.

Hoping that there may possibly be some of you out there that may be on our cruise.

So I say to One and All,

Yes the cruise is simply Funtastic ,however it is The Folks That you meet and The Friendships that are formed as those Ships shall Sail Forever!!

All For Fun and Fun For All Loungin" Laughin" and enjoying some Mighty Fine Tasting Libations.

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

Howdy,

This is LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary from Sugar Land,Texas.

We had sailed with Scenic last year on The Jasper Jewels of Europe Amsterdam to Budapest and simply enjoyed all of The Aussies that were on board.

Yes, I must admit there just simply must be something that is in the water there as all you folks certainly know How To Enjoy Life To The Fullest and can put those Froths down.

Myself I spent most of my younger years living in Melbourne as my Mom is Australian and have a cousin that represented Australia in The Olympics in Beijing in 2008 in Men's Tennis Doubles. So yes I do have some In Laws as well as some Out Laws in my Background.

Hoping that there may possibly be some of you out there that may be on our cruise.

So I say to One and All,

Yes the cruise is simply Funtastic ,however it is The Folks That you meet and The Friendships that are formed as those Ships shall Sail Forever!!

All For Fun and Fun For All Loungin" Laughin" and enjoying some Mighty Fine Tasting Libations.

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

I am glad your cruise went well and you had some Aussies to cruise with. Did you do a review, I would be interested to read it.

G'day again Lisa and Gary, I am sure they will be a lot of Aussies on your river cruise in France. The River Cruise companies like Scenic have just about halved their fares and giving free flights.

Down a few Frothies, I like it. Do they have have Vegemite on Scenic?

Edited by NSWP

G'day again Lisa and Gary, I am sure they will be a lot of Aussies on your river cruise in France. The River Cruise companies like Scenic have just about halved their fares and giving free flights.

Down a few Frothies, I like it. Do they have have Vegemite on Scenic?

Most of the Aussies I know bring their own supply anyway.

Most of the Aussies I know bring their own supply anyway.

Mic, BYO 'Frothies' or Vegemite? Plenty of included Frothies on Scenic, just BYO your own Vegemite, I prefer Dick Smith's Ozemite, gluten free.

Mic, BYO 'Frothies' or Vegemite? Plenty of included Frothies on Scenic, just BYO your own Vegemite, I prefer Dick Smith's Ozemite, gluten free.

Yes, the vegemite not the frothies.:o I am just glad that He didn't have his own brew, after the infamous matches, can you imagine what it would have been called. :eek:

Yes, the vegemite not the frothies.:o I am just glad that He didn't have his own brew, after the infamous matches, can you imagine what it would have been called. :eek:

Morning Guys,

How are things in the land from Down Under These Days?

Anyways I was going to say if either of you guys may find the time last year on our cruise Jewels of Europe I made three Videos out of some of the photos that I took. My first time at doing this so maybe not 100% perfect but my neighbor has a program in his computer so I used his computer.

If you should go to YouTube and type in the name of Alex Rizzotti and once you have that in his videos I put ours which is Gary and Lisa's European Cruise. They are only about 18 to 20 minutes each as so not to get bored with, but does give you some idea as to Scenic and our Cabin and what a wonderful time we experienced while on this marvelous trip.

Yes I am so hoping that possibly we can maybe make contact with some folks from Australia that may be coming and joining us on our next cruisin Adventure.

Nice in hearing from you both.

Brings back memories with talking about Vegemite!!

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

All For Fun and Fun For All

Loungin" Laughin" and Enjoying All Those Tasty Libations.

Hey Mic, It is a shame that we missed each other last year by only days.

Still a hoping and maybe a long shot I know but hoping as to maybe find some of you folks over there from The Land From Down Under that maybe possibly coming and joining us on this cruise.

Mic question as is there any other website that you may know of that folks from Australia use that are cruising?

Thanks

Gary

Hey Mic, It is a shame that we missed each other last year by only days.

