Days Inn and Suites Galveston

Sky616

Anybody ever stay here? How was it? It looks like we can do just a 1 night stay pre cruise as others it's a 2 night minimum. How far away from the port is it? Are there restaurants, grocery store and wine store nearby? Thanks in advance.

Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall? We have reservations there for this Saturday (May 13) so I can give you a little more information when we get there. Looking at Google Maps, it's about 15-20 minutes from the port, depending on your route. Walmart Supercenter or a Kroger are about 5-6 minutes away on the Seawall Blvd. Not very far away from the stores and restaurants, just not in the middle of it all.

We have stayed there twice and plan to stay there again next April. We like it and it is much less than most of the other hotel/motels. There is a little strip mall about a block away that has a little place to eat but most everything is further away. We normally book as soon as they open reservations to get the best rate. Hope you have a great cruise.

We have stayed there twice and plan to stay there again next April. We like it and it is much less than most of the other hotel/motels. There is a little strip mall about a block away that has a little place to eat but most everything is further away. We normally book as soon as they open reservations to get the best rate. Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for your input as I did book it tonight. It was a really good rate I got compared to some of the others I priced out. I assume there is no shuttle to the ship? How much was a cab? We are on Liberty of the Seas. We are also sailing next April on the 8th.

Thanks for your input as I did book it tonight. It was a really good rate I got compared to some of the others I priced out. I assume there is no shuttle to the ship? How much was a cab? We are on Liberty of the Seas. We are also sailing next April on the 8th.

We sail the 15th on the Breeze. We were on the LOS the last 2 years. I am not sure about the shuttle and don't know how much the cab would be.

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed here on Saturday May 13 before our cruise on Sunday. The hotel itself is nice and fairly new looking. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had driven down from Arkansas so we had our car and did not use a cab, so no help there. Also, no shuttle available that I know of. We could have walked across the street to the beach (crossing a busy 4 lane street), but we did not. We ate at Jimmy's on the Pier, fairly close to the hotel but drove there. I would not waste my money there again - food was subpar for the price you have to pay. Walking out on the fishing pier was nice but smelly, of course - people were actively fishing. We did drive to everything we did as there really wasn't anything great within easy walking distance. I don't know if I would stay that far out without having a vehicle readily available.

We stayed here on Saturday May 13 before our cruise on Sunday. The hotel itself is nice and fairly new looking. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had driven down from Arkansas so we had our car and did not use a cab, so no help there. Also, no shuttle available that I know of. We could have walked across the street to the beach (crossing a busy 4 lane street), but we did not. We ate at Jimmy's on the Pier, fairly close to the hotel but drove there. I would not waste my money there again - food was subpar for the price you have to pay. Walking out on the fishing pier was nice but smelly, of course - people were actively fishing. We did drive to everything we did as there really wasn't anything great within easy walking distance. I don't know if I would stay that far out without having a vehicle readily available.

I agree with what you said. However with the price being what it is, it is affordable for us unlike many others. As you say though it is not in the middle of all the action and would be inconvenient for people without a car.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we were very pleased with the accommodations and the price. Would definitely stay there again, having our own vehicle only.

Good to hear the positive feedback.

We have reservations there for the night before our cruise on the Liberty of the Seas in January 2018.

We will be driving down from north Texas on Saturday so we will have our car.

I thought the price was reasonable, under $100 including tax.