Celebration 7th May17 Newcastle flight change of departure time

please note the morning flight to Malaga from Newcastle has been changed. E ticket issued a couple of weeks ago had a revised flight time of 8.05am, changed from the original of 7.05am. Boarding pass printed today shows flight time of 7.15am. My Travel Agent who had not been notified confirmed this with Thomsons. Apparently the itinerary has changed too. One port dropped and Cherbourg dropped for Le Havre. I haven't checked this out as yet. Not a happy cruiser at all....very shabby of Thomsons at this late stage.

please note the morning flight to Malaga from Newcastle has been changed. E ticket issued a couple of weeks ago had a revised flight time of 8.05am, changed from the original of 7.05am. Boarding pass printed today shows flight time of 7.15am. My Travel Agent who had not been notified confirmed this with Thomsons. Apparently the itinerary has changed too. One port dropped and Cherbourg dropped for Le Havre. I haven't checked this out as yet. Not a happy cruiser at all....very shabby of Thomsons at this late stage.

You are correct this is the updated schedule of ports as i have got a source who told me

Day 1 : Malaga - Depart 10PM

Day 2 : Cadiz - Spain (12:00 - 20:00)

Day 3 : Portimao - Portugal (08:00 - 17:00)

Day 4 : Lisbon - Portugal (08:00 - 18:00)

Day 5 : At Sea

Day 6 : La Coruna -- Spain (08:00 - 15:00)

Day 7 : Bilbao - Spain (09:00 - 18:00)

Day 8 : La Rochelle - France (09:00 - 17:00)

Day 9 : At Sea

Day 10 : Le Harve France (09:00 - 17:00)

Day 11 : Zeebrugge - Belgium (09:00 19:00)

Day 12 : Amsterdam - Holland (09:00 - 19:00)

Day 13 : Bremerhaven - Germany (09:00 - 22:00)

Day 14 : At Sea

Day 15 : Newcaste

They have taken out Brest as port of call and replace it with a day at sea and have taken out cherbourg and replaced with Le harve

Very short notice for these changes especially dropping one port and changing another. Some people may have arranged private tours for these ports. Thomson haven't even the decency to email their customers about changes and most people won't find out until they board the ship. This has happened to us a few times with Thomson. I know itineraries can change due to weather etc. but if they know about the changes beforehand they should at least give their customers as much notice as possible.

We are not happy either, we have bought train tickets for cherbourg to bayeax to see the tapastries....I spoke with customer service and they said thats our problem, nothing to do with them.They really dont give a **** was the attitude what came across.

Hopefully we can get our money back for these tickets.

Yes,

they've made the same sequence of changes to our flights later in the month.

They also want us to phone up to speak to someone to confirm we have received the e-mail about the time change. There doesn't seem to be a way of doing on the web, or by an automated call - we have to phone and hang on until it actually gets answered. Arrrggghh!

They did the same to us. I had no intention of phoning them so just pressed the reply button and sent a reply acknowledging their email. As it is only for our return flight and the difference is one hour, I am sure, the coaches from the ship will be on time.

We are not happy either, we have bought train tickets for cherbourg to bayeax to see the tapastries....I spoke with customer service and they said thats our problem, nothing to do with them.They really dont give a **** was the attitude what came across.

Hopefully we can get our money back for these tickets.

You are right they don't really care. Customer Service is there primarily to tell you which one of their multiple terms and conditions allows them to make any change they feel like, whenever they feel like it.

Changing flights at the last minute appears to be a bit of a trend. Customer care is definitely getting worse and while I am on a rant the last couple of flights we have been on they have also run out of food before serving half the plane and there are less check in desks so much longer queues. Rant over.

You are correct this is the updated schedule of ports as i have got a source who told me

Day 1 : Malaga - Depart 10PM

Day 2 : Cadiz - Spain (12:00 - 20:00)

Day 3 : Portimao - Portugal (08:00 - 17:00)

Day 4 : Lisbon - Portugal (08:00 - 18:00)

Day 5 : At Sea

Day 6 : La Coruna -- Spain (08:00 - 15:00)

Day 7 : Bilbao - Spain (09:00 - 18:00)

Day 8 : La Rochelle - France (09:00 - 17:00)

Day 9 : At Sea

Day 10 : Le Harve France (09:00 - 17:00)

Day 11 : Zeebrugge - Belgium (09:00 19:00)

Day 12 : Amsterdam - Holland (09:00 - 19:00)

Day 13 : Bremerhaven - Germany (09:00 - 22:00)

Day 14 : At Sea

Day 15 : Newcaste

They have taken out Brest as port of call and replace it with a day at sea and have taken out cherbourg and replaced with Le harve

Just had an email today to officially tell me the above, BUT also 4 port times have changed.

La Rochelle 0900 - 1800

Zeebrugge 0900 - 1700

Amsterdam 0900 - 1700

Bremerhaven 1200 - 2200

Sad about Zeebrugge as we were catching a tram right along the coast then calling into a couple of places on the way back, but with 2 hours lopped off dare not risk the whole journey now.

Been so many changes on this one, hope that is the last.

Gill

Thank you Gillhalfpint for the timings update, more irritation. I'm the original poster and it was only yesterday that I was given the official timings change which arrived via my TA. I've been wondering if We are entitled to compensation for the change of a stop in Brest, which I was looking forward to, to another sea day. I totally accept this can happen unexpectedly as a result of bad weather but this change was made before the ship had sailed. Does anyone have an email address for Thomsons where I can raise this.

We are going to be doing our own thing in most of the ports so have been looking them up on the What's in Port site to see how close they are to the towns, and some of them will be too far for my husband to walk. It does say some cruise companies and ports put on shuttle buses, some free others not but the cruise companies don't advertise the fact till the night before so they can maximise their excursion sales. We will be going out today for more euros as the cost of travel is going to be a consideration we were not expecting.

Gill

Thank you Gillhalfpint for the timings update, more irritation. I'm the original poster and it was only yesterday that I was given the official timings change which arrived via my TA. I've been wondering if We are entitled to compensation for the change of a stop in Brest, which I was looking forward to, to another sea day. I totally accept this can happen unexpectedly as a result of bad weather but this change was made before the ship had sailed. Does anyone have an email address for Thomsons where I can raise this.

It would be interesting to know when these changes of ports and timings were actually made. This is not the only itinerary that has had massive changes with no or very last minute notification.