dining attire ?

hlsess

This is our first time on Silversea- what is attire in the Grill and La Terrazza? We go to Le Champagne one night and I know it is the dressiest- so coat/tie and nice dress .. what about the others? jeans ok in The restaurant?

From the SS website. Hope this answers your questions.

Clothing Suggestions – Shipboard Attire

Shipboard attire ranges from casual to formal. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime aboard ship or ashore and consists of standard sports outfits as worn at five-star resorts. Shoes should be flat or low heeled for deck activities. Evening attire falls into three categories: casual, informal and formal. On casual evenings, pants, blouses, skirts and casual dresses for ladies; open-neck shirts and slacks for gentlemen are appropriate. On informal evenings, ladies usually wear dresses or pantsuits; gentlemen wear jackets (tie optional). Appropriate formal evening wear for ladies is an evening gown or cocktail dress; gentlemen wear tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits. Tie is required.

On formal nights, guests may dine in La Terrazza and choose to dress informal; dresses or pantsuits for ladies, jackets for gentlemen (tie optional). This option also applies to Seishin and Stars on board Silver Spirit. Dining at The Grill is optional casual

all nights. Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all public spaces, however, jacket is required. Sailings of 9 days or less typically feature 1 formal night, while longer voyages usually have 2-3 formal nights. Details will be provided in your final cruise documents, but the chart below provides a basic guideline to assist in packing the proper attire.

Please note: On 7 day sailings in the Baltic, Mediterranean and

Alaska, formal night is always optional; guests may choose to

dress informal, a jacket is required for gentlemen.

Evening Dress Code*

Number of

Cruise DaysFormalInformalCasual

*This information is for your guidance only and is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeans are not okay in the main dining room or La Terrazza on any evening. You can get away with them at the Grill (Hot Rocks) but probably would want to dress up for Stars or Seshin (on the Spirit).

As you have figured out, Alaska is much more casual than other destinations. After many trips on the Shadow to Alaska, we have seen jeans on the last night as people wear their travel clothes as bags have probably been packed. When coming down from Anchorage, the luggage will be in your suite when you get on the ship. We have definitely seen jeans at the grill at night however it is frowned upon through the rest of the ship.

I wonder if Antartica is more casual as well. I have no problem with evening gowns on normal cruises but am thinking that we will be packing much more cold weather gear than normal. Already bought our insulated boots to wear when we go ashore via zodiac.

I wonder if Antartica is more casual as well. I have no problem with evening gowns on normal cruises but am thinking that we will be packing much more cold weather gear than normal. Already bought our insulated boots to wear when we go ashore via zodiac.

On Explorer, there is really only one restaurant for dinner. We have been onboard many times, and I have never seen a ball gown or tux. I realize that you are on Cloud, with more dining options, but I don't think formal dress will be needed on an expedition cruise.

We are hoping to book Cloud for Antarctica in 2019. I will pack for evening the same as if I were on Explorer in a cold climate. Some velvet slacks, several fancy tops, a couple of cocktail dresses. My husband maybe will bring a sports coat, but no tie.

I am going on my first Silveseas cruise in 90 days:D......I saw when I booked that Silverseas has formal nights and that is ok with me. I don't own long formal gowns but I do own dressy pants and pretty tops and I am planning to wear them on formal night. I think I will be dressed appropriately.

As for the Caribbean, I think formal nights on Silverseas is part of their "dress code" and no, I am not trying to start a ------

match about it:eek:. Just saying what I saw on their website.

What about the Caribbean cruises? Are there formal nights? Or is the dress code more relaxed?
On our Caribbean cruise this winter, we enjoyed all three dress codes at night on the Spirit; Casual (2), Informal (4), and Formal (1).

thanks so much for the info- didn't realize a jacket needed to be worn after dinner on ship... I am packing my daughter for our late June trip so I packed dresses and pants/sweaters/tops/shoes for night time and a raincoat and another coat-she will bring her daywear and clothes if it is warmer..

thanks so much for the info- didn't realize a jacket needed to be worn after dinner on ship... I am packing my daughter for our late June trip so I packed dresses and pants/sweaters/tops/shoes for night time and a raincoat and another coat-she will bring her daywear and clothes if it is warmer..

The jacket is for men on formal nights and informal nights. Not for women and not on casual nights.

I would just go with the recommended guidelines.

On selected nights if it is a formal you can go to those specialty restaurants where formal attire is not required.

On most recent Silver Spirit cruise last January that is what we did so we didn't bring formal attire.

Keith

Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all public spaces, however, jacket is required

this is what is posted above- after dinner men must wear jacket to go to bars, shows etc..

Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all public spaces, however, jacket is required

this is what is posted above- after dinner men must wear jacket to go to bars, shows etc..

On formal night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Silversea you can always get dinner served ("course by course" or all at once) in your cabin and wear anything you want. After a long day of sightseeing, my husband and I chose dinner in the room a few times.