More discrimination

I had stepped them through the path I took including screen shots, the lady I spoke with today said she could see my point, and when I had a look tonight they've corrected the web site. So that seems like good news.

Now I'm hoping that in two years time, I can say "Don't need it" and take a standard cabin, though the doctors are actually predicting the opposite, but I've proven them wrong a few times over the years.

Wait till Google pricing takes over and you are quoted a price dependant on your browsing history and how much you are able or prepared to pay.

Stand by for the screams then. There will be toys thrown out of prams all over the place.:D

Already happens with accommodations sites and such.

I had stepped them through the path I took including screen shots, the lady I spoke with today said she could see my point, and when I had a look tonight they've corrected the web site. So that seems like good news.

That is good that they are fixing the website, it will make it better for any others in the same boat (pun intended).

Prices on P&O UK ships are lower by purchasing here from P&O Australia or an agent, like we have to, compared with converted prices on the British sites.

The two cruises we are doing on Adonia next year, total $3000 cheaper by booking here.

Uncle Les has done his research.:halo:

Prices on P&O UK ships are lower by purchasing here from P&O Australia or an agent, like we have to, compared with converted prices on the British sites.

The two cruises we are doing on Adonia next year, total $3000 cheaper by booking here.

It is because of the current rate of currency conversion. I am surprised that the pound sterling is so strong against the Aussie dollar, as everything I read talks about the weakening UK economy because of Brexit.

BTW Last year I got a much better conversion rate in the UK for my Aussie dollar than I could get in Australia, at that time.

Nice work Uncle Les.

Nice work Uncle Les.

Thanks Uncle Mic, couple of airfares there, but then I will probably let a few moths out of my wallet and go Premium Economy - Sydney - LHR and return.:halo:

But the cardinal cruise ship rule, never tell others on board what you paid, especially the Brits, I have experience of that.

Thanks Uncle Mic, couple of airfares there, but then I will probably let a few moths out of my wallet and go Premium Economy - Sydney - LHR and return.:halo:

But the cardinal cruise ship rule, never tell others on board what you paid, especially the Brits, I have experience of that.

Definitely true, either way someone ends up disappointed or even angry.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel for you but it's not only Princess, a few years ago we sailed on the HAL Noordam in Alaska for a hell of a lot more than the US people paid, first cruise for us and it made me crankyHope you sort it

Cheers Carole

Princess is one of the cruise lines that does not allow you to 'book outside' your region (and even then they may not be totally successful as there are some TAs in the US who will book Princess). I can book many other lines through the US or even UK for less than I can here. In a global world we are not limited to buying only through our own region. I can purchase most goods and services from O'S if I so choose. Australians miss out on many of the regional special pricing offers from lines overseas; hence my comment that we are treated as second class - send us the old ships, try and make us book through the local portal and charge higher prices. Yes, it is regional pricing but it is still discriminatory IMO.

You've piqued my interest. If one wanted to book from another region, how might they do that?

In fact you're not even supposed to ask.

Correct, from the guidelines -

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

I think the guidelines may be like the T&Cs on Insurance policies, hardly anyone reads them and those that do, may not fully understand them.

Correct, from the guidelines -

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

I think the guidelines may be like the T&Cs on Insurance policies, hardly anyone reads them and those that do, may not fully understand them.

Yep so few people read the fine print.

Great for lawyers I guess.