Venice Islands - DIY?

We will be in Venice this Summer and I would like to visit Murrano & Burrano. The Thomson price for this trip is £40, so £200 for the 5 of us. How easy would this be to do on our own? Can I get a water taxi from the port direct to one of them and then onto the next or would we need to travel via the mainland? Also does anyone have an up to date price for a days ticket for the water taxi please?

We will be in Venice this Summer and I would like to visit Murrano & Burrano. The Thomson price for this trip is £40, so £200 for the 5 of us. How easy would this be to do on our own? Can I get a water taxi from the port direct to one of them and then onto the next or would we need to travel via the mainland? Also does anyone have an up to date price for a days ticket for the water taxi please?

Hi we went to Venice with a different cruise line a few years ago. We used the ship's transfers (by boat) to Venice St mark's square, but I think you could do this yourself (I think the price was similar tbh but we just went with the ship for ease).

We then did everything else by ourselves including a gondola ride. We went over to Murrano. There are plenty of people trying to encourage you over to look in the factory/ shop and you go for free (I would usually be wary of this but my dad had told me about it) so off we went! It was a great experience, being whizzed over on a private jet boat!! However.... The return journey was not free (as we were lead to believe) so we had to use the public boats back. They were very easy to use. I'm sorry I can't remember the cost but it wasn't too bad. Enjoy. Venice is wonderful. We had a balcony cabin in that cruise so enjoyed the sail in/out very much.

Simply google " Venice for visitors". Then click the weblink which appears in the results. (It is part of the europe for visitors website but this takes you directly to Venice info)

Scroll down until you find the Murano info.

Lots of additional links to public transport route maps, fares etc too. There is also a section for cruise pax. The more you look the more you find.

I have always found it to be a really informative website..

Edited by edinburgher
typo

We did the Thomson trip and loved it, especially Burano but there was just the two of us. We also had free time when we were dropped off at St. Marks before being taken back to the ship. You probably could save a little by doing it yourselves but I think you'd be watching the clock all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums