Quest Dry Dock?

bradtarga34

Just wondering what other visible work that us passengers would notice has been done whilst Quest was in for dry-dock? Obviously the R2/ TK Grill has been the most obvious, but I believe new carpets and beds as well were mentioned. Has any of the balcony or patio grill furniture been replaced as well as I know they changed the patio grill furniture a wee while ago and it wasn't as comfy as the previous furniture. Just curious :)

Just wondering what other visible work that us passengers would notice has been done whilst Quest was in for dry-dock? Obviously the R2/ TK Grill has been the most obvious, but I believe new carpets and beds as well were mentioned. Has any of the balcony or patio grill furniture been replaced as well as I know they changed the patio grill furniture a wee while ago and it wasn't as comfy as the previous furniture. Just curious :)

Quest had new balcony furniture in July last year:)

• 10 months later...

On the subject of dry docks and changes that are done, here is what I just received from Seabourn Guest Services today about the conversions from the 2 remaining Restaurant 2 restaurants:

"The conversion of R2 into The Grill by Thomas Keller will take place on the Odyssey in May of 2017 and on the Sojourn in December of 2017."

Happy and healthy sailing!

Are there any photographs around of the new TK Grill on the Quest? Looks like Odyssey will have been 'transformed' when we board in the summer so I am interested to see the change. Also, will she have been treated to new beds and carpets too?

Update: just found some photos on their blog - drop your steak on that carpet and you will never see it again ;)

Many thanks

Are there any photographs around of the new TK Grill on the Quest? Looks like Odyssey will have been 'transformed' when we board in the summer so I am interested to see the change. Also, will she have been treated to new beds and carpets too?

Update: just found some photos on their blog - drop your steak on that carpet and you will never see it again ;)

Many thanks

Hey Techno, glad you found the photos.

I saw the Seabourn photos/design imaginings of the TK Grill before I boarded Quest in October. When I saw the space in reality, I think the photos don't actually do it justice. I was very pleasantly surprised by it. The bar/entrance is very nicely done too. There again, although I enjoyed the food in R2 I never did care for the decor so anything would be an improvement for me ;)

I'll be interested to know your thoughts after you've seen the Grill on Odyssey later this year.

(Tried to post this reply earlier but it didn't post for some reason, hoping it doesn't now post twice! )

Many thanks, Isklaar - definitely not very Hygge (;)) but hopefully, as you say, the reality is better than the photos. I too found R2 a little claustrophobic so looking forward to trying out the new Grill - just hope it is one of the TK hit nights rather than misses!

Many thanks, Isklaar - definitely not very Hygge (;)) but hopefully, as you say, the reality is better than the photos. I too found R2 a little claustrophobic so looking forward to trying out the new Grill - just hope it is one of the TK hit nights rather than misses!

;p Hygge :cool: I'm actually practising my best Hygge techniques at home today well just blankets and candles actually - not too far from you here in north west England - it's quite cool and rainy.

I found the food pretty good in the Grill after huge disappointment as an Odyssey Guinea Pig in 2015. I ate there four times during a two week cruise and I think that was enough as the choice is fairly limited. Great service in there also.

The sun is desperately trying to peak through the black clouds at the moment as we sit here watching United beat Chelsea :D:D on the TV. Might have to join you under the blanket.

When you say guinea pig was that when they were trialling TK?

Many thanks SKP946 - all the leather definitely gives it a very different look to R2. I am looking forward to trying it and hoping that by July, the TK offerings will be more consistent than what has been reported to date.

The TK grill certainly looks the part! Still to be convinced by the TK dishes overall, though did have a great seafood dish in the main DR off the TK menu. Didn't fancy the TK 'jeans and share' type offering in the Colonnade. My question is, and apologies if this has been mentioned before else where, do we know exactly when Odyssey in due into dry dock for her touch up and TK grill fit? The net is not helping me in finding this info out!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok great. Looking at the website two possibilities come to mind. The first is after the transatlantic in early May, the second is on the 24th. Seems less likely as that is more peak and covers the Monaco GP. Either way it will be great to have the new grill and some updates in June.

The sun is desperately trying to peak through the black clouds at the moment as we sit here watching United beat Chelsea :D:D on the TV. Might have to join you under the blanket.

When you say guinea pig was that when they were trialling TK?

Sorry for delay, I Hygge-d myself offline for a couple of days. ;p

Yes, it was the Odyssey Christmas Panama Canal cruise in 2015. I'd hoped the initial TK trials would have settled down by the time we boarded but we were still very much guinea pigs at that point. On Quest in October I was much happier with the TK offerings in MDR and though The Grill was good, although after dining there 4 times in a fortnight I started to find the menu quite limited.

• 2 weeks later...
The TK grill certainly looks the part! Still to be convinced by the TK dishes overall, though did have a great seafood dish in the main DR off the TK menu. Didn't fancy the TK 'jeans and share' type offering in the Colonnade. My question is, and apologies if this has been mentioned before else where, do we know exactly when Odyssey in due into dry dock for her touch up and TK grill fit? The net is not helping me in finding this info out!

Looks like Odyssey is docked in Genoa since April 29, likely going through it's refresh "dry dock". This is assuming MarineTraffic.com is correct. If there is anyone joining the ship on May 7, please let us know what she looks like.

Odyssey sailed from Monte Carlo to Genoa Saturday afternoon after all pax disembarked. We were told in addition to TK retrofit, that communications are being upgraded so WiFi should improve (certainly was better now than in years past). Over 500 contractors will be on-board just to give an idea of the amount of effort.

Odyssey sailed from Monte Carlo to Genoa Saturday afternoon after all pax disembarked. We were told in addition to TK retrofit, that communications are being upgraded so WiFi should improve (certainly was better now than in years past). Over 500 contractors will be on-board just to give an idea of the amount of effort.

Thanks for the update. It is a full 7 day dry dock which explains why there are so many contractors involved. Assuming they are also doing some soft goods update as well? Anyone joining the ship in Monte Carlo tomorrow please let us know what she looks like.

Boarded Odyssey yesterday in Monte Carlo. She looks great all nice and crisp new white paint and carpeting pretty much throughout the ship. Some other changes to flooring in some areas. Was told there were 1000 working 24:7 during dry dock. Still some touch ups going on. TK Grill not open yet. Training and testing. May open before Barcelona. Hope so. Haven't seen a menu yet. Some TK offerings in Colonnade tomorrow night. A few service glitches. Some new faces after dry dock but not a big deal. Some decline in quality of included wines since last on Seabourn but with help from wine server have found very acceptable wines.

Getting excited. Nine and a half ish weeks to go so don't make her messy.

Is Jean Paul (JP) still working in the Colonnade? We were teaching him some Welsh last July so would be good to see how he is getting on ;)

Can anyone on the Odyssey confirm that the TK Grill is open? I managed to make a reservation on-line for my wife and me on our September 23 cruise. I'm still interested if anyone has a menu he or she could post.:confused: