Can babies use the pools on Thomson ships?

Babies can use the family pool on Thomsons but must wear waterproof nappies they must not use the jacuzzis and are not allowed in the 'adult pool only' obviously

My niece invested in these nappies as her baby was very comfortable in and under the water on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago

On Discovery last July the main pool had to be emptied because a baby had done its business in there. The captain was not impressed and made a point that non toilet trained children were not allowed in any of the pools. however it did not stop a young couple taking a baby into the glass house pool.:mad:

Hi Babybump09

I vaguely remember seeing a mini pool on one of the decks of a Thomson ship. This was solely for the use of parents to take toddlers/babies and had a security gate to enter. It was not fully visible to passengers but could be seen when going downstairs between decks at the back of the ship. Perhaps others might remember seeing this and what ship it was.

Skioncruiser the ship is Majesty which has a kids pool in the kids club

There is a kids pool at the back of Spirit, Celebration and Dream next to the large family pool - see deck plans

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 Western Caribbean & Central America

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 Western Caribbean Panama & Cuba

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

Edited by Vitalsign

Skioncruiser the ship is Majesty which has a kids pool in the kids club

There is a kids pool at the back of Spirit, Celebration and Dream next to the large family pool - see deck plans

Hi Vitalsign

Yes I have seen those pools but the one I am referring to was at the back of the ship in an enclosed area away from the rest of the passengers. It may even have been part of a deck which was normally used by crew only at certain times of the day.

I remember commenting that it was good they had somewhere secure for the little ones away from all the hustle and bustle. Not that it was really any concern of mine as we have long passed including young ones on holiday and avoid them like the plague as some parents seem to have no control over their "little darlings". This was well displayed on Majesty in the hot tubs where, as well as being underage to be in them, they were filling pint glasses with tub water, putting it in their mouths, then spitting it out over each other, and passengers passing with food from the buffet, while the parents watched from the sidelines. Surprised Noro wasn't rife.:eek:

Edited by skioncruises

Deck 9 on Majesty has a kids pool outside the kids club which can only be accessed from the kids club as stated above

No other Thomson ship has a segregated kids pool like this Th only other ones I've seen have been on OV and OV2

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 Western Caribbean & Central America

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 Western Caribbean Panama & Cuba

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

Deck 9 on Majesty has a kids pool outside the kids club which can only be accessed from the kids club as stated above

No other Thomson ship has a segregated kids pool like this Th only other ones I've seen have been on OV and OV2

Hi Vitalsign

You jogged my memory. Since 1989 the majority of our cruises have been with Thomson but we were on OV in 2003, not long after she had come into service. Regretfully it was not a cruise to write home about so had discounted the fact it could have been that ship but it may well have been where I saw the secluded area. Wherever, I thought it was a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just wondering if babies can use the swimming pools on Thomson ships as I know some cruise lines do not permit non potty trained children in the pools.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, just interested to know if you have travelled yet? And if so, what was the outcome of them being allowed in? We have just booked for July 2017 and my 1 year old will not be happy if he can't go in the pool (he gets so excited at the sight of water!); and nor will I if he can't! I can only assume the people against children in pools never use a public swimming pool :o

It specifies in the life onboard brochure found in the cabin that babies in nappies are not allowed in the pools.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

The worrying follow up to that would be that irresponsible parents would take it at face value and put babies in the pool with nothing on, and ignore contamination issues.

It specifies in the life onboard brochure found in the cabin that babies in nappies are not allowed in the pools.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I'm really disappointed as they're​ supposed to be "family friendly" cruises. I don't see how it's any different to any other swimming pool eg in a hotel. But thanks for the information.

:mad::loudcry:

I'm really disappointed as they're​ supposed to be "family friendly" cruises. I don't see how it's any different to any other swimming pool eg in a hotel. But thanks for the information.

:mad::loudcry:

Surely by making such rules they are acting responsibly, and protecting all family members from bathing in contaminated water.

A hotel is no different and should have appropriate measures in place.

I've just had a reply from Thomson's, in case anyone else is wondering...

Please note that for health and safety reasons we do request that all infants wear swim nappies however infants are allowed to enjoy a swim while on board.

Kind Regards

I don't think I would want a baby of mine in one of the pools. I once saw a rather large lady in the main pool on Majesty. As she was sat there, the water around her went a very delicate shade of gold.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think I would want a baby of mine in one of the pools. I once saw a rather large lady in the main pool on Majesty. As she was sat there, the water around her went a very delicate shade of gold.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haha. My little one in a swim nappy would be far more hygienic and safer for others than some incontinent people would be! :p