Hilton or Embassy

Mary49

The Embassy would be my pick. It is just about the same distance from the cruise terminals, and a fairly easy walk. The rooms are larger, with more amenities, and other extras like a free breakfast. There are several good restaurants and bars close by.

My question to people coming in is always how much time do you plan on spending in the French Quarter? If you plan on spending more time in the Quarter than in other areas, stay closer to the French Quarter.

If you are just looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise, the Embassy Suites is perfect. Personally, all things being equal, I'd pick the Hilton Riverside. But I'd go with the one that meets your needs better -- do you want free breakfast? do you want more room? Go with the Embassy Suites. do you want to be closer to the French Quarter and restaurants? Go with the Hilton Riverside.

I will note, having stayed at the Embassy Suites, I found the air conditioners in the rooms to be very loud and during my stay, the entire building shook for about half an hour around 3 am when what seems like a drag race was taking place in the parking garage. That may have been a one-off event, but it did make me think twice about booking at that hotel again.