Wine at Remy

dixielandings

You are welcome to bring your own, but you'll be charged the corkage fee. Depending on what you want, they have wines ranging from quite reasonable to $50K for a bottle! And you'll be charged that automatic bar gratuity on anything you order there.

You are welcome to bring your own' date=' but you'll be charged the corkage fee. Depending on what you want, they have wines ranging from quite reasonable to $50K for a bottle! And you'll be charged that automatic bar gratuity on anything you order there.[/quote']

50K??? As in - FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE???? :eek:

On a more human level, how much is "quite reasonable"? 20$? $50? We don't have a problem with a corkage fee unless it's going to mean that our "affordable" bottle of wine becomes more expensive than what we could have bought on board. Know what I mean?

BTW - I tried to update our credit card on file just now but it's too late because we are TOO CLOSE TO SAILING!!! :D

Yes--we went to a presentation event where the guy doing the talk told us about the $50K bottle of wine. I have no memory of what it was...and they did say it has been on board since the Dream launched. The litttle crystal Remy decoration in the restaurant is about the same cost! So, be sure to look if you want to see what a $50K piece of crystal looks like!

I can't find a current online copy of the Remy wine list that I can read; between the poor lighting, poor photography, and my old eyes, I finally gave up. If you are bringing a $25 bottle of wine and paying the $25 corkage fee, you'll come out ahead. If you are bringing a $100 bottle...you could pay $125 on the ship. But then you'd have to add another $20 for the gratuity, so your $125 purchased bottle is now almost $150. Some wines are about $16 per glass + tip if that helps.

I don't know about the corkage fee but we always get the wine package onboard. We could not use that wine in remy. We bought a bottle at about 50 plus tip. We never bring wine onboard but if I did it would be under $25 while the Disney package is about 32 to 35 a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DCL offers at least 2 wine packages--a classic and a premium. As noted, the classic costs about $29 per bottle + gratuity on a 7 night cruise ($199 + gratuity for the package). The price is slightly higher on shorter cruises/fewer bottles. The premium is $299 + gratuity for 7 nights/bottles. I was not aware that you couldn't use the package at Remy though--that really stinks!

It's really a matter of how much trouble it is to bring the wine on board, whether at a port or from home. The $25 corkage fee makes it a lot less worthwhile! As others have noted, a bottle of wine in Remy goes from about $50 to "the sky's the limit" + gratuity.

• 2 weeks later...