HAL land sea journey packing.

cruisinjudy

You must be doing the Yukon, cruise first? Plan to layer with short sleeve, long sleeve, lightweight fleece with a hood, comfy jeans or other long pants.....maybe shorts if so inclined. You probably won't need a heavy sweatshirt. Be sure to bring a lightweight rainproof jacket with hood and I always have my rainpants to pull on over my jeans (works for wind, rain, or cold). Two pair of water resistant shoes with sturdy socks. This is a basic land tour wardrobe. Dawson City can be a mess after a rain with dirt streets and boardwalks.

While on the ship you may want to have more comfortable shoes and a basic shipboard wardrobe. One pair of black pants (not jeans) a couple of lightweight tops, a sweater or wrap for dinner, some sparkly jewelry for Gala night.

We are flying out of Dawson City this year and will plan to keep our packing to one suitcase each. That will probably eliminate the male jacket for dinner but a collared shirt will work in the dining room on Gala night.

I also take warm gloves and a warm hat for glacier viewing. If I can I will pack a lightweight puffy jacket and vest for use on the ship. It will help if you plan to wear your heavy shoes on the plane.

You must be doing the Yukon, cruise first? Plan to layer with short sleeve, long sleeve, lightweight fleece with a hood, comfy jeans or other long pants.....maybe shorts if so inclined. You probably won't need a heavy sweatshirt. Be sure to bring a lightweight rainproof jacket with hood and I always have my rainpants to pull on over my jeans (works for wind, rain, or cold). Two pair of water resistant shoes with sturdy socks. This is a basic land tour wardrobe. Dawson City can be a mess after a rain with dirt streets and boardwalks.

While on the ship you may want to have more comfortable shoes and a basic shipboard wardrobe. One pair of black pants (not jeans) a couple of lightweight tops, a sweater or wrap for dinner, some sparkly jewelry for Gala night.

We are flying out of Dawson City this year and will plan to keep our packing to one suitcase each. That will probably eliminate the male jacket for dinner but a collared shirt will work in the dining room on Gala night.

I also take warm gloves and a warm hat for glacier viewing. If I can I will pack a lightweight puffy jacket and vest for use on the ship. It will help if you plan to wear your heavy shoes on the plane.

Thanks that helps. We have taken the cruise many times but never the land portion.