Dream - which deck to book on?

isadelia

Hello! We'll be sailing on the Dream in February with a 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old. We'll be getting a Verandah room, but I don't know where to look for deciding which floor to be on. Any advice?

If you plan to use the laundry facilities then I would book on one of those floor. If you get seasick or vertigo easy, I would book midship or aft. Forward you can definitely feel the motion of the ocean. Also, most of the things to do are aft, with the exception of the spa and gym so there's another reason to book midship-aft. Deck 5 has the oceaneers club, so if you want the convenience of being near the kids area, choose 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you plan to use the laundry facilities then I would book on one of those floor. If you get seasick or vertigo easy, I would book midship or aft. Forward you can definitely feel the motion of the ocean. Also, most of the things to do are aft, with the exception of the spa and gym so there's another reason to book midship-aft. Deck 5 has the oceaneers club, so if you want the convenience of being near the kids area, choose 6.

The Dream class ships have laundry rooms on all stateroom decks (unlike the Magic class).

Thanks! We're well versed on which section (mid/aft/fwd) works best for us but am really not familiar with layout of the Disney ships, we have only been on Carnival. Didn't know if there were better floors for kids to avoid noise above/below, or if they are all mainly cabins above and below. Sounds like 6 is probably safe, especially if it's near the kids area.

We love 5 aft on both classes of ships. And unless your child gets sick on the ship, I can't see why you'd spend vacation time doing laundry on such a short cruise. My philosophy is when the cruise is longer than 7 nights, I'll do laundry. Shorter, the clothes can wait till we get home.

We always book on a passenger deck with passenger decks above and below.

Also, don't book right across or next to the laundry facilities. If it floods, it may reach your room.

Noise issues are a lot more common than floods...but same idea. Yes, a cabin very near the laundry facility is to be avoided.

If they have noise complaints, DCL will post a sign stating that the facility will be closed at night if the noise persists...and will lock the doors prior to "quiet hours."

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure if we'll do laundry, we'll be at Disney for a land trip before the cruise, so it's something we have to figure out for sure.

I'm thinking we'll book on 7, not near laundry.