Around Australia or Hawaii

Hi Guys, Opinions please. 20th Wedding Anniversary next year. Princess cruisers. Around Australia or 35 days to Hawaii? Is FCC enough deposit? Book now or hang on till later for better deal? I know they are both really popular and sell fast. Which is better time to go round Australia? March or October? Thanks, Anjo.

I haven't done either yet, so I can't comment on which is better but we have booked the Hawaii one on the Golden and had no trouble using the future cruise credit.

And you are right it did sell out fast. Maybe it was because it was the first time the Grand class was used.

It always seems to do Tahiti. And if you want to do the helicopter ride for the volcanoes in Hawaii do book as soon as it becomes available as the tours sell out very fast. We were caught out and missed out.

Depends what you want from a 20th Anniversary cruise. Is it long romantic sea days lazing by the pool followed by leisurely strolls along perfect South Pacific Beaches? or just some of that with a bit of exploring? Your next door neighbours don't have a bad place you know. Talk about variety. The round Australia cruise has it all :)

Hi Guys, Opinions please. 20th Wedding Anniversary next year. Princess cruisers. Around Australia or 35 days to Hawaii? Is FCC enough deposit? Book now or hang on till later for better deal? I know they are both really popular and sell fast. Which is better time to go round Australia? March or October? Thanks, Anjo.

All I can add is we did around Aus and NZ OCT-NOV 2015 it was fantastic. Now booked Hawaii round trip for Apr 2019 and really looking forward to it.

Yes FCC was all the deposit we needed.

All I can add is we did around Aus and NZ OCT-NOV 2015 it was fantastic. Now booked Hawaii round trip for Apr 2019 and really looking forward to it.

Yes FCC was all the deposit we needed.

More LSL being used I presume.

Hi Guys, thanks for opinions. Looks like it may be Hawaii:D. Will use FCC as deposit. Only problem is, dearer to book through Princess. I know they Honour Price Drops, but can't see that happening:(. What sort of deposit would I need if booking elsewhere? Regards, Anio.

Hi Guys, thanks for opinions. Looks like it may be Hawaii:D. Will use FCC as deposit. Only problem is, dearer to book through Princess. I know they Honour Price Drops, but can't see that happening:(. What sort of deposit would I need if booking elsewhere? Regards, Anio.

The deposit would usually be the same so use the FCC. It also gives you an on-board credit and it is easier to cancel. I would shop around and see which travel agent offers the best price or best OBC. Princess will still honour price drops the same as if you booked directly with them. But you will have to monitor the prices being asked for your cruise. If the price of the category you book drops, you have to ask for the price drop. Lower prices after final payment might be for new bookings only and therefore you wouldn't get the benefit of the price drop.

The TA should accept the FCC as the deposit. Just be aware that if a price drop happens, some TAs (especially if there are numerous add ons) do not pass that on as you signed up at a price and they take any of the savings.

Just be aware that if a price drop happens, some TAs (especially if there are numerous add ons) do not pass that on as you signed up at a price and they take any of the savings.

Is that legal?

If this happens I suppose it is one more question to ask the TA before booking. Also ask them if they have a charge for cancellation, on top of any charge from the cruise company. One company has high cancellation fees. Another company admitted they charge $50. I don't mind that.

Should be just your FCC

We did 35 day Hawaii. Sun Princess. Itinerary was great, ship was a bit tired and have been on it since to New Guinea and it was constantly under maintenance which was noisy and disruptive so maybe a different ship would be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did 35 day Hawaii. Sun Princess. Itinerary was great, ship was a bit tired and have been on it since to New Guinea and it was constantly under maintenance which was noisy and disruptive so maybe a different ship would be better.

I think by 2020, when the OP plans to do this cruise we should have a larger ship here fulltime.....hopefully!!

The Golden has been really popular doing the longer itineraries, fingers crossed:rolleyes:

Politely, the Sun needs to go the way of the Dawn sooner rather than later.

The Golden might also be old, but she's a beautiful ship, handles the seas magnificently and the crew are happy in their jobs and therefore excellent. By 2020 when the OP is sailing Princess should have a great ship or two on the Trans Pacific route.

Noisy and disruptive is not good. Was it (the noise and disruptions) due to the ship being old and tired and needing maintenance or was it the maintenance work itself.

Due to maintenance mainly on the lifeboats. sometimes on the promenade deck, sections were blocked off due to maintenance

Noisy and disruptive is not good. Was it (the noise and disruptions) due to the ship being old and tired and needing maintenance or was it the maintenance work itself.

Due to maintenance mainly on the lifeboats. sometimes on the promenade deck, sections were blocked off due to maintenance quote]

We were in a just mid aft balcony cabin and there was quite a bit of vibration most of the time. The maintenance noise was fairly constant - tenders and the window cleaning trolley thing. We also had a strong diesel smell a few times leaving ports and a bit of ash once on the balcony. But the ports are the big drawcard for us so noise and vibration are all part of the experience I guess.

Edited by wishfulone

Hi Guys, Thanks for all your replies and help. I was keen to do Hawaii, but Hubby keen to do Australia first, so Australia it is. Love the Sun, bit concerned about Sea Princess. Is there that much difference in their condition? Was on Sun in Feb, and no problems, happy with her. Hate booking so far in advance as I've been caught before:mad: Anyone know of Princess Sales coming up as I'd be P----d off to book and then have Air Credits, or Stateroom upgrades or more OBC be available in a couple of weeks. Its the Yorkshire in me coming to the Fore:D! Now looking at March 2019. 660 days away:( But we love Plaza deck and a particular Stateroom so probably best to book now. Will the weather be okay then or is it Cyclone Season? Thanks, Annie.

The Sun and the Sea and very very similar. It will seem like home to you because it is so similar in layout. The only differences are changes made in the last few years.

The Sun has the interactive anytime TV - fantastic, but the Sea doesn't have it yet. I think the Sun has an International Cafe, but the Sea doesn't. (I am trying to remember because we have been on several ships and I am trying to recall which ship has what!)