Harmony Versus Allure New to Royal

Hi, we have Harmony booked and I now see Allure is cheaper not by much and better ports! Almost the same dates. Is there a huge difference with the ships? Should I be second guessing my opinion?

Not a huge difference. Biggest is that Harmony has slides and Allure does not. Shows are different too.

Thanks for the quick response :-) what are the shows on Allure?

Not a huge difference. Room lay out is a bit different. Harmony's balcony rooms are roomier IMO, but not by much. Harmony has the Perfect Storm water slides and the Ultimate Abyss. Allure does not. Harmony has Wonderland, and Allure does not. Harmony has Jaime's kitchen, and Allure has Giovanni's. Allure has a Solarium pool, and Harmony does not. Other than that, I would go with the better Itinerary. I love both ships, and honestly like Mama Mia better than Grease.

Here are some photos of Harmony and Allure I've taken in the last six months. :D

Harmony:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66329094@N08/jV0ygC

Allure:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66329094@N08/L040GT

Not a huge difference. Room lay out is a bit different. Harmony's balcony rooms are roomier IMO, but not by much. Harmony has the Perfect Storm water slides and the Ultimate Abyss. Allure does not. Harmony has Wonderland, and Allure does not. Harmony has Jaime's kitchen, and Allure has Giovanni's. Allure has a Solarium pool, and Harmony does not. Other than that, I would go with the better Itinerary. I love both ships, and honestly like Mama Mia better than Grease.

Here are some photos of Harmony and Allure I've taken in the last six months. :D

Harmony:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66329094@N08/jV0ygC

Allure:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66329094@N08/L040GT

Thank you :-)

Just returned from the harmony this weekend and been on allure 3 times. Depends what's important to you.

Grease vs mama Mia= mama Mia all the way

Headliner is a toss up depending on cruise

Diving shows - both very good

Ice shows both good with a slight edge to harmony

Singers and dancers show = both not very good ( in my opinion).

We will look at allure vs harmony for next oasis class cruise for Caribbean.

Posted by OuterLimits;

Well, let's see! :)

1. Ultimate Abyss slides (shortcut from pool deck to Johnny Rockets haha)
  2. Water slides
  3. Water slides
  4. Cabin design

1. Separate closets rather than that lame combined slider right by the bed
    2. Interior design (Allure is so 90's looking like Freedom-class and Voyager-class)
    3. Built-in USB ports and multiple ports (Allure has a desk-top power strip for 3 US power plugs though, no USB)
    4. Bed-side power plug

[*]"Quantum-class" feel:

1. RFID cards/WOWbands
  2. Cabin interior design mentioned above
  3. Bionic bar (Robot bartender)

[*]Slightly more excited about Grease than Mamma Mia (not a huge difference to me personally)

[*]Water slides

[*]Royal IQ App access (Carnival's on-ship app is awesome. I'm hoping this one is too. No more folded up Cruise Compass in my pocket!)

[*]Finally, water slides. Have I mentioned I love water slides? I loved them on Liberty and NCL had been tempting me, but no longer. The liberty slides were really awesome, especially the boomerang one that I forgot the name of. I absolutely love that you can hop off the water slide and go right to the Solarium hot tub too.