"My Silversea" Web Interface - Why so cumbersome to print???

su-arizona

The "My Activities' section of the 'My Silversea" web interface is nicely formatted, and a handy way to quickly look over my itinerary.

But...Why is it impossible to simply PRINT it?

Silversea - are you listening? Some of us still like to have a printed page to carry along!

The "My Activities' section of the 'My Silversea" web interface is nicely formatted, and a handy way to quickly look over my itinerary.

Silversea - are you listening? Some of us still like to have a printed page to carry along!

That should be a very simple fix and a small bit of coding to add a print.css file onto the site to tell the browser what to show when printing. Quite an abortion what theyve done!

But until they sort it....... One option that may work for you.... Use the PrtSC key (Print screen) which will copy whats visible onto the screen and allow you to paste into paint (or any image editing software) so you can crop and print what you need.

Worth a try... it might be all you need, albeit a long winded way of achieving it.

That should be a very simple fix and a small bit of coding to add a print.css file onto the site to tell the browser what to show when printing. Quite an abortion what theyve done!
As much as I enjoy cruising with SS, their corporate technical ability leaves A LOT to be desired. I still can't get over how bad the MySilversea booking engine is in this day and age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all have hit one of my hot buttons. I suggested the ship print it and put it in your room when you board. As you know it's not visible on their website after you board.

I don't like the format at all when you select print for your itinerary on My Silversea.

I have a work around by selecting sideways on my monitor and selecting the nice color itinerary with a selection and saving it as a JEPEG. I then print it and post it on the wall of our cabin. Marking the days and using it to remind us about shore excursions and dinner reservations.

The last three times I had it on a thumb drive and asked the reception desk to print it for me. Trying to show them how valuable this itinerary is for their guests.

As much as I enjoy cruising with SS, their corporate technical ability leaves A LOT to be desired. I still can't get over how bad the MySilversea booking engine is in this day and age.

On board the Wind in March, the Cruise Consultant EVERY DAY had to get their IT guy to log him in. I made a booking as we were disembarking and he was having a good moan about it!

Funnily, on board, the WiFi and internet were the best Ive had on a Silversea ship, though it seems the cruise after there was a big down turn and we were trialists in a new Satellite system. It worked well.... its now gone!

Thanks for the condolences...I did use the print screen hack, but I hoped maybe if I put a request in CC Silversea might be inspired to make it 'simple'. Sigh.

It honestly is a very easy thing for their web designers to do to add a print.css file. God knows why they havent particulary as mentioned, "my.silversea" and the cruise you are on, info, disappears once onbaord! (Not the wisest move IMHO.)

• 2 weeks later...
Silver seas menus

Not sure what you're asking?

If it's asking if the menus are available somewhere to print, I don't think they are, though occasionally CC members do post a photo of the menus.

Perhaps you are using a different type of computer, but on my Personal Computer just above the "Click Here To Reserve Now" is a picture of a printer and "Print" . It formats and prints just fine.

Jim

Perhaps you are using a different type of computer, but on my Personal Computer just above the "Click Here To Reserve Now" is a picture of a printer and "Print" . It formats and prints just fine.

Jim

Interesting. It would appear they've read the thread and finally fixed it.

Well done OP for bringing it to Silversea's attention.

Yes, using the 'print' function does print a list of your reservations. What I was requesting was that it print the daily calendar as formatted on the screen. The nicely formatted screen also shows the port, embark/debark times as well as dining (and presumably shore and spa, though I haven't booked any yet). It is a handy way to graphically view your entire itinerary by date and time in a short concise format. I also hand write my independently booked activities in the same calendar...which I print using the "print screen hack".:(