Special event disappeared

Pudgesmom

We are on the Windsurf, June 8, Barcelona to Lisbon. The special shore excursion listed for Tangier when we booked has mysteriously disappeared. We did not receive notification, and I can't find any information on the website.

I found one other thread about this for a differrent cruise. Does anyone know what's up here? Have they just quietly discontinued this program?

We do have a private tour for this port, but were considering returning for that event in the evening.

Anyone know what's going on?

Sorry to read this thread. Does the "special excursion" you mention refer to what Windstar calls their "Destination Discovery Events"? We were on Star Pride last June doing Venice to Rome. Our destination discovery event was a splendid evening in an outdoor amphitheater overlooking Dubrovnik watching local performers put on a great show, all after a very nice cocktail event. I see on the Windstar website they still list all the events for 2017. We are on Star Legend's May 16th sailing from Venice to Athens and will supposedly have an event in Katakolon on the Magna Grecia Farm. If that disappears we will be MUCH more than disappointed. I must say I don't see an event listed in Tangier. Hope it works out for you.

I suppose that was the name- as it's gone now, I'm not sure. Last summer, on the Star Legend, there was a concert in Bergen at a special small concert venue. This was the free shore excursion type I'm referring to.

• 2 weeks later...

Your Destination Discovery Event is in Tangier, which is in a Muslim country. May 26 - June 24, 2017 is the holy month of Ramadan (falls on different days each year), when everyone fasts from sunrise to sunset, so the local people who normally host that event may not be available to work. That's my first guess as to why it was cancelled. See this review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=538789