Star Pride

beachboat

We were on Pride in November/December. Nice ship. Well maintained. The Windstar website should give you a list of the excursions for that sailing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WE were on the Pride Dec. 15. Never again... We had been on 5 other cruises with Windstar and this was the worst... the engine was so noisy that you could not enjoy eating at the outdoor venue... we had to operate on fewer engines than they had... something was wrong... communication was non-existent... We requested a room change since we were where the anchor was being used... very noisy... we did this as soon as we got on board... remember... we are frequent windstar guests. I went to reception and was told that the ship was FULL... I was lied to my face. They ship had plenty of open cabins... then I was told that I could come back after 6pm and they would see what they could do... I did that and was told that they still did not have any rooms...WHAT? THEN I asked to speak to a supervisor... after some back and forth they changed our room... this is not the Windstar we know and love... the first evening we went to the dining room to be there early.. there is a particusar table we like... it is quieter... when we entered we told the head of the dining room where we would like to sit... he said " I make those decisions"...not a good first day... The next week this ship went aground and people had to be off loaded to other ships and sent them home. Reading the posts on various boards they were not treated very well... so this is not the experience one usually has on a Windstar cruise. We leave next week on our next Windstar cruise... we have been trying different line but wanted to give Windstar one last chance... we'll see what happens. BUT.... I would NEVER take the Pride again... even now we are having issues with windstar. Just received our final documents yesterday... 13 days prior to the cruise... there are exclamation marks next to our names with no explanation... when I tried to go on-line there is no information... I called and was on hold for 1/2 hour... I timed it... I gave up... I'll have to try again today.. I am afraid the Windstar of old is gone... I know they have down on staff and apparently corporate is no better...Sorry to be so negative... this used to be a great company.. Good Luck if you do the Pride.

Post difficult to read with all the ellipsis. I am surprised after that horrendous experience, you are sailing on Wind Star again.

The Wind Pride's grounding was in 2015; your post makes it sound as if it was this last December.

Don't think exclamation points after your name have any meaning.

WE were on the Pride Dec. 15. Never again... We had been on 5 other cruises with Windstar and this was the worst... the engine was so noisy that you could not enjoy eating at the outdoor venue... we had to operate on fewer engines than they had... something was wrong... communication was non-existent... We requested a room change since we were where the anchor was being used... very noisy... we did this as soon as we got on board... remember... we are frequent windstar guests. I went to reception and was told that the ship was FULL... I was lied to my face. They ship had plenty of open cabins... then I was told that I could come back after 6pm and they would see what they could do... I did that and was told that they still did not have any rooms...WHAT? THEN I asked to speak to a supervisor... after some back and forth they changed our room... this is not the Windstar we know and love... the first evening we went to the dining room to be there early.. there is a particusar table we like... it is quieter... when we entered we told the head of the dining room where we would like to sit... he said " I make those decisions"...not a good first day... The next week this ship went aground and people had to be off loaded to other ships and sent them home. Reading the posts on various boards they were not treated very well... so this is not the experience one usually has on a Windstar cruise. We leave next week on our next Windstar cruise... we have been trying different line but wanted to give Windstar one last chance... we'll see what happens. BUT.... I would NEVER take the Pride again... even now we are having issues with windstar. Just received our final documents yesterday... 13 days prior to the cruise... there are exclamation marks next to our names with no explanation... when I tried to go on-line there is no information... I called and was on hold for 1/2 hour... I timed it... I gave up... I'll have to try again today.. I am afraid the Windstar of old is gone... I know they have down on staff and apparently corporate is no better...Sorry to be so negative... this used to be a great company.. Good Luck if you do the Pride.

After the unfortunate mishap of the Pride hitting an unmarked reef she went in for repairs and an overhaul to the tune of 4.5 million dollars. That was a year and a half ago, not December of 2016 but in 2015. We were on her in 2016 and she is in wonderful condition with a crew that was one of the best we have had the pleasure of meeting. I am surprised you are giving it another go as you sound very bitter. If you go looking for bad I'm sure you'll find it. We go looking for good and generally find great.

