Odyssey - Bathroom power outlet?

gddeluca

Is there an outlet? We're going for 5 weeks so we'll need our toothbrush charger. It's not a big power draw, so even a razor outlet would do.

George

I used the outlet on the dressing table for that. We usually bring a power strip as well.

Is there an outlet? We're going for 5 weeks so we'll need our toothbrush charger. It's not a big power draw, so even a razor outlet would do.

George

I haven't sailed on Odyssey, but both Quest and Sojourn have a razor outlet high up on the wall on the shower side of the vanity.

I use it to plug a night light into.😀

SKP946: Thanks for the reminder.

And, as I also recall, it's a US one.

And, as I further recall, I left our US night-light (nite-lite?) behind last time and, on this next one coming up in three weeks, we're getting off in the US...

Thanks everyone. I found an online video tour of an Odyssey cabin, and in the bathroom I think I can see an outlet high up (as was described) right above the wall telephone. I'm guessing that's it; if so, it will do fine.

George

Something to keep in mind, though, is that the bathroom outlet is only hot when the bathroom light is on. If you turn off the bathroom light, your toothbrush will not charge and your plug-in night light won't light. For a nightlight in the Odyssey bathroom, consider a small, battery-operated tea light, or something similar.

Con

Something to keep in mind, though, is that the bathroom outlet is only hot when the bathroom light is on. If you turn off the bathroom light, your toothbrush will not charge and your plug-in night light won't light. For a nightlight in the Odyssey bathroom, consider a small, battery-operated tea light, or something similar.

Con

My night light stays on constantly when plugged into the bathroom razor socket (on Quest and Sojourn)

"My night light stays on constantly when plugged into the bathroom razor socket (on Quest and Sojourn)"

Hmm...I'd have thought all these ships would be the same, but in four sailings on the Odyssey I've only found the bathroom socket to work with the light on. Odd.

Con

"My night light stays on constantly when plugged into the bathroom razor socket (on Quest and Sojourn)"

Hmm...I'd have thought all these ships would be the same, but in four sailings on the Odyssey I've only found the bathroom socket to work with the light on. Odd.

Con

This outlet also had constant power on the old Pride as well.

There is a little tab between the plug holes, if the base of your plug doesn't push that in, then it won't work😀

Hmmm, nothing definitive then. It's not that charging the toothbrush somewhere else isn't possible, it's just a nuisance cluttering up the vanity and shuttling stuff in and out of the bathroom.

I really don't understand the reluctance of ships to provide an outlet in the bathroom. Their excuse is safety, but I'm sure every one of us lives in houses with perfectly legal and safe outlets in the bathroom - our en-suite has three of them. What's their problem? I'd have loved to have been able to bring my water-pic along.

In the UK we are only allowed to have a razor socket in the bathroom no other type of electrical socket and lights must be pull cord or if a switch, outside of the bathroom so maybe this is an outside of the U.S. Health and safety law as most of the ships are built in Europe?

A GFI would fix that problem. In the US they are required near water to prevent shock or fire. It is required in bathrooms and sinks. For those who do not know a GFI is a ground fault indicator which will switch off the electric.

• 4 weeks later...
My night light stays on constantly when plugged into the bathroom razor socket (on Quest and Sojourn)

Do you recall if the socket has both US (flat) style holes and European (round) style as most hotel razor sockets do?

I was recently on Odyssey and the bathroom outlet (US style) worked perfectly to charge toothbrush. I do believe we left the bathroom light on at night though, so as not to disturb one another by turning on the wrong light switch outside the door in the middle of the night if we needed the bathroom! That might by why it charged ok, if the bathroom outlet does only work with the light on.

"Do you recall if the socket has both US (flat) style holes and European (round) style as most hotel razor sockets do?"

The bathroom sockets in Odyssey certainly do have US/Canadian 110 flats. I'm afraid I don't recall whether they also have the European twin rounds, as I wasn't looking for them.

Con

Hmmm, nothing definitive then. It's not that charging the toothbrush somewhere else isn't possible, it's just a nuisance cluttering up the vanity and shuttling stuff in and out of the bathroom.

I really don't understand the reluctance of ships to provide an outlet in the bathroom. Their excuse is safety, but I'm sure every one of us lives in houses with perfectly legal and safe outlets in the bathroom - our en-suite has three of them. What's their problem? I'd have loved to have been able to bring my water-pic along.

I use my water pik in the bathroom outlet all the time. I use the European outlet and an adapter. Just be sure the water pik is 120/240 volt.