Cabin Noise on Balmoral and how to avoid?

Eglesbrech

We are about to book for 2018 and as I have not been on the Balmoral before I am looking for advice. Having read a few reviews / blogs that suggest some of the cabins are a bit noisy can anyone suggest the best cabin area to pick to avoid this?

We are looking at an inside but don't mind which grade if we can avoid the noise.

Any assistance appreciated.:)

We are about to book for 2018 and as I have not been on the Balmoral before I am looking for advice. Having read a few reviews / blogs that suggest some of the cabins are a bit noisy can anyone suggest the best cabin area to pick to avoid this?

We are looking at an inside but don't mind which grade if we can avoid the noise.

Any assistance appreciated.:)

We have been in 4156 inside (I) and 4146 outside (E), both in Coral deck 4 and were great, no noise at all, very peaceful

It is a good idea to skip cabins in the back say third of the ship (especially the ones further back), as you can get quite a bit of noise and vibration. That is the same for all Fred's ships as they are quite old.

Regards noise from other parts of the ship, we always look for cabins above, cabins below and cabins to either side. At the least though, make sure you look at the plan of the ship and do not find yourself near noisy locations. Open deck above you can be noisy because of movement of sun beds and chairs - especially early morning when the staff are laying them out.

It's always a good idea to call the reservation number and ask them what is available. They have to make you aware of there have been any previous complaints on a certain room. Generally speaking though, it is always best to go for a mid ship position.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums