What Is All of the Fine Print???

teacherman

We have "reserved" business class seats round trip to South America on EZair. I have read as much as I can find about the pros and cons of doing this. In looking at our flight schedules on the EZair site, it says "Important Information" regarding this class of ticket. It says that flights can be on some other airlines and cannot be on certain other airlines. It lists a bunch of 2 letter codes. In trying to find their meaning, most of them are airlines that do not service our area. BUT it also has some information about "surcharges" of $450 can be added under certain conditions that I do not understand. It is all written in very short phrases. Do any of you have knowledge of this?

Our flights are going on Delta and returning on AA. Any information is welcome.

Also, upon returning, we have a 2:30 lay-over in Miami, and a 45 minute lay-over in Phil, which seems short for a connection. We are thinking of changing to a 6:30 lay-over in Miami, and then home to DTW from there. Any thoughts on this? Thank you.

In looking at our flight schedules on the EZair site, it says "Important Information" regarding this class of ticket. It says that flights can be on some other airlines and cannot be on certain other airlines. It lists a bunch of 2 letter codes. In trying to find their meaning, most of them are airlines that do not service our area. BUT it also has some information about "surcharges" of $450 can be added under certain conditions that I do not understand. It is all written in very short phrases. Do any of you have knowledge of this?
This may seem pretty basic: If you were to post what you're asking about, then maybe we could decipher it. But in the abstract, it's going to be pretty difficult for someone who can't see what you see to guess at what it might mean.

As stated, we need to know the exact wording.

A few general concepts: when one buys bulk rate tickets in a lower Class, they will be the first bumped, if a problem arises. That problem could be an equipment change where the new aircraft has fewer business class seats than the previous aircraft. I have seen BC over sold just like EC. Guess who loses? I've had some BC tickets were the small print says that any changes to the ticket costs $400. Is $450 the new price?

SURCHARGES

IF INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. THERE IS NO MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE PER DIRECTION PER ANY PASSENGER. ORIGINATING UNITED STATES - MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 430.00 PER DIRECTION WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER FOR FROM THE GATEWAY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. A SURCHARGE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR ANY FARE PAYING PASSENGER EACH TIME TRAVEL INVOLVES AN ENPLANEMENT ON A DL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT. THE SURCHARGE SHALL BE CONVERTED TO THE APPLICABLE CURRENCY FOR THE COUNTRY OF COMMENCEMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AT THE APPLICABLE IATA ROE THE SURCHARGE WILL NOT APPLY TO PASSENGERS TRAVELING ON ANY DL FREE TICKET. THE SURCHARGE APPLIES IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER CHARGES AND IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY DISCOUNT. AND - ORIGINATING CHILE - MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 430.00 PER DIRECTION WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER FOR FROM THE GATEWAY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. A SURCHARGE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR ANY FARE PAYING PASSENGER EACH TIME TRAVEL INVOLVES AN ENPLANEMENT ON A DL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT. THE SURCHARGE SHALL BE CONVERTED TO THE APPLICABLE CURRENCY FOR THE COUNTRY OF COMMENCEMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AT THE APPLICABLE IATA ROE THE SURCHARGE WILL NOT APPLY TO PASSENGERS TRAVELING ON ANY DL FREE TICKET. THE SURCHARGE APPLIES IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER CHARGES AND IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY DISCOUNT.

MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

This is the wording from the Princess EZair web site concerning my "reserved" fare. There is also much other wording concerning what airlines this fare can be used on, and which airlines it cannot be used on. This is the wording for the Delta portion of the flight. The AA portion is shown below.

SURCHARGES

IF INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - CONTRACT BULK INFANT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - MILITARY INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT UNDER 2. OR - INCLUSIVE TOUR INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. THERE IS NO MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE PER ANY PASSENGER. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. SURCHARGES DO NOT APPLY TO INFANT PASSENGERS NOT OCCUPYING A SEAT. MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 430.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. THE SURCHARGE APPLIES IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER CHARGES AND IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY DISCOUNT. THE SURCHARGE WILL NOT APPLY TO PASSENGERS TRAVELING ON FREE TICKETS.

I really do not understand this or know if it even applies to this situation, although it is there as "Significant Terms and Conditions-Fare Rules"

I really do not understand this or know if it even applies to this situation, although it is there as "Significant Terms and Conditions-Fare Rules"
Don't worry about the surcharges or about the list of airlines in that small print. This is taken from the full fare rules for the fare that forms the basis of the fare quote. But if you've actually got a fare quote for a specific itinerary, it will already have taken into account the airlines/flights that the fare can/can't be used on, and it will already include any applicable surcharges out of those described in the fare rules. By definition, a quote using the fare to which those rules are applicable must already comply with all of the fare's rules.

also look at your connection in Philly. I had a flight attendant tell me; don't ever book a connection thru Philly less than one hour; preferably 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Go with longer layover in Miami

also look at your connection in Philly. I had a flight attendant tell me; don't ever book a connection thru Philly less than one hour; preferably 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Go with longer layover in Miami

It also never seems to fail, the shorter the connection time, the farther apart the gates are.