8 Reasons Oceania Is the Cruise Line for You

LauraS

The second reason Oceania gives is: You want to try a small ship without paying luxury price tags. So even they are saying Oceania is not a luxury line yet CC insists on including it in the luxury board.

IMO, Oceania's newer ships are as close to luxury as you can get without actually being luxury. I believe that the CEO has referred to Oceania as luxury lite and that fits. Some of the "staterooms" are way too small to be considered luxury - and luxury cruise lines do not have inside cabins. There are a few other things that make Oceania less than luxury but, IMO, the service, food in specialty restaurants and the two newer ships are luxury.

While the drinks are measured, tiny and expensive, the $21 glass of champagne must have been very high end. Most of the drinks are in the $10-12 range (plus 18% gratuity). There are wine and/or alcohol packages available that include gratuity and work well for those of us who like to sit in a lounge and have a cocktail or have wine with dinner (better than sitting in your cabin with a bottle that you brought onboard which many Oceania cruisers do).

Luxury is not always about hardware, it's more about software. I would never sail Oceania in anything less than a PH. Then add to that, tips, alcohol, internet and I am paying more than on luxury lines and getting less. jmo. I still think CC needs a completely separate board for "luxury lite" or "deluxe" whatever you want to call it.

Luxury is not always about hardware, it's more about software. I would never sail Oceania in anything less than a PH. Then add to that, tips, alcohol, internet and I am paying more than on luxury lines and getting less. jmo. I still think CC needs a completely separate board for "luxury lite" or "deluxe" whatever you want to call it.

i did it twice in a PH

it lacks finesse ... the canapés are really very poor ( and i agree the daily caviar on most cruise ships is history )

on my second : i had a small injury with blood on the bed linnen 3 days prior to disembarkation - despite i requested it twice no replacements.