Just back Divina 5/13 to 5/20

MISTER 67

This was our 52nd cruise and second with MSC having sailed on the Divina last September.

We take 3 or 4 cruises a year so we are always looking for the best deals and right now you can't beat MSC. Needless to say we went with Bella inside level but we are Black Card due to the Loyalty Match program. MSC just can't do enough for you, 2 cocktail parties, a free meal at Eaterly, chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the cabin along with a bottle of Champagne, a small tote bag and a chocolate Divina. All this plus a 5 star cruise. Food, service and entertainment were all outstanding. We bought the 89 dollar drink package and had 3 unused coupons. Ate dinner in the Villa Rosa, beautiful dining room and better than the Black Crab. I find it strange that some think that the portions are small, first night out I had a huge portion of Rack of Lamb with all other portions a goodly size. Desserts were great, chocolate on MSC is really good.

The only thing I can complain about is the policy of keeping the doors of the dining room open way past the 6:15 time they have printed in the Daily Program.

Passengers were coming in as late as 6:55, when this happens it makes things a lot tougher on the wait staff. Is

Dress code Is not anywhere close to being enforced, we had people in blue jeans and tee shirts on Formal Nights.

I brought up the 2 gripes I had with the Maitr'e D and he was very nice but said they have been instructed not to make and issue with tardiness or dress, they don't want offend passengers but it's OK if we are offended.

I hoping that the new ships will have urinals in the men's rooms.

That being said, we loved everything else and booked 2 more cruises while on board with some perks, going on the Divina again in the Fall and the Seaside in the Fall of 2018.

BTW, our fiftieth anniversary is coming up in 2019 and we are going to splurge and do a cruise with the Aurea level and maybe even the Yacht Club.

Feel free to ask questions.

Edited by MISTER 67

Thank you for your review. I am eagerly reading all Divina reviews in preparation for my first MSC cruise which will be next year on the Seaside. I know the ships will be different, but the overall MSC experience should be similar. I am also in a Bella inside cabin, but only matched to silver, so wont get those extra perks you got, but that is ok. I love what I am hearing about MSC cruises so far.

How do you buy the 89.00 drink package? Do you do so online? or once on board? I have not been able to find it the website. I only find the all inclusive package, and that will not be worth it for me, but the 89.00 package I have been hearing about would be good for me.

Thanks again for your review.

Thank you for your review. I am eagerly reading all Divina reviews in preparation for my first MSC cruise which will be next year on the Seaside. I know the ships will be different, but the overall MSC experience should be similar. I am also in a Bella inside cabin, but only matched to silver, so wont get those extra perks you got, but that is ok. I love what I am hearing about MSC cruises so far.

How do you buy the 89.00 drink package? Do you do so online? or once on board? I have not been able to find it the website. I only find the all inclusive package, and that will not be worth it for me, but the 89.00 package I have been hearing about would be good for me.

We buy the 89 dollar package right after we board and have lunch. I guess you can buy it online but am not sure. It is quite a saving as we like Mahattans and they are 7.50, multiply that by 18 and its 135.00 plus the gratuity. BTW you do pay the gratuity when you buy the package so it comes out to 102.35.

BTW, our fiftieth anniversary is coming up in 2019 and we are going to splurge and do a cruise with the Aurea level and maybe even the Yacht Club.

Make it Yacht Club - it has so much more to offer than Aurea.

Mister 67, can I ask you what the perks were for booking on board? Trying to decide if I should wait til we are next on to book another cruise. Thanks!

On board credits for present cruise plus the next cruise plus low deposits.

Just fior grins, we booked a future cruise on our last RCCL cruise last February and were put in a raffle and won 300 dollars in on board credits.

This was our 52nd cruise and second with MSC having sailed on the Divina last September.

We take 3 or 4 cruises a year so we are always looking for the best deals and right now you can't beat MSC. Needless to say we went with Bella inside level but we are Black Card due to the Loyalty Match program. MSC just can't do enough for you, 2 cocktail parties, a free meal at Eaterly, chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the cabin along with a bottle of Champagne, a small tote bag and a chocolate Divina. All this plus a 5 star cruise. Food, service and entertainment were all outstanding. We bought the 89 dollar drink package and had 3 unused coupons. Ate dinner in the Villa Rosa, beautiful dining room and better than the Black Crab. I find it strange that some think that the portions are small, first night out I had a huge portion of Rack of Lamb with all other portions a goodly size. Desserts were great, chocolate on MSC is really good.

The only thing I can complain about is the policy of keeping the doors of the dining room open way past the 6:15 time they have printed in the Daily Program.

Passengers were coming in as late as 6:55, when this happens it makes things a lot tougher on the wait staff. Is

Dress code Is not anywhere close to being enforced, we had people in blue jeans and tee shirts on Formal Nights.

I brought up the 2 gripes I had with the Maitr'e D and he was very nice but said they have been instructed not to make and issue with tardiness or dress, they don't want offend passengers but it's OK if we are offended.

I hoping that the new ships will have urinals in the men's rooms.

That being said, we loved everything else and booked 2 more cruises while on board with some perks, going on the Divina again in the Fall and the Seaside in the Fall of 2018.

Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks for the review and yes i hope the new ship has urinals and as far as how people dress in the mdr we could care less because it does not affect our cruise at all.

I buy the package online pre-cruise; no additional taxes or surcharge. $89 total Login on the site and use the Enhance your Cruise tab under your booking, then go into the drink packages. you may have to select to view more items past the all inclusive packs.

Thanks for the review. For the 50th you've got to go all the way for the Royal Suite! That's a monumental achievement and it only happens once in a lifetime!