Are everybody Black card members?

joern

When reading the posts in this forum it seems like everybody are black card members. I understand that you all wants all the privileges you can get, even if you haven't cruised with MSC before. I would do the same, but frankly, I feel like MSC treat the rest of us as second rank customers.

I can live without a free meal and priority boarding, but my loyalty to MSC is gone. This is just our second cruise and because we were very pleased with MSC from the first one we booked with them again. Next time I will go for best price and itenary instead of only booking with MSC.

Does all lines match status or is it only when you reach black card status or equally?

Currently a gold card member, will be half way between gold and black after my forthcoming cruise.

I understand what you mean that status match can seem a bit disappointing when you have been loyal. I have cruised with other lines but don't have many points with any others as I prefer MSC.

To be honest, looking at the benefits of black card, I'm not fussed about the extra perks. It would be nicer and seem fairer if the status match applied only to the first cruise rather than being permanent, just to get people to try MSC, then start from classic

It is absurd knowing that someone on their first MSC cruise as a black card holder is getting the same benefits as someone who has earned it!

I really agree with this. I'm status matched to Black from Latitudes (NCL) Platinum. I Think that it's wrong but since they have that system I see no reason not to take advantage of it.

Since we will be in the YC we won't benefit much from it but it's still nice to be Platinum on NCL and Black on MSC!

I'm a Black card member since 2011 and it took me five cruises to get there. Everything was great until last year when most all of the Black privileges were removed and the status match program began. Hopefully MSC will finally institute the new category beyond Black which might give the old timers with many thousand points a few more benefits.

I'm a Black card member since 2011 and it took me five cruises to get there. Everything was great until last year when most all of the Black privileges were removed and the status match program began. Hopefully MSC will finally institute the new category beyond Black which might give the old timers with many thousand points a few more benefits.

amen to that

pete

[quote name=1fifthavenue;52087996

It would be nicer and seem fairer if the status match applied only to the first cruise rather than being permanent' date=' just to get people to try MSC, then start from classic[/quote]

With the status match, you only stay the level they match you to for a limited time if you do not continue to cruise with them. Right off the top of my head I can't remember the time though.

Edited by dd likes to cruise

With the status match, you only stay the level they match you to for a limited time if you do not continue to cruise with them. Right off the top of my head I can't remember the time though.

it's 3 years and is the same for everybody status match or REAL black card holders.

To be fair that was the rule when the club first started, the BIG thing we lost to let any Tom, Dick or Harry have a black card is the 20% discount on any cruise.

In fact I've still got a cruise this Sept for which I got a 20% discount, but I've had to wait 2 years 7 months for it and for them to build the ship

Pete

In fact I've still got a cruise this Sept for which I got a 20% discount, but I've had to wait 2 years 7 months for it and for them to build the ship

Pete

Yeah, those freakin' slackers! :D

To answer the OPs question: I am not a black card holder, but I'm bringing a sharpie.

I'm one of those who benefited from status match to black. Here's the deal....I never would have tried MSC if it wasn't for the Black Status match.

So, given there seems to be quite a fw who took advantage of the status match (probably not nearly as many as is being protrayed given the limited sample size here), we helped keep the prices more reasonable by expanding MSC's customer base.

I view it as a "win-win" for everyone as a result.

I'm one of those who benefited from status match to black. Here's the deal....I never would have tried MSC if it wasn't for the Black Status match.

So, given there seems to be quite a fw who took advantage of the status match (probably not nearly as many as is being protrayed given the limited sample size here), we helped keep the prices more reasonable by expanding MSC's customer base.

Agree!

And we are just on the last day of our second MSC cruise as black and we are planning our next one for next year and as soon as it's on sale the one to Alaska!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It kind of depends how much you paid, and if they could have sold that cabin to someone else for the same price without having to give them all the Black Card perks.

It's mostly a win for you. It's a gamble for MSC, and could easily turn out to be a loss. (I'm not talking about their investment in you in particular, but about the Status Match program as a whole.) And it's easy to understand why some old MSC customers see it as a slap in the face.

It kind of depends how much you paid, and if they could have sold that cabin to someone else for the same price without having to give them all the Black Card perks.

It's mostly a win for you. It's a gamble for MSC, and could easily turn out to be a loss. (I'm not talking about their investment in you in particular, but about the Status Match program as a whole.) And it's easy to understand why some old MSC customers see it as a slap in the face.

Well...it's a win for MSC, too. I'm getting ready to book my 2nd cruise with them as a result of status match. I would not have given MSC a 2nd look if it weren't for the status match. Now, they've lured me in for (at least) two cruises, probably more. So, it's a win for them and me.

One of my favorite quotes...."if you don't like where you're at (or what you're doing), move (change). You're not a tree."

That applies here. If status match is so upsetting, there are plenty of other cruise lines vying for your money. But, if you like the MSC product, what difference does it make if they do a status match?

Well...it's a win for MSC, too. I'm getting ready to book my 2nd cruise with them as a result of status match. I would not have given MSC a 2nd look if it weren't for the status match. Now, they've lured me in for (at least) two cruises, probably more. So, it's a win for them and me.

One of my favorite quotes...."if you don't like where you're at (or what you're doing), move (change). You're not a tree."

That applies here. If status match is so upsetting, there are plenty of other cruise lines vying for your money. But, if you like the MSC product, what difference does it make if they do a status match?

For the benefit of the status match people

tHis what the real black card holders gave up in perks

1) 20% discount on any cruise; replaced by 5% for all members

2) A bottle of Moet and Chandon for each black card holder in a cabin; replaced by 1 bottle of prosecco per cabin

3) A sit down meal with the officers; replaced with a cocktail gathering

4) A meal in a speciality diner from the full menu 25% discount on drinks in the venue; replaced by a taster menu and no drink discount

5) 10% discount on excursions

6) other small discounts on a variety of spend items

what do we get in return a CHOCOLATE SHIP and queues in the priority boarding lanes.

still think its a win-win for all?

Expanding the customer base gives rise to price increases as more people are after the same number of berths. what will keep prices down is the increase in the size of the fleet ie more berths.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here's the deal....I never would have tried MSC if it wasn't for the Black Status match.

Was the status match really that important for you? I think that it's very rare to feel so strong about the status match.

We have status matched but if they did not status matched, we should still have booked MSC.

I really understand that many loyal MSCcruisers are pissed! I should consider to try something else if I had earned the Black status the hard way.

Edited by sverigecruiser

"I would not have given MSC a 2nd look if it weren't for the status match."

And therein lies the answer, you were not interested in MSC just a freebie! whereas those Loyal to MSC who worked their way to the top tier did so because they wanted to cruise with them.