I'm so confused - pre-existing conditions & look back period

Shmoo here

Being treated with medications for high blood pressure is a pre-existing condition when you booked your trip.

Looking back in your medical records for the past XX days to see if your condition required a change in medications is the look back period.

Being treated with medications for high blood pressure is a pre-existing condition when you booked your trip.

Looking back in your medical records for the past XX days to see if your condition required a change in medications is the look back period.

So, if I've have no changes, I'd be covered for anything that happens that may be related to that condition?

So, if I've have no changes, I'd be covered for anything that happens that may be related to that condition?

On some plans, yes. On others, no. You need to read the plan's details and ask the insurer if you have any questions. Do not make the mistake of thinking that what applies to one insurer will apply to another

On Princess and one other company can't remember (need to look it up - his name is Steve) and they all said if one person has diabeties for example and they've been to the dr and there was a change in their medication and something happens while traveling due to diabeties, then that person isn't covered and they also said if my mom who just turned 90 last week (who isn't going w/ us) and she dies say from a stroke (she's had a few mini strokes in the last month and has been in/out of the hospital) is not covered. I would think a death that close in relation would be covered. I'm begining to think we need insurance for "cancel for any reason - which is high" or if something happened to my sister who is a diabetic and something happens, insurance will not cover, it's so stressful, i need to purchase insurance by march 13 and can't seem to find a good one any ideas

On Princess and one other company can't remember (need to look it up - his name is Steve) and they all said if one person has diabeties for example and they've been to the dr and there was a change in their medication and something happens while traveling due to diabeties, then that person isn't covered and they also said if my mom who just turned 90 last week (who isn't going w/ us) and she dies say from a stroke (she's had a few mini strokes in the last month and has been in/out of the hospital) is not covered. I would think a death that close in relation would be covered. I'm begining to think we need insurance for "cancel for any reason - which is high" or if something happened to my sister who is a diabetic and something happens, insurance will not cover, it's so stressful, i need to purchase insurance by march 13 and can't seem to find a good one any ideas

Steve at The Insurance Store...he's the owner and so helpful as is his entire staff.

Steve at The Insurance Store...he's the owner and so helpful as is his entire staff.

That's right, I'm gonna get insurance as I always do, but it seems like w/ my sister's problem and my mom being old, that the insurance doesn't cover them. If something bad happens, So I guess it they break their leg, etc it is covered, hummmm

That's right, I'm gonna get insurance as I always do, but it seems like w/ my sister's problem and my mom being old, that the insurance doesn't cover them. If something bad happens, So I guess it they break their leg, etc it is covered, hummmm

What you need to do is speak to a broker - like Steve - and get the coverage you need. It's available, and not just CFAR. Some policies do not apply look back or Pre Existing condition limits to non-traveling family members, so that would cover your Mom. And some policies cover preexisting conditions without a lookback if you purchase by final payment date, so that could cover your sister. Please speak to a knowledgeable broker and get a policy that covers your needs.