Overseas Flight Specials available all year now

I regularly receive special deals on overseas flights to Europe and the USA. Is that a sign of the economic times?

Discount tickets used to be offered at certain times of the year, e.g. book and in February for October/November, etc.

Great for connecting to last minute cruise specials after final payment.

I think it's a sign of what is currently going on in Europe with the refugee invasion and the open borders. Many people, myself included, are concerned about safety. We have done Danube and Rhine River cruises as well as land vacations in Ireland and Germany. We would love to visit Paris and the Normandy beaches, as well as a Mediterranean cruise, but those plans are on hold and we'll vacation in the US and Canada. It's a shame what liberal politicians have done to Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think it's a sign of what is currently going on in Europe with the refugee invasion and the open borders. Many people, myself included, are concerned about safety. We have done Danube and Rhine River cruises as well as land vacations in Ireland and Germany. We would love to visit Paris and the Normandy beaches, as well as a Mediterranean cruise, but those plans are on hold and we'll vacation in the US and Canada. It's a shame what liberal politicians have done to Europe.

Don't worry about it, we are going to Europe again next year, land travel and cruising for a couple of months all up. Don't let the bad guys win !!!:evilsmile:

On the lookout soon for airfares to and from LHR.

It's not about the bad guys winning; it's about enjoying a "safe" and wonderful vacation. At about $10k for any decent trip to Europe, I don't want to be looking over my shoulder or ducking in fear if a car backfires.

I think you'll find that despite the "refugee invasion" things are pretty much running normally in Europe and it's not quite a lawless hellhole.:evilsmile:

Still if you aren't going I suppose that leaves more room for the rest of us.

The New Year's atrocities in Germany; Cologne I believe. The repeated terrorist attacks in Paris. Parts of Brussels where police no longer patrol. If that is "pretty much running normally in Europe", I'll stay home in the good old USA. I love what Europe used to be; a beautiful continent with wonderful people. When they started importing terrorists, Europe list it's allure.

The New Year's atrocities in Germany; Cologne I believe. The repeated terrorist attacks in Paris. Parts of Brussels where police no longer patrol. If that is "pretty much running normally in Europe", I'll stay home in the good old USA. I love what Europe used to be; a beautiful continent with wonderful people. When they started importing terrorists, Europe list it's allure.

Not the place for politics. But if you want to get into a tizz over "atrocities" and "importing terrorists" that OK, it just pushes down prices for those of us not in Fox News induced panic.

I also don't let mass shootings in the US deter me from visiting there, perhaps I should.

A car plowing through crowds in Times Square? Hmmm, the good old USA doesn't sound that safe either. :p

Crime can be a problem anywhere; this was an individual act, not a terrorist organization that refuses to assimilate into the existing culture and tries to overthrow the establishment.

Crime can be a problem anywhere; this was an individual act, not a terrorist organization that refuses to assimilate into the existing culture and tries to overthrow the establishment.

Is it really necessary to pollute this thread with political nonsense?:(

Back to topic....I think the addition of several Asian Airlines to the routes we use has fuelled competition.

They may be just to Asia but they open gateways to the world.

Yes, there is more competition, as well as flights from more hubs. Scoot is going to fly from Gold Coast to Europe, via Singapore, which will increase competition.

I wonder if the Middle Eastern Airlines, like Emirates and Qatar, are offering discount fares, because they have lost some business due to the ban on laptops, iPads, etc.

Qantas, which code shares with Emirates, is going to fly from Perth non stop to London.

I merely stated why I thought travel to Europe was down; as far as I was concerned end of discussion. You perpetuated the discussion by challenging my beliefs to which I am entitled. Let it go and enjoy your continent.

As we are heading to UK next year for a couple of months, cruising and land travel, have been checking some airfares. Premium tickets, First/Business/Premium Economy don't seem to have dropped much, but economy tickets have. Those A380's have a lot of economy seats to fill and therein lie the bargains.:halo:

We prefer to fly Business/Premium Economy, nothing much under $7000 for return Business Class or $3500 return Premium Economy. Can anyone lend me a quid? lol. :o

Personally I don't think issues in Europe have impacted on Australians too much from travelling over there. Sure there are some apprehensive people, but to travel or not is one's own decision.

I merely stated why I thought travel to Europe was down; as far as I was concerned end of discussion. You perpetuated the discussion by challenging my beliefs to which I am entitled. Let it go and enjoy your continent.

I don't mind you offering an opinion, but when that opinion consists of political slogans and misinformation don't be surprised if someone exercises their right to criticise that opinion.

Europe is not any more dangerous than it has been for decades. There is no problem traveling there. To suggest otherwise is a gross misrepresentation.

Your opinion, to which you're entitled. There must be some other mysterious reason why travel from US to Europe I'd down. It's not the US economy or Euro exchange rate; hmmm???

I don't mind you offering an opinion, but when that opinion consists of political slogans and misinformation don't be surprised if someone exercises their right to criticise that opinion.

Europe is not any more dangerous than it has been for decades. There is no problem traveling there. To suggest otherwise is a gross misrepresentation.

Agreed. If you believe people are turned off by murders, than they'd be more turned off by the ~11,000 gun shooting deaths in America each year, than the ~100 or so from terrorists in Europe. That's more than 100 times as many!

Your opinion, to which you're entitled. There must be some other mysterious reason why travel from US to Europe I'd down. It's not the US economy or Euro exchange rate; hmmm???

Maybe it's people spreading lies about conditions in Europe. I've heard that these fake news campaigns can have an effect.:(

Do you have any similar insights into the downturn for travel to the US?