Anyone use the valet parking in Galveston yet?

jessandtwo

We used it in April when we sailed on LOS. I am not sure how it is on Carnival. We will find out next April.

It worked great for us. You just pull up in front of the terminal and you can ask the guard to direct you to the person who does the valet parking. The stands are right in front of the terminal and the men who take your luggage come to your car and get your checked luggage.

We thought it was great and very convenient.

What was the price to use the valet parking for the week? Sounds like it might be worth the extra cost over the off-site parking areas.

Also, do they valet the cars in a garage or carport-type covered area or just open parking?

Thank you for helping with these bits of extra info!!

NEVERMIND :eek: ...posted this request then saw the other thread about the valet parking and was able to get enough info there :o

Edited by gotta cruise again
found the other thread!!

What was the price to use the valet parking for the week? Sounds like it might be worth the extra cost over the off-site parking areas.

Also, do they valet the cars in a garage or carport-type covered area or just open parking?

Thank you for helping with these bits of extra info!!

NEVERMIND :eek: ...posted this request then saw the other thread about the valet parking and was able to get enough info there :o

Just to add a little more info. The cars are parked in a parking garage across the street from the terminal. It is the one which has the walkover crossing the street but they told me that the walkover is not being used. However they may open it in the future. That would be nice because that parking garage is now open for cruise parking.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea,but wonder how it will be when everyone starts using it. I guess they will hire enough people to unload you and move your car.

I read on the other thread, it was $120-130 (sorry, I forgot!), and Im assuming that is a 7 day cruise. Im taken care of for my next 3 cruises, but might have to try this! Will be eager to see how smoothly it runs.