New To Windstar - Tell Me All About It!

sailingforever

Hello!

My husband and I will be on the Star Pride in January for a Caribbean itinerary. We've been on 6 cruises before, but only on the large ships (Celebrity, Princess, and Royal). We wanted to try a small ship with fewer passengers.

Tell me all about the Windstar experience! What do we have to look forward to? Any tips or advice from seasoned Windstar cruisers? What is the on deck experience like (chair hogs? Drink service?)

Looking very much forward to trying them out! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you doing the 7 day or 11 day? Either way you'll have a great time. No chair hogs. Drinks by pool are wonderful. Windstar service is the best. The deck bbq will blow you away and the beach party with water toys lots of fun. Candles on deck in the Caribbean is always special. Veal chops are wonderful if you're a meat eater. Swim platform will be out most days unless seas are heavy. Suites big with huge closet and marble bath. Lovely ship and great fun. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply!

We are doing the 11-day itinerary. 14 days would be our preferred length but it doesn't seem that Windstar does the longer cruises.

Glad to hear no chair hogs! I like that the Star Pride deck chairs have umbrellas as well.

Looking forward to the great service that I have heard about!

The 11 day itinerary looks splendid. We did 7 day SJU on Star Legend 2 years ago and loved it but hated to get off so the longer one is perfect. We're doing the Surf b2b in the fall which will be 14 days. You will truly love the service from the extraordinary crew. They are always amazing and keep us coming back for more.

I did get in finally after several tries.

oops, wrong thread, sorry about that.

One thing I would recommend to the OP is peruse all the threads on this forum. You'll get info on dining, drinking, boarding, cabins, laundry, sailing, tendering, ports and just about anything else you could have a question about. Its a slow moving forum with a small group of regular posters, many whom have had multiple cruises with Windstar.

• 2 weeks later...

It is fabulous. I am on the Star Legend now. Cruise ends in 2 days. I do not want to leave. Cabins are huge. Bathrooms are spacious too. Service is excellent. Food is delicious. Shore excursions are good. However they are too expensive. Entertainment is not very good. Laundry service is very good. Relax and enjoyl

• 2 weeks later...

I just called yesterday, waited about 2 minutes. My request for distilled water in our cabin on the Windsurf in June was handled quite well with a phone agent.

Afaik, they don't respond to emails.

We used to request distilled water in advance and found out last year no need to. They have it on request to cabin steward. Great operation!

• 4 weeks later...

Our experience has been that once you have experienced the smaller ships, you will never wish to return to the larger ones. One exception might be entertainment lovers. Smaller ships have a different entertainment experience.

Hello!

My husband and I will be on the Star Pride in January for a Caribbean itinerary. We've been on 6 cruises before, but only on the large ships (Celebrity, Princess, and Royal). We wanted to try a small ship with fewer passengers.

Tell me all about the Windstar experience! What do we have to look forward to? Any tips or advice from seasoned Windstar cruisers? What is the on deck experience like (chair hogs? Drink service?)

Looking very much forward to trying them out! [emoji4]

Thought you might like to see this review published in Money Magazine. We did this cruise last September and the reviewer is spot on!

http://moneyinc.com/review-windstar-cruises-classic-italy-dalmatian-coast/