Disney on ship wedding

Jenalorrainex

i can't seem to find the answer anywhere... if you get married on ship do you get married while the ship is still in port or on another day? My parents got married like 15 years ago on carnival and they did it before the ship left. I know about the terminal wedding before it leaves but was just wondering if it was different for on ship vs the island. Tia

i can't seem to find the answer anywhere... if you get married on ship do you get married while the ship is still in port or on another day? My parents got married like 15 years ago on carnival and they did it before the ship left. I know about the terminal wedding before it leaves but was just wondering if it was different for on ship vs the island. Tia

If you're talking about actually getting married (not already married and doing a vow renewal), you do have the actual ceremony onshore (before boarding). Then once onboard, I believe the Captain will do a "for show" ceremony at some point (not necessarily the first day). Or it could be on Castaway Cay.

The actual, legal wedding takes place on shore, usually in a room in the terminal before boarding. The on board wedding is, as noted, a "for show" event which can be performed on board or on Castaway Cay. The date for this is scheduled in advance, so barring an emergency at sea, you and your guests know exactly when it will be. You can bring your own officiant or DCL will provide one for you. You can also arrange (privately, not thru DCL) to have a legal wedding performed at many of the ports of call. Just be aware that if the ship can't dock or tender, you can have all those plans messed up.

A ceremony on Castaway Cay is handled the same as if on the ship--the legal wedding is performed prior to the ship's departure from Port Canaveral.

I've witnessed one wedding while on the ship. The "for show" part took place on the main 3rd floor when we were in port. The ship was very quiet then, so it was mainly just the wedding party and their guests. We were several balconies above looking down on them. Seemed very romantic. :). The people who stayed onboard seemed to respect the party's space and just watch from afar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much everyone! Yeah was wondering if it was two different days, I don't know if that would drive me crazy having two different dates

Well, the actual date you were married would be the first one (the official one). The other one is just for show (for pictures) not a true wedding.