Oceania vs. Regent Seven Seas Cruises

LauraS

Interesting article. While I agree with some comparisons, I disagree with others. The main point of this post is to correct one statement. In previous years it was true that passengers in PH and above suites received included Business Class Air (only on European itineraries and only on international flights), this is no longer the case. Regent now offers included Business Class air on all international flights - regardless of what category of suite you are staying in.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting article. While I agree with some comparisons, I disagree with others. The main point of this post is to correct one statement. In previous years it was true that passengers in PH and above suites received included Business Class Air (only on European itineraries and only on international flights), this is no longer the case. Regent now offers included Business Class air on all international flights - regardless of what category of suite you are staying in.

Not if you are in Australia. It seems only some fares include air, and to upgrade to business it is $7000ish. So we do have to consider whether to go with them or not. Lucky Americans!

• 2 weeks later...
Not if you are in Australia. It seems only some fares include air, and to upgrade to business it is $7000ish. So we do have to consider whether to go with them or not. Lucky Americans!

Do other luxury cruise lines (specifically Silversea, Crystal or Seabourn) include business class air for flights out of Australia?

Also, to be clear, the cost of "included" airfare is also included in the fare for those of us in North America. So, it isn't as much about luck as it may seem. In fact, flying to Australia or New Zealand for a cruise has some of the highest fares of anywhere in the world (due to the cost of flying there).

In terms of Europe, that is more difficult. Fewer people in North America want to sail in the Med./Europe so there are incentives to get us there. We are currently on a cruise that ends in Barcelona. Half of the ship is leaving in Barcelona and many feel like we do ("been there - done that") in terms of port intensive itineraries in Europe. When we do visit Europe, it will be to specific places and will be land trips vs. cruising.

P.S. We love Australia (and New Zealand) but the cost keeps us away.