Still a hoping and maybe a long shot I know but hoping as to maybe find some of you folks over there from The Land From Down Under that maybe possibly coming and joining us on this cruise.

Mic question as is there any other website that you may know of that folks from Australia use that are cruising?

Thanks

Gary

FB comes to mind. I am not sure if Scenic has it's own travel forum like some other travel companies (Trafalgar, Globus, etc), but perhaps they do, you could also try Trip Advisor.

• 1 month later...

G' Day One and All,

LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary as you guessed from Sugar Land,Texas just outside of Houston.

Lisa and I both are so hoping that we shall have a bunch of you folks coming and joining us for A FUNTASTIC Cruisin Adventure with Scenic September 24,2017 called The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo on The Sapphire.

We all do have something to look forward to as Scenic is redesigning several of their ships in France for The 2017 cruising season. This is something that I ran across on The Boards.

Scenic to Redesign France River Ships in 2017

Luxury river cruise line Scenic plans to redesign its two France-based "space ships" in 2017, reducing capacity from 167 to 155 passengers, adding two 510 square-foot Royal Owners Suites, installing a pool, expanding the wellness center and creating a culinary center for cooking classes. The vessels are Scenic Diamond, which sails in Bordeaux, and Scenic Sapphire, which sails on the Rhone in Provence. New enrichment and active excursions will also be added, including a French cabaret performance, a four-course meal with wine pairings at Mumm Champagne House, a vineyard hike and several cycling options. All activities on Scenic, including the new cooking classes, are included in the fare.

Email me: HostJazzbeau@CruiseCritic.com

All we can say is that we don't rightly know what it is that they place in your water over there but Lisa and I are just so excited as to be cruising with a lot of you folks from Down Under because you all know the Secret of how to have a Great and Wonderful time as well as put down some of those Froths.

Yes I have lived in Australia in Melbourne and my Mother was Australian so I have ties to a Great and Wonderful Country.

Cheers and Smooth Sailings

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

G'Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

LoneStarCruisinCouple and for those of you that may possibly be coming and joining us for this to be Funtastic Cruisin Adventure, Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo for September 24,2017 on The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire I figured that I just might try and get some of you a little bit more excited.

Good Morning One and All,

This is Lisa and Gary ( LoneStarCruisinCouple )

Just checking in to see if we may have been lucky enough to possibly have some of you fine folks that are out there come and join us for This To Be Funtastic Cruisin Adventure.

Yes The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo, September 24,2017 posses to be a Fun Filled Fun Packed Wine Lovers Paradise.

With having as a Free Choice to start off with to Beaune, The Wine Capital of Burgandy and including a visit to Les Hospices De Beaune. This is where the major Wine Auction for France is held. Beaune is also know as The Capital of Burgundy Wines.

In Tournus our next stop one of the most interesting sights to see that is a Free Choice is The Chateau de Cormatin with its beautiful gardens and water features and is one of the most sumptuous buildings in the region.

During our sailing that afternoon one shall have the capability of trying out their skills at the New Culinary on board ship and is one of the New Features that is offered for 2017 on The Sapphire and for those of us that are maybe a little more adventuresome and fit we can also choose to cycle using the Electric Bikes from Tournus to Macon our next stop.

In Macon there are several different things that are offered but again if you are into wines there is offered a wine tasting at the celebrated Beaujolais Region or one can visit Cluny, a village that was constructed around the Benedictine Abbey and once was The World's Largest Basilica.

Next is Lyon,and are we all in for a Treat as this is also one of the Newest added attractions for Scenic being that of what is called "The Scenic Rouge". This shall take place later on in the evening so during the day one can enjoy traversing the hidden traboules - secret passageways that date back to the 4th century,and visit Notre Dame Basilica where on can get a fabuilous vantage point to view over Lyon.

This is just a sample of what awaits for those of us that are Loungin" Laughin' and enjoying Lots and lots of fine tasting Libations while cruising The Spectacular South of France on our way to Monte Carlo on board The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire.