The exclamation marks next to names on the cruise documents are because they don't have your passport info. Normally you would have entered that on My Windstar. Since that isn't functioning, you can call to give the info.

When I called, there was a message that there might be a long wait due to high call volumes, but it was picked up almost immediately.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Actually the part of My Windstar where you enter personal information is still working. Its under "My Personal Information" and all of the tabs are active. It's only voyages, past, present and future that don't work.

We had already booked to cruise on the Star Pride, Venice to Athens, August 2016, when we read the posts and threads relating to the unfortunate reef-incident December 2015.

Following that, the ship was out of commission until April 2016 undergoing repairs and further refurbishments scheduled after her purchase from Seabourn.

We were slightly anxious to say the least. :confused:

We need not have worried!

Having sailed previously on the Wind Surf and the Wind Star, I don't think we could give up the experience of the roomy staterooms . . . . . one can hardly refer to them as 'cabins' as they are so comfortable and larger than the sailing ships' cabins.

She looked very smart and sleek.

The new public areas are beautifully done.

The staterooms are newly-refurbished (although some of the marble bathrooms are dated but, in marble with twin hand basins!) and the walk-in wardrobe is an added bonus.

We loved the small balcony and being able to have the doors open.

We loved the staff and their polite friendliness.

We loved the dining experiences.

We loved the Star Pride so much, we have booked virtually the same room for the Rome to Barcelona cruise in May 2017!

Whatever problems the Windstar site is having, the crew on the ship will make up for it, I'm sure.

Bon voyage! :)

P.S. We asked to move cabin on the Wind Star due to the excessive engine noise outside our aft cabin on Deck 1.

I'm not seeing very many posts on this ship? Has anyone sailed on Star Pride? I also want to know what excursions are offered on the June 4, 2017 sailing from Lisbon to Dublin?

Sailed on Star Pride, Rome to Venice (via Croatia) in August 2016. A near flawless experience (you will find my full review in the Cruise Critic reviews).

We have sailed on at least 5 other cruise lines, some higher level than Windstar, and the Windstar experience is the "benchmark" we will forever work from in the future. While the sailing yachts and the motor yachts are truly different experiences the "all suite" configuration of the motor yachts really gets your attention.

My wife now considers Windstar not only her first choice for cruising; it is her first choice for any vacation being considered. People expecting a lot of evening entertainment, may need to consider a different choice. But when looking for a small luxury hotel, at sea; where the hospitality of both the crew and your fellow travelers is truly key, sail on Windstar. And the 2015-16 refurbishment on the Star Pride was well done.

PS: Have some cookies in the Yacht Club for me!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Pride (Lisbon to Barcelona 4/21-29). First time with Windstar and we loved it! Nothing to worry about on this ship. Service excellent. Staff friendly and helpful. Food delicious and varied. The ship's clean and in good repair. We did several port excursions and all were well organized and timely. The included excursion/discovery event provided by Windstar was very well done and entertaining!. The cabins are spacious and comfortable. Initially, disappointed there were no balcony rooms left by the time we booked, however, we were perfectly happy with the ocean view room. The picture window is huge and for photo ops, we simply went up to the deck. Used the savings for other things. As a new customer of Windstar, I was concerned that we had no communication with them between the time the cruise was booked and with just one week to go before sailing, getting our final confirmation via email. There was no online access through My Yacht which meant everything being done by phone (adding excursions, on board services, etc). Although calling each time was time consuming, customer service reps were helpful and consistent with the info and we had no issues with our cruise details being in order.

Edited by Jemicruiser

Hi Jemicruiser,

I will be on this sailing at the end of May, Barcelona to Lisbon.

Do you have any suggestions on ports visited or tours that

you enjoyed?

Any other tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jemicruiser,

I will be on this sailing at the end of May, Barcelona to Lisbon.

Do you have any suggestions on ports visited or tours that

you enjoyed?

Any other tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Have you checked the postings on the Star Pride roll call . . . . . or whichever ship is doing this cruise?

(Sometimes, they swap the ships around.)

Also, I look back at past reviews on the review board and read what has been written about ports visited.

I think there may be another board about different ports.

We finish our cruise in Barcelona . . . . . . the day you begin!

Have fun!

Jnj

:)