Best Tours? New Orleans

SherriM

We are cruising out of NOLA on the NCL Dawn 2/5/17 but arriving a few days early to check out New Orleans. Which tours are the best to get a good overview of the city? We are not too keen on Voodoo type tours.

Thank you in advance!

If you're staying in or around the French Quarter you can see much of New Orleans on your own. Walk around Jackson Square, tour the French Market, visit St. Louis Cathedral, stop for beignets at Cafe du Monde. If you're interested in food, take a culinary tour. We really enjoyed our tour with New Orleans Culinary History Tours. If you're interested in history, a visit to the World War II museum is worthwhile. We took a taxi. A swamp tour is a lot of fun, too. It'll take up the better part of a day. Take a streetcar to the Garden District. Walk through the cemetery, check out the amazing homes in the area. There's more to do than you'll have time for. Check Trip Advisor for these and many, many more ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gray Line does some very good bus tours of the city. The one caveat is that they tend to be on big busses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, do they have any tours that pick up at the dock after the cruise, take a tour and drop off at the airport?

A swamp tour is a lot of fun, too. It'll take up the better part of a day.

Thank you - sounds very do-able! Is there a particular swamp tour that is better than others?

We'll need to look into the Grayline too. Want to consider all of our options.

We are staying at the Roosevelt.

We took Dr. Wagner's Honey Island Swamp Tour but I no longer see it listed on Trip Advisor. There are several others that get good reviews. I wouldn't recommend an airboat tour though. They are VERY loud. You probably won't see alligators this time of year but the swamp is interesting either way. Any of the tour companies should pick up and drop off at your hotel. Also, check Eric "Big E" Airport Transportation Service on Trip Advisor. They might pick up at the cruise dock, take you on a city tour, and drop you off at the airport.

We took Dr. Wagner's Honey Island Swamp Tour but I no longer see it listed on Trip Advisor. There are several others that get good reviews. I wouldn't recommend an airboat tour though. They are VERY loud. You probably won't see alligators this time of year but the swamp is interesting either way. Any of the tour companies should pick up and drop off at your hotel. Also, check Eric "Big E" Airport Transportation Service on Trip Advisor. They might pick up at the cruise dock, take you on a city tour, and drop you off at the airport.

Thanks for the additional input. Post cruise we will be making a beeline to the airport as we have a fairly early flight back to San Diego. So our siteseeing will be Thursday-Saturday prior to boarding.

Found this on TripAdvisor. THANKS!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g40435-d1166085-Reviews-Dr_Wagner_s_Honey_Island_Swamp_Tours-Slidell_Louisiana.html?m=19904

Edited by SherriM
More info found