So I say to all of you come and join Lisa and myself along with our Canadian friends Faye and Ralph from Oakville ,Ontario for a memorable cruising adventure of a Lifetime.

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

This is just the start and shall post some more at a later date.

G' Day there Mic.

Yes there are cabins still available and hoping that we shall have a lot of you Aussies and Kiwi's coming and joining us as All of you seem to have the knack for having a Great and Wonderful Time.

Cheers Lisa and Gary.

G'Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

LoneStarCruisinCouple and for those of you that may possibly be coming and joining us for this to be Funtastic Cruisin Adventure, Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo for September 24,2017 on The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire I figured that I just might try and get some of you a little bit more excited.

Good Morning One and All,

This is Lisa and Gary ( LoneStarCruisinCouple )

Just checking in to see if we may have been lucky enough to possibly have some of you fine folks that are out there come and join us for This To Be Funtastic Cruisin Adventure.

Yes The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo, September 24,2017 posses to be a Fun Filled Fun Packed Wine Lovers Paradise.

With having as a Free Choice to start off with to Beaune, The Wine Capital of Burgandy and including a visit to Les Hospices De Beaune. This is where the major Wine Auction for France is held. Beaune is also know as The Capital of Burgundy Wines.

In Tournus our next stop one of the most interesting sights to see that is a Free Choice is The Chateau de Cormatin with its beautiful gardens and water features and is one of the most sumptuous buildings in the region.

During our sailing that afternoon one shall have the capability of trying out their skills at the New Culinary on board ship and is one of the New Features that is offered for 2017 on The Sapphire and for those of us that are maybe a little more adventuresome and fit we can also choose to cycle using the Electric Bikes from Tournus to Macon our next stop.

In Macon there are several different things that are offered but again if you are into wines there is offered a wine tasting at the celebrated Beaujolais Region or one can visit Cluny, a village that was constructed around the Benedictine Abbey and once was The World's Largest Basilica.

Next is Lyon,and are we all in for a Treat as this is also one of the Newest added attractions for Scenic being that of what is called "The Scenic Rouge". This shall take place later on in the evening so during the day one can enjoy traversing the hidden traboules - secret passageways that date back to the 4th century,and visit Notre Dame Basilica where on can get a fabuilous vantage point to view over Lyon.

This is just a sample of what awaits for those of us that are Loungin" Laughin' and enjoying Lots and lots of fine tasting Libations while cruising The Spectacular South of France on our way to Monte Carlo on board The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire.

So I say to all of you come and join Lisa and myself along with our Canadian friends Faye and Ralph from Oakville ,Ontario for a memorable cruising adventure of a Lifetime.

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

This is just the start and shall post some more at a later date.

G' Day there Mic.

Yes there are cabins still available and hoping that we shall have a lot of you Aussies and Kiwi's coming and joining us as All of you seem to have the knack for having a Great and Wonderful Time.

Cheers Lisa and Gary.

The activities sound great as well. I am sure you will have some Aussies on board with you guys.

Howdy There Mrs.and Mrs. and GUT2407,

Nice to hear from the both of you

Question Mrs.& Mrs. do you guys come from Texas? Saw one of your recent postings on the boards? GUT2407 you are from Australia. Where about as myself My Mother was Australian and I grew up most of my younger years in Melbourne and the last time that I lived there I was a buyer for Myer Melbourne Limited.

I retired from Continental Airlines,now United and Lisa is a Neo Nurse Practitioner at Texas Children's Hospital here in Houston.

Yes it is so very nice to do the European River Cruises unlike that of Ocean Cruising is so much more relaxed,more intimate, and more to see and do. We so enjoyed cruising last year with Scenic going from Amsterdam to Budapest on The Jasper in a Royal Panorama Suite and if it wouldn't of been for house hunting this year in Maui would have gone again this year but we are currently booked for The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo for September 24,2017 on The Newly Redesigned Sapphire and then also booked for October 18,2018 on The New Currently under construction Scenic Eclipse for Cuba in Depth. With the as you already said Free Airfare and being an ALL INCLUSIVE Top Notch company just can't go wrong and with all you folks from Down Under just makes it so much more enjoyable as you folks seem to have discovered something that a lot of us seem to miss an that's how to enjoy life to the fullest. Here and in most places it is the Old Rat Race..

