NOLA Hotels

Msmojo66

We are flying into New Orleans the day before our cruise, which happens to be next Easter. Hotels and town seem to be very busy, so think I need to get hotel taken care of now!! Never been and wont have a whole lot of time but looking for suggestions for a great hotel that we might get to see a few things while there. Traveling with us will be our daughter (10) and my mom (81). Because of age, will probably taxi, etc to port regardless of how close hotel is.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Michelle

We are flying into New Orleans the day before our cruise, which happens to be next Easter. Hotels and town seem to be very busy, so think I need to get hotel taken care of now!! Never been and wont have a whole lot of time but looking for suggestions for a great hotel that we might get to see a few things while there. Traveling with us will be our daughter (10) and my mom (81). Because of age, will probably taxi, etc to port regardless of how close hotel is.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Michelle

We stayed at the Hilton Riverside. It's adjacent to the riverwalk mall and the french quarter. There are streetcars nearby and a steady supply of cabs if you need. Taxi to the Carnival port was 8 dollars per person, you can walk through the mall but it's closed on Easter and there is a big staircase at the end.