Cayman - Ship schedule vs actual arrival time

mysticbluebmw

Hey all, this will be my first time in Cayman. The arrival time for the Divina on 6/20 is listed at 9am for Grand Cayman. I know others have said they actually pull in at 8am. Does this have to do with Cayman not practicing daylight savings time? If we get there at 8am, will that be the ship time and Cayman time? And finally is the ships departure the same as Cayman time, then? Just a little confused and was hoping someone could clear it up for me. Thanks!

Try posting this under the port of call page, under Grand Cayman. You may get a better answer there. From my past experience (RC not MSC) we tendered into Grand Cayman. And you can always ask on board...but we go by ship time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I asked here because I wanted to hear from someone who sailed specifically on the Divina. Ultimately I wanted to ensure we'd have time for lunch after our excursion with Acquarius excursions. We meet them at 8:45am and after we get to their boat, the excursion lasts 3.5 hours. The ship departs at 4:00pm. So, will it actually be 8:00am to 3:00pm or will it still depart at 4:00pm, even though we arrive actually at 8:00am? I thought I would get a more appropriate "to my situation" answer by asking here. I probably could have been more specific [emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, I asked here because I wanted to hear from someone who sailed specifically on the Divina. Ultimately I wanted to ensure we'd have time for lunch after our excursion with Acquarius excursions. We meet them at 8:45am and after we get to their boat, the excursion lasts 3.5 hours. The ship departs at 4:00pm. So, will it actually be 8:00am to 3:00pm or will it still depart at 4:00pm, even though we arrive actually at 8:00am? I thought I would get a more appropriate "to my situation" answer by asking here. I probably could have been more specific [emoji28]

Call MSC for a definitive answer on whether or not they change ship time to match local time. I seem to remember that they did change it, but don't rely on me!

Your biggest challenge with the Cayman Islands is because all cruise ships tender, tendering requires good conditions or miss the stop altogether. This has happened to us *several* times. I think we're 50-50, at best, actually getting to the Cayman Islands.

Good luck.

It's been ship time.

Call MSC for a definitive answer on whether or not they change ship time to match local time. I seem to remember that they did change it, but don't rely on me!

Your biggest challenge with the Cayman Islands is because all cruise ships tender, tendering requires good conditions or miss the stop altogether. This has happened to us *several* times. I think we're 50-50, at best, actually getting to the Cayman Islands.

Good luck.

Thank you both.(y)