Majestic Princess

Well here we go again. We have booked on the Majestic Princess for September 2018. Yes I know it's a long way to go but it will go fast I am sure.

Got a very price and will be trying out the Medallion Class, providing it is available. Have been told that it is available.

Leaving Sydney 15th September for 12 days to the South Pacific.

I booked on this one too as it seemed the best value for money for a round trip from Sydney and we have been to most of the ports that the Majestic is visting so it was more about the ship than the itinerary.

We're booked on the Tassie cruise. I managed to score one of the largest of the extended balcony cabins on Dolphin deck, where the small bump out bits are.

We thought about that one, but apparently I'm banned from booking anything for a while.😜😳

We thought about that one, but apparently I'm banned from booking anything for a while.😜😳

You could always claim the cruise fairy booked it. ;p :D

It's only a short cruise ...:evilsmile:

We're booked on the Tassie cruise. I managed to score one of the largest of the extended balcony cabins on Dolphin deck, where the small bump out bits are.

We booked the Tassie cruise too:D

Only have a week spare that year after a friends birthday cruise on Explorer.......and we booked Aria Singapore/Sydney.......so Chez n Andy go P&O after a 7 year break!!!

So this 6 nighter is perfect for a taste of Majestic to see if it is a ship we would do a repositioning on, also that it docks in Port Arthur as last time we drove there from Hobart.

This also leaves on a Sunday and returns Saturday, great for us and being able to spend some time in Sydney on the weekend:)

We were planning on booking an inside. but the obstruced balconies on Emerald deck, were $50 more!!

Got one that isnt even obstructed, just looks down on Promenade deck ( I checked on the website that has photos of the ships and cabins that passengers have taken.......that I don't think I can mention here:rolleyes:)

OZkiwiJJ, you may be above us!!

So this 6 nighter is perfect for a taste of Majestic to see if it is a ship we would do a repositioning on, also that it docks in Port Arthur as last time we drove there from Hobart.

This is the bit we are going to be watching with interest after doing Port Arthur on the Emerald. It was a pain with 3000pax I am sure it will be so much smoother with 3500 ;p

This is the bit we are going to be watching with interest after doing Port Arthur on the Emerald. It was a pain with 3000pax I am sure it will be so much smoother with 3500 ;p

:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Thats the reason we think the big ships are not our style of cruising.

We thought the Emerald was way to many passengers for the facilities, reason we like Diamond/Sapphire.

Lets hope we are all surprised and amazed;p

We are happy to stay on the ship for 6 days haha!! Maybe the Black card will come in handy:')

The other issue is 3,000 extra people at Port Arthur, the admin there don't like it when they have a ship of 2,000 in at Easter (which is their big time).

The other issue is 3,000 extra people at Port Arthur, the admin there don't like it when they have a ship of 2,000 in at Easter (which is their big time).

Really? They don't like it?

Wonder why they allow the large ships to tender there?

We have only been there once so certainly no experts......perhaps we will have a ship day;)

Really? They don't like it?

Wonder why they allow the large ships to tender there?

We have only been there once so certainly no experts......perhaps we will have a ship day;)

It's really about timing at Port Arthur, the biggest problem with Emerald was there was a downpour that had everyone trying to tender back out at the same time. We just sat under cover till the lines lessened then went back.

I understand the Carnival pay them a LOT of money each year to visit, I guess that's why they let them dictate when they come and what ships.

It's really about timing at Port Arthur, the biggest problem with Emerald was there was a downpour that had everyone trying to tender back out at the same time. We just sat under cover till the lines lessened then went back.

I understand the Carnival pay them a LOT of money each year to visit, I guess that's why they let them dictate when they come and what ships.

Well we will just go with the flow, see how things work out, thats how we usually cruise.

Such a beautiful place, we would be happy to stay on the ship and take in the scenery.

Hopefully the repositioning and the first couple of cruises out of OZ will iron out any issues the ship and staff have re Menus and changing over to AUD etc;)

We booked the Tassie cruise too:D

We were planning on booking an inside. but the obstruced balconies on Emerald deck, were $50 more!!

Got one that isnt even obstructed, just looks down on Promenade deck ( I checked on the website that has photos of the ships and cabins that passengers have taken.......that I don't think I can mention here:rolleyes:)

OZkiwiJJ, you may be above us!!

We've booked D424. The biggest angled BA balcony on the port side. We're going on Royal Princess in September, in a regular balcony cabin, so I thought it would be interesting to see how one of those extended balconies compared.

We've booked D424. The biggest angled BA balcony on the port side. We're going on Royal Princess in September, in a regular balcony cabin, so I thought it would be interesting to see how one of those extended balconies compared.

We have E433, starboard.

$50 more p/p than the cheapest inside!

Look forward to your take on the Royal:)

Well here we go again. We have booked on the Majestic Princess for September 2018. Yes I know it's a long way to go but it will go fast I am sure.

Got a very price and will be trying out the Medallion Class, providing it is available. Have been told that it is available.

