Let’s Make Anthem Great Again – Live Thread May 20, 2017

And the day has started... Just like the weather today I'm getting my dark and stormy on.

9a3fd096e99138c45fbec7b008368198.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where is the like button? My favorite drink! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the weather never really improved today, so we decided to just get a taxi to give us a tour for a few hours. The rate was $50/hour and we spent about three hours touring the western end of the island mostly around St. George. We had a great taxi driver, Craig, who was very informative and friendly. Here are some pictures from the day.

This guy was located at the Botanical Gardens where we got out and walked around for about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, it was still a bit early in the season for this place to really be in full bloom.

5b69ad6923f586f35b0a7c2f781e4908.jpg

St. Peter's Church

175f199799e5990a9570218208cecf73.jpg

Unfinished Church

6d6638e82a0ccab2b9800d266671ea7a.jpg

b44e50f5982e382eaab153d3c4fbae85.jpg

25175f1d0c026d0260239e58eff94249.jpg

St. David's Lighthouse

950d79f509dfd109e3828d84a1ad3fe4.jpg

We enjoyed her too last June. She was actually moved to the Sunshine bar in the Solarium which we found out in March and is still on board as far as I know.

She is still here. Receiving my first hit of her wittiness right now. Really pushing me to make my way over to the Snorkel Park club tonight. Apparently she will be there.

303dd11cc191579d830e4d4a185f340a.jpg

My FAVORITE BARTENDER IN THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN WORLD is still on the Anthem!!!!!! Suzy Q making me my favorite drink!!!!

Suzy Q ftw!!! I was on Anthem's inaugural trip to Bermuda last year and she made Music Hall the place to be.

Loved your Navigator review, happy to be able to follow along live this time! You guys look like my kind of cruisers, here's hoping I cross paths with you at the bar one day.

The boys are up early to head to Abbots Cliffs for some jumping. Wish us luck.

Some early morning photos.

Good luck and have a blast. The pics are gorgeous!

Also just want you to know that your review has triggered the itch and I'm now stalking a 9-nighter on Anthem next summer to Bermuda/Caribbean. This is all your fault. :')

The boys are up early to head to Abbots Cliffs for some jumping. Wish us luck.

Some early morning photos.

c6db3a5e96c3dbed7898bcf0902d076e.jpg

This was the exact view for me for a good chunk of my March Anthem Cruise. Sitting right in front of Michael's Pub having a Dogfish 90 minute.

Loving your review again:D. Making me miss the Anthem all over again :(

And another good chunk of my time was getting drinks from Jelena at the Sunshine bar in the Solarium.

dp

Hi Rick,

Thanks for a great review and pictures so far. You are helping with my research for a family cruise hopefully sometime 2018/2019. I will be taking my 4 children (ages 30-40) and their spouses. Since three of my kids have cruised the last 4 or 5 years on Freedom class ships with the 70000 tons of metal (a theme cruise with lots of heavy metal bands playing throughout the day) they wanted to try a different class Royal ship. I am looking at Oasis and Quantum classes first.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Gail

I would say 11 AM would be the absolute most risk I would be willing to take and that's assuming you are planning to walk off with your luggage. The airport is very close to Cape Liberty and on a Saturday morning traffic will be very minimal.

We were a Group 5 disembark on Anthem last Saturday. We hit the airport about 10:00 - we took a taxi direct to the airport. Traffic was not too bad and security line was prompt. But about 10 minutes after we sat in the waiting area, the terminal got busy - so it's an ebb and flow.

What we did notice that was unusual for us, the great majority of the ship is not dashing off to the airport like most Florida sailings, so you are doing a bit of a zig while the rest of the crowd is zagging.

I hope that helps a little...

Edited by euphscott

I am treating my daughter and her family to an Anthem cruise on June 3rd. She asked me if there was a charge for plain seltzer. I've been on the ship 9 times, but don't drink seltzer. Could someone tell me if there is a charge, she is trying to decide whether to get the soda package, which I would think would include seltzer? (I also posted this on the other live review) Thanks

Alright yesterday was a very strange day capped by a very drunken night. So let's just start over again.

Rocking and rolling on our way to Bermuda, but at least the sun is somewhat out!

cd3dd9be814a65691c9b4886cd729d19.jpg

Why is the ship listing so badly?