Parking For Galveston Cruise

Sportscruiser5000

Awesome, thanks. We're going to have a lot of stuff (scuba gear) that would make it difficult to drag across the street.

I can't wait for next weekend. I've lived in Texas for 8 years and this is my first cruise from Galveston

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Also when approaching terminal # 2 to pick up family and baggage ,

Donot follow herd in right lane . There are three traffic lanes , get into left lane and pass all the traffic officers , and go around the bottleneck all the way down to end of terminal on right nearer exit from terminal. Also when your

group exits immigration and terminal , have them turn right , and also walk to end of terminal . There is no BIG bottleneck of pick up / drop off there. :)

Edited by ssb

Also when approaching terminal # 2 to pick up family and baggage ,

Donot follow herd in right lane . There are three traffic lanes , get into left lane and pass all the traffic officers , and go around the bottleneck all the way down to end of terminal on right nearer exit from terminal. Also when your

group exits immigration and terminal , have them turn right , and also walk to end of terminal . There is no BIG bottleneck of pick up / drop off there. :)

You are AWESOME...thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ever use Cruise Park(cruisepark.com)? They are Sunday to Sunday cruise departures only. Cheap @ $49. 3 blocks away. No shuttle. Looks like a great parking spot for rccl cruise. Any other advantages/disadvantages?

I was just checking parking rates, and have used EZ Cruise Parking for all but 1 of my previous 6 cruises. It seems like their discount code of "anysail" is no longer valid, so for a 7-day cruise, we would have to pay $70 + tax.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We're looking at parking via park n cruise which is mentioned here. Is walking to the ship feasible in the middle of August considering the heat? Are the places with shuttles more expensive?

If you are not used to the high humidity/heat like of a sauna, the walk will be very difficult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

We have cruised several times out of Galveston and have always used either Lighthouse or Park N Cruise. We like both of them but we are cruising on Liberty the last of this month and decided to use Lighthouse for a couple of reasons. First of all, using the code anysail, the cost was $70. The cost for PNC was mid $90's. It has really gone up since the first time we used them several years ago.

The other reason is if you drop off a person and your luggage at the terminal, it is harder to get back from the RCCL terminal. We have cruised Carnival and you can just drive across Harborside and get back to the garage easily. Since the RCCL terminal is further down, you have to do down several blocks before you can turn back and head to PNC. The last time we used PNC, traffic was so bad on Harborside that is took me about 15 minutes to get back and park when it's taken just a couple of minutes the previous times.

Since the Carnival terminal is the first one I did email just to make sure that they have shuttles designated for each terminal. I received a prompt response and I was assured that they do have designated shuttles.

We used Galveston Park & Cruise 3 times now. We opt for the indoor parking. We pull up at the port in our vehicle and drop our bags with a porter and then go park the car. They lock your vehicle in building. Once you park they will take you to the corner on a golf cart and then it is just a walk across the street to the Carnival terminal. We cruise with Royal Caribbean so once you get to the Carnival terminal you just walk down the sidewalk to terminal 2 where RC leaves from. We love using them and will continue to with any return trip to Galveston.

I have looked on google earth and see that the terminals are fenced in. How do you pull up to the port and unload your luggage?

Thank you! We had wondered if that might be. We've never gone out of Galveston and will be trying the Park and Cruise and, I guess, taking that over-head walkway.

The over-head walkway is not usable at this time. I wish it were.

thanks, we will watch for updates. seems like walking across the street is ok too, but of course we haven't been there :)

Yes, it is an easy walk. It is hard for me now because I can't walk very far any more. The last time I did it we were cruising on RCCL and that is further down. The last time we did valet parking. It was really nice.