Leaving Sydney 15th September for 12 days to the South Pacific.

we booked this cruise also, hope they don't do away with the AIBP if it is a medallion cruise.

We have E433, starboard.

$50 more p/p than the cheapest inside!

Look forward to your take on the Royal:)

Very close, but on the other side. :D

I'm hoping Royal won't be too big. So far the biggest ship we've been on is Celebrity Solstice. But Royal was the only Princess choice offering a three week Med cruise in September. We looked at doing B2B on Celebrity but the Princess itinerary was slightly more attractive, plus Princess departs from Barcelona, a bucket list destination. The Celebrity cruises used Civitavecchia, and we've been to Rome a couple of times.

Since we are doing the Royal cruise I'm curious to see the difference between the two ships. The real downside of Majestic, for us, is that they have removed the Sanctuary. We spend a lot of time in the Sanctuary. Princess balcony furniture isn't all that comfortable IMHO so we usually don't book balconies, we book insides and spend some of the savings on the Sanctuary. However I think that change will be ideal for NZ cruises where the weather is more variable and often cooler. We've been cruising with Celebrity for NZ and the Sky Lounge on Solstice is wonderful. I think the Majestic Observatory will work as well.

Very close, but on the other side. :D

I'm hoping Royal won't be too big. So far the biggest ship we've been on is Celebrity Solstice. But Royal was the only Princess choice offering a three week Med cruise in September. We looked at doing B2B on Celebrity but the Princess itinerary was slightly more attractive, plus Princess departs from Barcelona, a bucket list destination. The Celebrity cruises used Civitavecchia, and we've been to Rome a couple of times.

Since we are doing the Royal cruise I'm curious to see the difference between the two ships. The real downside of Majestic, for us, is that they have removed the Sanctuary. We spend a lot of time in the Sanctuary. Princess balcony furniture isn't all that comfortable IMHO so we usually don't book balconies, we book insides and spend some of the savings on the Sanctuary. However I think that change will be ideal for NZ cruises where the weather is more variable and often cooler. We've been cruising with Celebrity for NZ and the Sky Lounge on Solstice is wonderful. I think the Majestic Observatory will work as well.

Love the Solstice, a beautiful ship!

Do you think the Hollywood Conservatory would become the Sanctuary while in Australia?

On a video I watched, it looked like it is partitioned off. It was someones very very long Youtube vid.....but was very detailed.

Agree re the balconies and furniture, have had one on Solstice and on Sapphire Princess, wasn't used much due to the uncomfortable chairs.

Love the Solstice, a beautiful ship!

Do you think the Hollywood Conservatory would become the Sanctuary while in Australia?

On a video I watched, it looked like it is partitioned off. It was someones very very long Youtube vid.....but was very detailed.

Agree re the balconies and furniture, have had one on Solstice and on Sapphire Princess, wasn't used much due to the uncomfortable chairs.

I doubt it. From what I've read the Conservatory is totally enclosed so is, in reality, another lounge. Why would you pay extra for that? Anyway very few people used the Sanctuary on cruises I've been on, it isn't that popular in our region. That's one of the reasons we love it, so peaceful.

Solstice balcony furniture is far more comfortable than Princess and the balconies are a decent size. Plus with the drinks package as a perk the balcony cabins on Solstice are more affordable than on Princess.

We have booked a balcony on Royal since it's the Med with lots of ports, and we'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We probably won't use it for long periods of time but it will be nice to pop outside in the mornings, and again in the late afternoons before changing for dinner. I'm hoping to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on our anniversary but it's a changeover day - that cruise is also sold as two shorter ones - so may not be able to. If we can't we'll do it on my birthday and go to a speciality restaurant on our anniversary.

Hi OzKiwi and also CheznAndy,

I'll be really interested in your feedback from these cabins. I've booked the 2nd march 2019 Auckland to Sydney (such a long time to wait!) in E425 which from the website I think you are referring to is a similar cabin to the ones that you've both booked (also not obstructed if my research is correct). I'm so excited, first time on Princess and first time in a balcony!!!!!

If either of you have a moment can you look on the plans at the cabin number I've booked and tell me your thoughts, thanks so much :)

Hi OzKiwi and also CheznAndy,

I'll be really interested in your feedback from these cabins. I've booked the 2nd march 2019 Auckland to Sydney (such a long time to wait!) in E425 which from the website I think you are referring to is a similar cabin to the ones that you've both booked (also not obstructed if my research is correct). I'm so excited, first time on Princess and first time in a balcony!!!!!

If either of you have a moment can you look on the plans at the cabin number I've booked and tell me your thoughts, thanks so much :)

The only "obstruction" is probably a view of a section of the Promenade Deck below, in other words you may not be able to look straight down the side of the ship to the sea, but you will have unobstructed views out to sea and an extended balcony. It should be a nice cabin.

Remind me closer to November 2018 about feedback. ;) I've got a lot of other cruises booked between now and then. :D