I posted in this section of Cruise Critic with the hopes of being that most of the folks that cruise with Scenic are Aussies and or Kiwis and hoping to possibly make contact as to maybe share in making some plans and some activities as like possibly a Meet and Greet in Paris before we hop on the ATV and start on our journey.

So Again I shall say

Loungin" Laughin" and Enjoying some Mighty Fine Tasting Libations, with Lisa and Gary and our Canadian Friends Faye and Ralph as we set forth on this to be FUNTASTIC Fun Filled Fun Packed Scenic Cruisin Adventure.

September 24,2017

Cheers

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

Sugar Land,Texas

Edited by LoneStarCruisinCouple

Howdy There Mrs.and Mrs. and GUT2407,

Nice to hear from the both of you

Question Mrs.& Mrs. do you guys come from Texas? Saw one of your recent postings on the boards? GUT2407 you are from Australia. Where about as myself My Mother was Australian and I grew up most of my younger years in Melbourne and the last time that I lived there I was a buyer for Myer Melbourne Limited.

I retired from Continental Airlines,now United and Lisa is a Neo Nurse Practitioner at Texas Children's Hospital here in Houston.

Yes it is so very nice to do the European River Cruises unlike that of Ocean Cruising is so much more relaxed,more intimate, and more to see and do. We so enjoyed cruising last year with Scenic going from Amsterdam to Budapest on The Jasper in a Royal Panorama Suite and if it wouldn't of been for house hunting this year in Maui would have gone again this year but we are currently booked for The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo for September 24,2017 on The Newly Redesigned Sapphire and then also booked for October 18,2018 on The New Currently under construction Scenic Eclipse for Cuba in Depth. With the as you already said Free Airfare and being an ALL INCLUSIVE Top Notch company just can't go wrong and with all you folks from Down Under just makes it so much more enjoyable as you folks seem to have discovered something that a lot of us seem to miss an that's how to enjoy life to the fullest. Here and in most places it is the Old Rat Race..

I posted in this section of Cruise Critic with the hopes of being that most of the folks that cruise with Scenic are Aussies and or Kiwis and hoping to possibly make contact as to maybe share in making some plans and some activities as like possibly a Meet and Greet in Paris before we hop on the ATV and start on our journey.

So Again I shall say

Loungin" Laughin" and Enjoying some Mighty Fine Tasting Libations, with Lisa and Gary and our Canadian Friends Faye and Ralph as we set forth on this to be FUNTASTIC Fun Filled Fun Packed Scenic Cruisin Adventure.

September 24,2017

Cheers

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

Sugar Land,Texas

G'day Lisa and Gary,

Yep me and Mrs Gut are true blue.

And I think you might have just upset Mrs and Mrs there from somewhere that makes Texas look small, down here we call it the outback.

You need to remember that Australia and The lower 48 are about the same size, but whereas you squeeze in 48 states we are happy with 6 on the mainland (let's not get all technical about territories) so each of our states is massive.

Mrs Gut has a friend who with her husband manages a Station (call it Ranch if you must) that is about 4 million acres.

Hi Gary and Lisa,

We would love to come on a river cruise with you.Sounds like fun.

Our river,creek,stream hasent seen water for 2 years.

If we go on a river cruise with you, can you pay for us.:):);)

P/s Is Sugarland, really the name of the place you live.

Do you grow sugar-cane.

Hi Gary and Lisa,

We would love to come on a river cruise with you.Sounds like fun.

Our river,creek,stream hasent seen water for 2 years.

If we go on a river cruise with you, can you pay for us.:):);)

P/s Is Sugarland, really the name of the place you live.

Do you grow sugar-cane.

