Cruise ticket? Luggage tags?

Redtravel

Since the MyWindstar is not displaying my upcoming cruises, will I get some paperwork verifying that I am sailing? In the past, I could check online and do post info through the Windstar website. I can log on. My past cruises are listed. My upcoming cruises are no listed. It says that I have no future reservations. Will the cruise line send me luggage tags and tickets? Or can I just show up on the appointed day and board the ship?

Just show up. They stopped sending tags to us a few years ago. They meet us at luggage drop off, ask for cabin number and put the tags on. We've never been asked for a ticket but have your reservation printed and with you. We have had to show that to port security a couple of times lately to get into secure area for boarding. Our upcoming cruises are not showing nor the past ones which did show a month ago!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh. Forgot to add that last fall we received their emails about 4 weeks before with reminders of date and what to bring like hats and suntan lotion. We got these for our b2b in Europe and for another itinerary that we were not booked on. They come from different departments.

About a month before our recent cruise, we received the Windstar zippered pouch with tickets, paper luggage tags for use at embarkation, and the nice heavy luggage tags to truly use on your luggage.

We used to get those when we used a TA.

About a month before our recent cruise, we received the Windstar zippered pouch with tickets, paper luggage tags for use at embarkation, and the nice heavy luggage tags to truly use on your luggage.

Yes, I also received the same package about a month before my March cruise, including tags etc so WS is definitely sending them out. Although when boarding no one asked to see the actual cruise ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm afraid you do if you are not in the US! WS won't even post you a brochure unless you live in the USA. I'm a bit sad that my favourite cruise line is the only line who will not do this. They are wonderful once you are onboard, but otherwise make you feel that if you are not living in the USA they are not interested in you.

I'm afraid you do if you are not in the US! WS won't even post you a brochure unless you live in the USA. I'm a bit sad that my favourite cruise line is the only line who will not do this. They are wonderful once you are onboard, but otherwise make you feel that if you are not living in the USA they are not interested in you.

I think this is a big part about why they originally failed in Asia (after the triplets went online). We had one Australian couple on board (that I know of) and they were beyond mystified. Australia should be a huge market for Asian itins, and they said there was zero marketing, they only found out since the read a random newspaper article about the purchase of the ships, and had to arm wrestle with WS to get a booking - they said it almost brought their TA to her knees. They were totally unequipped to deal with a non-US based booking.

That's the way its been our last two or three cruises which is why I suggested you bring your reservation. I think it was San Juan (not sure) where we had to show something to be allowed to enter the port. The tags themselves take just a minute to fill in and there are no long lines. Honestly they emailed tags to me at one point and they were ridiculous to print and then protect with packing tape so you're better off just waiting until you are ready to either board or drop off luggage.

I agree, there continues to be a huge disconnect from the experience on the ships and central office. I am a huge fan and there is a reason for my 20th coming up, the ship experience is beyond perfect for us but central office is perplexing why so good on sea and no so in Seattle.

1. 1st Tahiti cruise the one Australian never heard of WS line, he got to the ship by a funny error no marketing back then in Tahiti, hope it improved.

2 our Swedish friends 4 th timers I do all their booking because it is so frustrating from Sweden ie., never getting return emails for one and they are fluent in English.

3. Wait times on the phone why can't they just do what AA does " we will call you back in 15 minutes " and do it almost to the second.

4 Example our 5/17 cruise moving the port from Taromina to Messina due to the G7 totally understandable, however never showing anymore tours, but keps mentioning Taromina, I told them that my contact said due to security Taromina quite possiblly will be closed, 4 weeks out no tours, no info etc. I wrote to WS again to ask no answer. I know Sicily well, Taromina is what to see in that area, my sister and Swedish friends would like to see it, no news.

5. End of Jan. I was told that the alumni page would be fixed in a few weeks, according to WS's site I have no history with them ( 19 completed cruises ) and no future cruises ( I have 3)

I thought they were fixing things in central office but there seems to be a lull in that department.

Being an old salt with WS and just adoring the exoerience this first line communication in Seattle must be causing empty cabins in some way.

Still very excited for May. Happy Sailing all.

We got our tags, tickets and information in the blue pouches about three weeks before our cruise. I've never needed the actual tickets to show while checking in, but agree I have needed them to enter some ports to get to the ship.

Just talked to Windstar rep and as far as she knows, they are not currently sending out packets, tickets, luggage tags etc for our May 1 cruise. Other rep said he had no idea what they were doing regarding those neat blue canvas pouches we used to get. Lousy communication. The least they could do is to tell upcoming cruises not to expect the packets. Love the line but communication within the company as well as with customers is a serious problem.

One week sales are great but the increased interest should be supported by an expanded in house service staff. That has not happened.

I'm on a cruise next week and received nothing via post and minimal info via email. In fact, I'm waiting on new tickets since my cabin changed...seems like they really do need help with their back office processes. My first Windstar cruise and I'm looking forward to it, but I agree with the other posts here that this isn't the best first impression.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on a cruise next week and received nothing via post and minimal info via email. In fact, I'm waiting on new tickets since my cabin changed...seems like they really do need help with their back office processes. My first Windstar cruise and I'm looking forward to it, but I agree with the other posts here that this isn't the best first impression.

If your cabin changed you likely will not get new tickets. I did not. But just bring the email or whatever document you have that notes the new cabin number.

Just talked to Windstar rep and as far as she knows, they are not currently sending out packets, tickets, luggage tags etc for our May 1 cruise. Other rep said he had no idea what they were doing regarding those neat blue canvas pouches we used to get. Lousy communication. The least they could do is to tell upcoming cruises not to expect the packets. Love the line but communication within the company as well as with customers is a serious problem.

One week sales are great but the increased interest should be supported by an expanded in house service staff. That has not happened.

Quite true. If it were not for the great onboard experience and the hardworking crew, Windstar would be losing a lot of business by now. Lets hope the new management from Seabourn can pull it all together and put it right. As for those nice Canvas pouches - they must weigh nothing at all to post and I for one would find them really useful!

Yes, their Seattle office continues to have such poor communication. I just spent 15 min on hold because their new system does not allow me to book an excursion and indicates that you must call to do this.So after 15 minutes, it abruptly cut me off and suggested I leave a message. Frustrating! From working with their office several times in the past, I have will not trust this to a call back.

I always use a travel agent for Windstar, as I have zero confidence in going through their office. There is no listing for my upcoming cruise, in 3 weeks, in the 'My Windstar' section. Although I have my cruise documents and booking number from my travel agent, I cannot book anything on line.

That said, once I am on the cruise (this will be our 6th Windstar cruise!) I know it will be wonderful!!

I sail in 2 weeks. I tried calling WS and after waiting on hold too long, gave up. Called My TA who did get through to WS. WS sent him a document stating our cruise. It has our names, cabin #, itinerary, and embarkation/debarkation info. No address where to find the embarkation port. TA called WS again for the address. This experience is completely different from my last WS cruise in July 2016. At least I know where to board the ship.

If your cabin changed you likely will not get new tickets. I did not. But just bring the email or whatever document you have that notes the new cabin number.

My travel agent obtained the new tickets today. I think it's somewhat strange that any of us would think not having accurate tickets is acceptable.