Why I'm So Excited About MSC Seaside

Spaniel Lover

I'm an experienced cruiser with 40 cruises under my belt, and had pretty much decided that Norwegian Cruise Line was my line of choice. That is, until I found out about the MSC Seaside!

You see, the two things I really like about Norwegian Cruise Line were the Haven Spa Suites that have a romantic Jacuzzi-for-two inside the room... and a few ships with Deluxe Owner's Suites that have a private Jacuzzi on the balcony. But NCL prices have been steadily creeping up over the last couple of years. Two years ago, it was possible to book a Haven Spa Suite for about $5000 (per couple) but these days it's closer to $7000. And the Deluxe Owner's Suite runs somewhere in the neighborhood of $1600 per night... or more, of course, in the summer or during holidays.

MSC wasn't really on my radar screen until a friend alerted me that not only is MSC trying to make a play for American cruise passengers by offering some rock-bottom pricing these days... but also that the upcoming new flagship, MSC Seaside, has a relatively-affordable category of cabins that have whirlpool tubs out on the balcony. That really got my attention... so I spent some time learning all about the MSC Seaside, and quickly concluded that I absolutely must book a cruise on this ship!

I could type out the full story of all the interesting things I discovered about the MSC Seaside, including all about that very interesting cabin category featuring a private whirlpool tub on the balcony... but I thought it would be a lot more interesting if I made a video about it instead, using some artist renderings, computer video renderings, and the deck plans... all provided by MSC.

So, if you have about 13 minutes to learn what I find so fascinating about the MSC Seaside... take a look at this video:

6ZB6vvwlB90

Or, better yet, watch it in HD on YouTube by clicking this link:

Hey Jim, thanks for the video I enjoyed it. Check out the Seaside section of my cruise website. I also have been collecting information on the Seaside for my January 13th, 2018 cruise in the Yacht club. Maybe I'll add another week in a cabin with a hot tub. Bob

LOL

I remember that I was one of the people trying to get you to look at MSC's Yacht Club years ago. I'm trying MSC for the first time in 2018 on Seaside but I wanted you to try it first so I could read another one of your reviews.

I actually got the Royal Suite but the whirlpool tub is more towards the "narrow" part of the balcony and not so exposed to the headwind. I'm sure it will be great.

MSC should, at the very least, comp you that suite for such a wonderful advertisement for their product!

You now have me re-thinking my reluctance to book Seaview. Her itinerary is the problem for me - not the ship itself. But, having watched your video, I'm being swayed to overlook it and go for the ship as the vacation destination.

MSC should, at the very least, comp you that suite for such a wonderful advertisement for their product!

Agreed! You have almost sold me on a hot tub suite and I'm not really a hot tub person.

In all seriousness though, I really enjoyed your video and can understand your excitement.

Today I used status match to get a discount on a Seaside Yacht Club suite and am very happy with the price paid. Can't wait!

Just a point, but why would MSC comp someone for making a video using their footage ?

This video has instilled an interest in me for Seaside/Seaview that no MSC blurb has to date, Dave. As you've been invested in Seaside since its launch, it may not have the same impact on you as it has on those of us (i.e. me) who weren't too bothered before.

I think it would make an excellent ad - it wouldn't surprise me if MSC get some bookings as a direct result of this particular video. Hence, I think the producer of such a work deserves some recognition from the company that will benefit from his creativity.

Thanks Jim! Very nice piece on the Seaside. My wife and I are too looking forward to our cruise on the Seaside with the private hot tub - I think we're going for the Royal Suite though. The price is just too nice to pass up.

I just finished reading your review of your January 2017 cruise on the Allure of the Seas. The "balcony club" - LOL that's funny.

Same reason here. I don't know how long the rock bottom pricing will last, but no reason not to try MSC when you can get a true suite (as in 350+ square feet with separate bedroom and living room) for the price of a balcony on RCCL or NCL. I am booked on Seaside for November 2018 and hopes to try the Meragvilia when it arrives in 2019.

Really liked the video. Just for everyone's reference. It's not just in the special suites and haven where the prices are much better. We are "regular" as the video said and we have been on the Divina and now are booked for the Seaside as well. But for the same reason. A comparable cruise the same week as our upcoming Seaside cruise will be about $1000 more for our family in a traditional balcony. And that is with NCL (who I really like) doing all kinds of promotions including KSF which MSC does all the time. So don't feel you have to get a top tier room or suite to see a savings on MSC. Also, one thing from the video. It mentions the fear of a windy balcony experience on the bump outs that face forward. I was in a cabin like that on the NCL Getaway and the wind was really not an issue the way you might think, so while I get the concern, I personally wouldn't hesitate to get that suite facing forward.

Another thing I noticed about the design - On the Divina, Le Muse (the restaurant for Yacht Club guests) is located on the aft end of the ship. On the Seaside, they've moved it forward so that it sits directly over the Top Sail lounge. That's going to be great; so now all the YC stuff is enclosed in the same general area.

Another thing I noticed about the design - On the Divina, Le Muse (the restaurant for Yacht Club guests) is located on the aft end of the ship. On the Seaside, they've moved it forward so that it sits directly over the Top Sail lounge. That's going to be great; so now all the YC stuff is enclosed in the same general area.

Same goes for Meraviglia. MSC learned a lesson from complaints about the YC restaurant position on Fantasia class ships.

Love this video (and a your other videos as well!) We are sailing on the Divina in 60 days (but who's counting . . . ME!) and we are planning to book the Seaside while on board . After watching your video , we decided to select one of these whirlpool suites . I will be looking forward to seeing your new review once you sail.

Just booked a Grand Suite for the May 12th sailing for my 40th. This will be great with the kids as it has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and a living room. Crazy to think it's not much more than thr balcony we had last week on Oasis, and we are crammed. CANT WAIT!

Just booked a Grand Suite for the May 12th sailing for my 40th. This will be great with the kids as it has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and a living room. Crazy to think it's not much more than thr balcony we had last week on Oasis, and we are crammed. CANT WAIT!
Hi skyking, glad to touch base with you again. We are on the Seaside on January 13th so maybe I can find out some things to help you like you helped me with the Divina. Check out my website in my signature to see what I have learned about the Seaside already. Bob