Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

We are joining Meraviglia from Marseille. Hell of a place to fly to from here. Barcelona's a lot easier to get home from. We only booked a couple of days ago and managed to get the last Yacht Club suite by a fluke apparently. We are staying In Marseille for two nights and then Barcelona for two nights. No need to rush at either end. This will be our fifth MSC cruise having been on Opera. Lirica and Orchestra twice. Not done the Yacht Club before but we are Diamond Plus with RCL so expecting something similar or maybe better.

We've cruised from Marseille before, found it easier to go on the Eurostar and TGV, spending the day on the train rather than in airports :)

We've cruised from Marseille before, found it easier to go on the Eurostar and TGV, spending the day on the train rather than in airports :)

We fly from Leeds to Heathrow then Heathrow to Marseille which are 2 short flights but it takes nearly 6 hours to do it. Not too bad really when we live within sight of Leeds Bradford airport. A lot easier to get home. We've been to Marseille a few times on cruises but looking forward to three days there to see more and get a bit further.:cool:

That's not too bad then, but agree frustrating, similar to cruising out of Genoa - we find it better to go to Milan and sort ourselves out flying from Birmingham than traipsing to Gatwick to fly to Genoa.

Marseille is a nice city, spent 2 nights there last July, just after all the troubles with the European cup - beautiful city. I'm sure you will, but research it beforehand - a lot of the museums and that type of thing are open at funny times.

On the cruise we just completed we docked in Marseille and took an excursion to Aix en Provence, the time in the city wasn't long enough for our liking, but time enough to get a feel for the place and have a bottle of excellent local rose wine in the main square :p

Avignon is also within easy reach via the TGV from Marseilles St Charles station, it has some Roman ruins and again is a beautiful place to visit.

Thanks for the link, Priscilla! She's looking fine. Not too long to go , now!!

Are you going to write a review? (Pretty please, lol)

Just saw this Meraviglia video on FB, the Spa has a thermal pool!!!!

I'm so excited [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you going to write a review? (Pretty please, lol)

Just saw this Meraviglia video on FB, the Spa has a thermal pool!!!!

I'm so excited [emoji7]

I don't usually write reviews, but I will post about how we fared on the cruise. Depending on internet access, I'll try to post while onboard, too, though I'm not promising. I may just be too busy immersing myself in the whole experience :D:D:D

Thanks for the link!! There are so many new additions on this ship, I don't think a week will be enough!

Does anyone know when bookings will open up for Miami sailings? I heard this ship was arriving in 2019

We are booked in the Meraviglia in a Royal Deluxe YC suite in April 2018 for an 11 night cruise with our two boys. We don't expect summer temps, but I think the balcony hot tub will be nice even though we aren't hot tub people. We've never been on MSC before. We just returned from a Caribbean cruise on NCL in the Haven Family Suite-2 full bedrooms, living, dining, balcony and 2 bathrooms. The master bath was entirely glass overlooking the ocean. I've read a few Haven vs. YC threads and it seems like a split down the middle? The boys will be on a pull out on MSC, which we are not thrilled about given what we are paying, where on NCL they had their own twin beds in their own bedroom in our suite. Our itinerary is Genoa, Marseille, Barcelona, Cadiz (Seville), Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton (London), Le Havre (Normandy?), and Hamberg. Any port advice welcome. Does the YC menu change nightly? We didn't mind that the Haven menu didn't change. Do people eat in specialty restaurants or just in the YC? My TA said just YC. We did not receive any booking promotions. MSC matched our Hilton Honors status, which reduced our price by 20%. Filling out the form was simple. Looking forward to reading reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I don't usually write reviews, but I will post about how we fared on the cruise. Depending on internet access, I'll try to post while onboard, too, though I'm not promising. I may just be too busy immersing myself in the whole experience :D:D:D

Thanks for the link!! There are so many new additions on this ship, I don't think a week will be enough!

. Following

Thanks for the link, Priscilla. For some reason, the English language section of that website won't load for me when I go directly to it.

Not sure I'm too keen on the Marketplace Buffet colour scheme.

Edited by Beamafar

We didn't mind that the Haven menu didn't change.

Just a quick note. While in the Haven restaurant, you can order food from any open venue on the ship including the specialty restaurants. The "charge" would be as if you ordered in the other restaurant. For example, if you were in the Haven restaurant and wanted wings from O'Sheehan's, the Haven would have sent someone to get the wings for you at no charge (since O'Sheehan's is complimentary and 24hours). If you wanted an entree from Cagney's, the charge would have either been covered by your SDP or charged a la carte (your choice).

If you know in advance that you'd want something from another restaurant, it's better to let the Haven know beforehand. It's easier and the wait won't be as long.

I wish we had known that! We ate in three specialty restaurants and I would have loved to try another entree from Ocean Blue, for example.

Sorry for the hijack but...The Haven restaurant will go out of their way to please. On one review of Escape, a vegetarian didn't have many options one day for lunch so the maître d' arranged for something specially made to be brought up from Food Republic at no charge (even though Food Republic is strictly à la carte.)

back on topic....

Does anyone know when bookings will open up for Miami sailings? I heard this ship was arriving in 2019

I'm also waiting for Miami bookings to open. I'm just starting to look at this ship (tired of waiting for accurate Seaside info) but I learn quickly. :D

Never sailed MSC but willing to book another MSC cruise the instant Miami Meraviglia bookings open...ready to dive right in.

Just info for those who pre-booked the Cirque packages- they were previously saying 'Cocktail with show' or 'dinner with show' but they are now saying 'and show' which confirms the show is included in the price. My booking now also says 'Viaggio' so I have been assigned to one of the two shows. I don't know if Viaggio is the default everyone who has been pre booked has been put on. Tempted to book the other show too...

My booking now also says 'Viaggio' so I have been assigned to one of the two shows. I don't know if Viaggio is the default everyone who has been pre booked has been put on. Tempted to book the other show too...

Where are you seeing the show assignment, Squish? We've pre-booked the dinner & show but I've no info regarding which show we've been allocated. It's a bit presumptuous on MSC's part to make the choice for you, wouldn't you think?

I'd considered doing the second show, too, but don't want to pay out for a cocktail. I have a drinks package and am not interested in paying for the fancy concoction provided with the show that's not available otherwise, nor do I want to pay for another meal. We already have one with the show, plus 2 nights of speciality restaurant dining as Black Card holders. That only leaves 4 other nights to dine in YC restaurant so I think we'll pass.

Edited by Beamafar

Just info for those who pre-booked the Cirque packages- they were previously saying 'Cocktail with show' or 'dinner with show' but they are now saying 'and show' which confirms the show is included in the price. My booking now also says 'Viaggio' so I have been assigned to one of the two shows. I don't know if Viaggio is the default everyone who has been pre booked has been put on. Tempted to book the other show too...

I see indeed both show options in the list of packages to purchase, but on my list of items i pre-booked it does not specify which show. :loudcry:

I see indeed both show options in the list of packages to purchase, but on my list of items i pre-booked it does not specify which show. :loudcry:

It's only allowing me to pre-book Viaggio, now, even though Sonor will have it's first outing while we're still onboard. We embark on June 16 and Sonor's 1st night is June 19. There wasn't a choice when I pre-booked (still isn't LOL) but, of the 2, Viaggio appealed more to us so we won't be disappointed if that's the one we're scheduled to attend. I'm just a bit peeved that MSC seems to be denying me a choice.

Hi guys, when I go into my booking details I see this (whereas before it just said the generic cocktail with show)

Our booking doesn't show up on the website in the way yours does - did you book your cruise online?