Oh dear, I can picture Gary and Lisa and mrs and mrs, having a few 'frothies and 'libations on the river boat 'Scenic Sapphire'..the mind boggles.

Edited by NSWP

LOL,I'll have you know,we have more manners and decorum,than what I have witnessed on board.

Many times I have sat through dinner,with a headful of metal,displaying impeccable manners.

While observing the disapproving stares.

Then sit back and watch said nob-heads make complete and utter fools of themselves.

Then its time for my tut-tutting and looking over the glasses.

"Darling,you'll find it much easier to use your dinner fork for your main,rather than your dessert fork".

"No love that's your bread and butter knife".

Oh dear,you missed your mouth and spilt your wine down your new Millers top,oh well you can always use it as a dish-cloth".

Um you could wait for the waiter to place your napkin on your lap,but go ahead do tuck it into your top like a BLOODY bib.

"No its ok don't push your chair in,please we love tripping over it in our gowns and heels".

"No sorry,thats not the captain,thats the Maitre D' ".

"No not Matador:rolleyes:do you see any Damn bulls running around"

Please close your legs on that bar-stool sweety,your not a venus fly trap".

MMmh having trouble walking in those heels,pity they don't allow flip-flops in the M.D.R isn't it".:):);):rolleyes:

LOL,I'll have you know,we have more manners and decorum,than what I have witnessed on board.

Many times I have sat through dinner,with a headful of metal,displaying impeccable manners.

While observing the disapproving stares.

Then sit back and watch said nob-heads make complete and utter fools of themselves.

Then its time for my tut-tutting and looking over the glasses.

"Darling,you'll find it much easier to use your dinner fork for your main,rather than your dessert fork".

"No love that's your bread and butter knife".

Oh dear,you missed your mouth and spilt your wine down your new Millers top,oh well you can always use it as a dish-cloth".

Um you could wait for the waiter to place your napkin on your lap,but go ahead do tuck it into your top like a BLOODY bib.

"No its ok don't push your chair in,please we love tripping over it in our gowns and heels".

"No sorry,thats not the captain,thats the Maitre D' ".

"No not Matador:rolleyes:do you see any Damn bulls running around"

Please close your legs on that bar-stool sweety,your not a venus fly trap".

MMmh having trouble walking in those heels,pity they don't allow flip-flops in the M.D.R isn't it".:):);):rolleyes:

LOL, the Cunarders would love that ditty.

G'Day There Mrs. & Mrs. and NSWP ( Uncle Lez )

I certainly hope that I haven't opened up any sort of can of worms and if I have I certainly do apologize as that isn't my intent at all.

I came onto this part of the board with the good intentions of hopefully finding Folks from Australia and New Zealand because in having Lived in Melbourne and visiting New Zealand and with Scenic an Australian owned Company I just figure that I may stand a better chance of possibly finding folks that share the same Love for Cruising and Adventure and that were on our sailing of The Sapphire.

It is always nice to find fellow Passengers and to be able to talk and share in making and planning of various activities and myself we just love in meeting new and wonderful folks from all over as for us sure the cruise is a big part of our trip but more however it is about the Folks That you meet and The Friendships that are Formed as Those are The Ships that Shall Sail Forever.

The Biggest thing about coming to Scenic and cruising is the fact that normally it is mostly Aussies and for what ever reason that it may be you all just simply have something that is truly remarkable as you all have a very special knack for knowing how to enjoy life and have fun and yes put down a few of those tasty Froths.

Oh how it would certainly be nice to have the pleasure of meeting you all as sharing in this to be FUNTASTIC CRUISING ADVENTURE.

So pack those bags and come and share in a Fun Packed Fun Filled Cruising Adventure.

The Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo on The Newly Redesigned Scenic Sapphire September 24,2017.

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

Yes we do live in Sugar Land,Texas just outside of Houston. City of about 88,000 and used to be the Headquarters for Imperial Sugar. Sorry to say no Sugar Cane,Just Oil Wells!!!