Glacier Bay from starboard balcony - Norwegian Pearl

mamasylvia

Got all ready to see it from an aft balcony but just got upgraded to a starboard suite! Disabled so want to spend most of the time on our private balcony but is there anything I should particularly be in a different location to see?

I think you scored a pretty good deal. The ship will slowly enter Glacier Bay. Those on the Port side will see the Glaciers first. The captain will slowly turn the ship around and then slowly exit Glacier Bay. That way every one gets great views of the Glaciers. Being on the starboard side you'll get great views on the way out of Glacier Bay. You can also go up to one of the upper decks and watch the Glaciers from up there until you get cold or tired and then go back to your suite when the ship turns. You'll have a wonderful time, I guarantee it.

Randy

I had a starboard mini-suite on Pearl last year. Glacier Bay was AWESOME! I spent a good portion of the day on the bow of the ship (the only day it was opened) but it's a bit of an obstacle course getting out on that deck - you should send someone to do a little recon for you and see if you would be able to manage getting there - it's a great vantage point. I spent time on our balcony too. The interesting thing is they would park the ship in front of different glaciers then have the ship revolve around a few times (not going in a circle, actually revolving) so no matter where you were you'd get a good view. I lost track of time but I'd guess we'd go around at least 2-3 times before moving on. The Spinnaker Lounge was the primary indoor view location and where the park rangers had tables set up with things to buy and the ability to ask questions. I don't think you'll be cut short if you do most of your glacier viewing from your balcony. You can tune your television to the channel with the commentary, turn the sound up pretty loud and you should be able to hear it from your balcony. (Our TV was on the cabinet just inside the balcony door....) It was a great day! You're going to have a fantastic time! Good luck!

From the bow deck:

27513647832_006ea197fe_b.jpg

From our balcony:

27579813176_d1705efc07_b.jpg

From O'Sheehan's at lunch:

27333789630_0075f606c2_b.jpg

What did the park rangers have for sale?

What beautiful pics!!! The lunch pic - is that window on the port or starboard side?

T-shirts, ballcaps, scarfs, pins, books, etc. I'm almost 100% positive we were sitting by the port side windows...I could be wrong... ;p

We were there last week, deck 9 starboard aft. There was plenty of time to go from our balcony to other parts of the ship, we did never go to spinnaker because I didn't want to take pictures through glass and hopefully be able to hear that crack of the glacier breaking.....

Honeyview_IMG_9353.jpg.6b7a501fd1bb9288361d7c8de77fa665.jpg

Honeyview_IMG_9384.jpg.63b79cf58c78e59700665e433f91d0f9.jpg