Disney Princess Tickets

RADGIRL80

Hi,

We are a family of 4 new to Disney cruise but not new to cruising. We are booked on the Disney fantasy cruise 5/26/17. Even though I'm constantly researching for cruises, I missed the part that tickets can be reserved for Disney princess and Frozen meet and greets. I didn't realize this until 45 days out, when everything was already sold out.

I was able to get 2 tickets for Frozen yesterday, when a time suddenly became available after being sold out for months. I still need 2 more. :( also, the Disney princess meet and greet remains sold out. Does anyone know if times are still likely to become available as we get closer to sailing? If they don't, are there tickets possibly available on board? Our PAT isn't until 12:30p so I'm worried, again, we will be too late.

It will be very disappointing to not be able to get tickets for my kids.

Thanks for any input!

Keep checking your Disney planning page under the "onboard fun" tab. They have tickets for multiple days depending on the length of sail. I believe you can also tell guest services and they can put you on some sort of notification/waiting list if people turn their tickets in once onboard. These tickets are for the group of princesses all at once. The princesses also have meet and greets individually throughout the sailing. You just have to check your navigator that they put in your room the night before. I know I've seen Belle and Rapunzel on their own and during the group photos for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly--there are princess meet and greets all over the ship. The tickets are for the "Princess Gathering," when you'll see 4 or 5 of them at once. If you can't get them, check the character schedules on board. There are also random appearances.

As to getting tickets...Frozen is usually not a problem. Talk to the Port Adventures desk as soon as you board, and point out that you got 2 of the 4 that you needed on line in advance. They can sometimes make it happen for the rest of the family when you have a "partial." Princess Gathering is hard to get. But again, for all tickets, keep checking on line. You never know when something will appear. Also...on 7 night cruises, they have been known to add a "gathering" when they had enough complaints about inability to get tickets. So let Port Adventures know that you are disappointed.

DO check your Navigator for the ticket desk location. It used to be Guest Services, but they are trying to spread out the day 1 rush and have moved the event tickets to Port Adventures on most cruises.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input. I've been checking online everyday, a few times a day, for new openings. That's how I was able to grab the frozen tickets and the Disney character breakfast this week. I'm just disappointed that I can't get all the tickets in advance, especially for the princess gathering. I know they have individual meets, which is a nice option if we can't get the princess gathering tickets. I just wanted to save us time by not having to get in multiple lines on different days for individual princesses. :p

Has anyone recently not been able to get the Disney princess online but then was able to get them on embarkation day? Thanks again!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from a June 3rd sailing on the Fantasy. We went to guest services 1st thing when boarded. Received tickets for everything that required them. Was put on a wait list for the court tea and got a call the 2nd day to say yes we could get them. Was worth every Pennie/dollar :)

We just returned from a June 3rd sailing on the Fantasy. We went to guest services 1st thing when boarded. Received tickets for everything that required them. Was put on a wait list for the court tea and got a call the 2nd day to say yes we could get them. Was worth every Pennie/dollar :)

That's so great! I'm glad you had fun. Welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're doing our first 7 day since they started the Princess Gathering and Frozen Meet & Greets. While tickets went fairly quickly on our 4-day, I was told that with three days at sea, it isn't as much a problem there.

We're doing our first 7 day since they started the Princess Gathering and Frozen Meet & Greets. While tickets went fairly quickly on our 4-day, I was told that with three days at sea, it isn't as much a problem there.

Our experience has always been that the longer the cruise, the easier it is to get the tickets...both in advance and after boarding. It is the same for adult dining and most other reservations.

Our experience has always been that the longer the cruise' date=' the easier it is to get the tickets...both in advance and after boarding. It is the same for adult dining and most other reservations.[/quote']

We were totally stressing since we did not pre-book one thing (long story). It was very easy once on board to do most anything you wanted to do and we did everything!

Hi all, we ended up getting tickets to everything we wanted even though it all presold quickily. The day before our sailing, multiple times and days were released for all the events, so we got lucky before we left.

Even if you can't get tickets before sailing, all the characters, including the princesses are readily available with multiple days of appearances with minimal waits. I couldn't believe the number and different characters we got pictures with!! So much easier than at Disney world! The frozen sisters are only available during their meet and greet though.