Steakhouse on carnival cruise

DES07

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Silly question.. do we tip at the steakhouse like we would on land?

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

A silly question? No. Lots of thoughts and discussion about tipping in the specialty restaurants on all ships on Cruise Critic.

The majority seem to believe/know that the charge one pays include the gratuity. Some believe that an additional gratuity is warranted if the experience and service meets/exceeds your expectations.

Personally, sometimes I do; sometimes I don't. I would prefer to offer some small gratuity. But, if the experience and service does not meet my expectations, then I don't.

• 11 months later...
Can someone tell me where to find a menu for the steakhouse in carnival sunshine. Also, do you feel the steakhouse is worth it. We have been on a few cruises but never tried one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Forums mobile app

Yes, the steakhouse is worth it, I have been there 2 years ago on the Sunshine and I am going again in Sept 2018. You can fine the menu online line under the specialties steakhouse.

Silly question.. do we tip at the steakhouse like we would on land?

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

I just made a reservation request for the steakhouse on the Pride and it listed the waitstaff gratuity as part of what was included in the $35 cost. It also said that you are welcome to extend an additional gratuity for exceptional service.

So you probably wouldn't tip like you would on land, but are welcome to give some extra. I'm assuming there will be a line to add gratuity on your receipt from the sail & sign card, but would probably bring some cash just in case. We did a specialty dinner on Regal Princess last year and were never brought anything to sign.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This is an older thread, so some of the information is outdated here.  The cost of Carnival Steakhouse is now $38 per person (possibly a lower price option for a child's menu).  Gratuity might not be included anymore, you would need to check when ordering and review your receipt (it may be added automatically like drink purchases).

The Steakhouse (and other specialty restaurants) are different than the main dining room.  Some specialty restaurants (Seafood Shack, Bonzai Sushi) are a la carte pricing and you pay for each item ordered.  The Steakhouse is a fixed price meal (currently $38 per adult) and includes: an amuse bouche (small bite); breads; choice of appetizer and soup or salad (some will allow 2 soups/salads or 2 appetizers), one entree with choice of sides (you can likely have multiple sides), one dessert.  If you choose Art of the Table everyone in your party shares that dessert, otherwise each person can order their own separate dessert.

When we went last year the portions were generous and higher quality than MDR so you probably wouldn't need multiple items.  If we were curious about multiple items I would get one and my husband would get the other and we would share.

30 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

This is an older thread, so some of the information is outdated here.  The cost of Carnival Steakhouse is now $38 per person (possibly a lower price option for a child's menu).  Gratuity might not be included anymore, you would need to check when ordering and review your receipt (it may be added automatically like drink purchases).

The Steakhouse (and other specialty restaurants) are different than the main dining room.  Some specialty restaurants (Seafood Shack, Bonzai Sushi) are a la carte pricing and you pay for each item ordered.  The Steakhouse is a fixed price meal (currently $38 per adult) and includes: an amuse bouche (small bite); breads; choice of appetizer and soup or salad (some will allow 2 soups/salads or 2 appetizers), one entree with choice of sides (you can likely have multiple sides), one dessert.  If you choose Art of the Table everyone in your party shares that dessert, otherwise each person can order their own separate dessert.

When we went last year the portions were generous and higher quality than MDR so you probably wouldn't need multiple items.  If we were curious about multiple items I would get one and my husband would get the other and we would share.

Thanks for the info. I think we might give it a try!  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The steakhouse is one of the things I'm looking forward to most on my upcoming cruise! I tried it once before when we sailed on Carnival Magic and I had the best steak I ever had there...sadly, it was my boyfriend's steak, the spice-rubbed ribeye, and I only got to have one bite. Mine was delicious too, but that ribeye was something else. I've been fantasizing about ordering it for myself this time around, but the new addition of the wagyu is *very* tempting. We might just have to go twice this year.