Damage to suitcase following recent cruise

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me. At the end of my Thomson Cruise back in March I disembarked the ship to find that the wheel of my suitcase had been detached during its movement from the ship to the dockside.

The two cruise ship staff I spoke to were very helpful and completed a claim form for me and advised that I needed to contact Thomson After Travel Services on my return to the UK.

In response to my initial email I was given details of how to contact Damaged Luggage (a third party company that deals with claims on behalf of a number of airlines in respect of luggage that has been damaged in transit) however this was where the problems started, they ONLY deal with damage that occurred during a flight and my suitcase was damaged whilst at the cruise port.

Thomson have been less than helpful in assisting me and the latest email from them simply states that I needed to complete relevant claim paperwork at the airport. At no point did any of the crew I spoke to inform me I needed to do this and why would I think this necessary when the damage occurred during the unloading of my suitcase from the cruise ship?

Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so can you give me any tips to resolve it? All I want is a replacement suitcase the same as the one that was damaged.

Many thanks is advance for your assistance

We took our case which was damaged on the ship back to the shop we bought it from and they just gave us a replacement. It's worth a try. Admittedly it was the first cruise we had used it on and we had the receipt.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My suitcase was damaged between ship and dockside. I told the Thomson Rep on duty and took photos as evidence. The damage was to the integrated lock. When I got home I phoned Thomson and was told to buy a similar replacement case or they would reimburse me £50. I bought another case and sent the receipt to the address I was given and received a cheque to the full amount within about 4 weeks.

My suitcase was damaged between ship and dockside. I told the Thomson Rep on duty and took photos as evidence. The damage was to the integrated lock. When I got home I phoned Thomson and was told to buy a similar replacement case or they would reimburse me £50. I bought another case and sent the receipt to the address I was given and received a cheque to the full amount within about 4 weeks.

Hi Jakanne

Thanks for your reply I wonder if you recall what number you called for Thomson only I have called After Travel and they have been no help at all! Thanks S&S

• 3 months later...

A quick update, on my damaged suitcase. After emailing the UK head of operations I am now to receive a cheque to cover the cost of a new suitcase so on the one hand I am very happy with the outcome but frustrated it took my emailing the 'top brass' in order to get a satisfactory result! My tip for anyone in a similar position is if After Travel don't help - go straight to the top! Thanks for everyone for their helpful tips along the way