AA 777-200 rear Facing Seats???

teacherman

We will be booking business class on this type plane. Would a couple be better off to take seats next to each other, or 2 side seats? I have read seat GURU and looked at YouTube and there seem to be a lot of discussion about seat dividers not being able to be lowered and feeling a lot of movement when the adjacent passenger moves in their seat. Any info/advice from those who have experienced this plane is welcome. This is for a flight from Buenos Ares to Miami.

Ok, so my DH actually wanted us to downgrade to coach when he found out we'd be separated in that kind of seat. Now post experience, we would both lovvvvvvvve to fly in those again! He flew backwards behind me because I get motion sick and thought it'd be better to face forward. I could reach up over my head and divider to pass him stuff or tap his head. I got up and sat on my knees on the seat to chat with him, and I stood next to his pod to chat. It all worked. We watched movies stretched out as if we were in our living room and had great food and service. You're still not really sitting together if you sit in the middle, so you might as well go for the Windows. Have a great flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I fly in business, pretty frequently, when I can get it. and have had both types of seats. The side by sides aren't what I'd call "next". IF you have to be "next", then you'll be closer with 2 aisles across from each other.

I've flown 4 times to South America this past season, had business every time and a nice seating option. .

Yes, I have flown these seats and they're pretty decent.

I've not done these specific seats with another passenger but have in other similar configurations. It all depends on what you prefer and how you prefer to travel with a partner. I would pick window seats one row apart because for us it wasn't important to chat continuously through the flight, but for others that's an issue.

I booked only a couple of weeks before I flew and ended up in 7A which only has one seat and is not attached to another seat so I was not disturbed at all. I sleep pretty well on planes though.

I would think that it would feel very odd to be seated in a rear facing seat, particularly during take-off and landing. I would appreciate learning comments by others.

I've flown facing rearwards hundreds of times as BA have had rear facing seats in business class since 2000. It's only slightly different for the very initial part of the climb, this might last 30secs up to a few minutes or so. Landing is much more gradual so barely noticeable apart from deceleration upon touchdown. In the cruise portion of the flight I would be surprised if anyone blindfolded could tell the difference.

I would think that it would feel very odd to be seated in a rear facing seat, particularly during take-off and landing. I would appreciate learning comments by others.

I haven't noticed much either. Doesn't bother me at all. I never can select a seat, in advance, and have gotten these seats several times, since they appear to be frequently later selected. :) Makes no difference for my travels.

In the cruise portion of the flight I would be surprised if anyone blindfolded could tell the difference.
As I mentioned in another thread (started by someone who flew in rear-facing seats and loved it), I once woke up in the middle of the night and could not for the life of me work out whether I was facing forward or aft. I was totally disorientated. It took me a little while to gather my wits so that I could work out from first principles what the configuration of the cabin was, and which of the seats should be facing forward or aft.

The acceleration and deceleration forces do work slightly differently when facing aft. But it's not that odd - it's less odd than sitting sideways (which is the lot of many military passengers, who often have no windows either). By the time of my second flight, I barely noticed.