Luggage valet anybody

I used it a year ago on Allure I think it was $20. Can't remember if I went to guest services for the form or if it came to my room but it was awesome well worth the $20 not to have to worry about claiming any bags you just walk off go through customs and you see your bags when you get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody used this service, how do I get it and what is the cost anybody know?

It's $25 per person now and you will get a form in your stateroon around halfway through the cruise.

Used it last week, the best part was not worrying about the weight! We used it on Celebrity in February and they even advertise the fact that they do not weigh the luggage. My daughters suitcase had a heavy tag on it and weighed 61 lbs. She does tend to over pack! It is so totally worth it. Luggage is a hassle and this is one way of not having to worry about it! Also download Mobile Passport, another time saver if you are coming into Port Everglades.

Was on the Allure some weeks back. There was an option to register for Luggage Valet on the t.v. interface. I did. Went back & made sure. At the end of the week, the system had lost our reservations and it was too late to get in.

Do the paper form, even if you also register via the t.v. interface. It is a sweet program (when it works!!!) and well worth the price. Luggage goes outside stateroom last night, 'POOF,' disappears until you arrive at your home airport.

Odds are you'd be tipping porters and such trying to get your checked baggage moved around the terminal and airport anyway, so you can deduct what you'd probably tip from that $25 per person Luggage Valet charge.

Richard.

We used this program in december definitely worth the cost. No worries about over weight luggage.

They check you in and print boarding passes which worked out really well since we were at the airport several hours before our flight and we were able to go through security instead of waiting a couple hours before we could check bags and then go through security.

We would use this again this year but we are staying an extra night before flying home. Have a great cruise. :)

Are flights flying into Canada qualified for this? And do you pay for luggage with your airline at all? Or does the luggage valet cover all of it?

You still have to pay for applicable airline luggage fees in addition to the valet fee.

You still have to pay for applicable airline luggage fees in addition to the valet fee.

Thank you

Do you pay the luggage fees through luggage valet or do you do that through the airline when you check in?

Are flights flying into Canada qualified for this? And do you pay for luggage with your airline at all? Or does the luggage valet cover all of it?

International flights are included, with exceptions.

Here is a sample LV form from Freedom at Port Everglades:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52458638&postcount=71

Other ports might have different restrictions.

Thank you

Do you pay the luggage fees through luggage valet or do you do that through the airline when you check in?

It's charged to your shipboard account. So it could show up after you close out your account. We had an overweight bag and the fee was charged to my CC almost a week later. No big deal but it took me a little research to figure out why the late charge.

We used the TV to book ours on the Allure in November. Also, don't miss the deadline, which I recall was around noon mid-week, as they won't even budge if you miss it by even 20 minutes.

The 25 dollars per person I assume is for one bag. So, if two people in the same cabin share one suitcase, will it be 25 dollars? Also, when and how do you gat the boarding pass ? What about carryons when you gat to customs ? Sorry for all the questions, but leaving in two weeks and this sounds great....thanks !:)

The 25 dollars per person I assume is for one bag. So, if two people in the same cabin share one suitcase, will it be 25 dollars? Also, when and how do you gat the boarding pass ? What about carryons when you gat to customs ? Sorry for all the questions, but leaving in two weeks and this sounds great....thanks !:)

Yes, you can get by with one bag and one LV fee. Or two bags for one person if you use Southwest. Boarding passes are sent to your stateroom on the last evening. Don't understand the carry-on question?

International flights are included, with exceptions.

Here is a sample LV form from Freedom at Port Everglades:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52458638&postcount=71

Other ports might have different restrictions.

Thanks Bob. Doesnt look like Air Canada is included during that sailing. Hopefully its available on our Anthem sailing.

It's charged to your shipboard account. So it could show up after you close out your account. We had an overweight bag and the fee was charged to my CC almost a week later. No big deal but it took me a little research to figure out why the late charge.

We used the TV to book ours on the Allure in November. Also, don't miss the deadline, which I recall was around noon mid-week, as they won't even budge if you miss it by even 20 minutes.

I have a bad habit to do things last minute so I"ll keep in mind to do it early on and not miss the deadline lol :halo: Thank you for the tips

We used the service on our Harmony cruise last week. There were 4 of us with one large bag each. We flew Southwest so we were able to check all 4 bags through Luggage Vallet but only paid for 2. Royal printed 2 of the boarding passes and all I needed to do was go to the DL and print the other 2. I wouldn't be so sure about not having to pay the overweight limit fee. Just because someone got away with it doesn't mean they won't check the luggage weight. Service was flawless. We even had a stopover and a plane change on the way home and our luggage was one of the first off the plane.

Thank you I will go to guest services and get it, my flight is not until 5pm, so it be perfect as I am going to meet family at a restaurant close to the airport.

I have used it several times on other RCCL ships. It is currently $25 per person. Check with RCCL as there are only certain airlines and also ports that you can use it.

We've used it a few times now, and will continue to do so as long as we can. Make sure you look at your boarding passes before you get in line for security. It happened the first time we used it that they had both boarding passes in DH's name and nothing for me. We never bothered to look and went straight to the security line. Had to go back to the ticketing counter to get a new boarding pass printed. Same thing happened at Disney World, so just a stupid mistake.

It's never happened again, although we do check the passes when we get them.

Does anyone know if American out of Miami participates?

We used the service on our Harmony cruise last week. There were 4 of us with one large bag each. We flew Southwest so we were able to check all 4 bags through Luggage Vallet but only paid for 2. Royal printed 2 of the boarding passes and all I needed to do was go to the DL and print the other 2. I wouldn't be so sure about not having to pay the overweight limit fee. Just because someone got away with it doesn't mean they won't check the luggage weight. Service was flawless. We even had a stopover and a plane change on the way home and our luggage was one of the first off the plane.

What do you mean you only paid for two? Why didnt they just print all your boarding passes for you?

What do you mean you only paid for two? Why didnt they just print all your boarding passes for you?

Southwest has two free bags per person. So put all four bags with those two people and then pay for two Luggage Valet. If you want to pay an extra $50 for two more boarding passes and spread the bags over four people you can, but it is cheaper to print them the way debitoo did.

You can do the same thing for two people traveling with two bags - pay for one Luggage Valet and have ship generate one boarding pass. Other person gets their own another way. Most airlines you can just print a boarding pass at the airport. Southwest doesn't use seat reservations, so that is a whole different issue.