Disney Fantasy Having MX issues

cde48

Just coming in from another board, and those that are on the Fantasy now are being told that it won't arrive into PC until later tomorrow morning. The ship is having MX issues with its propulsion system and is sailing at half speed at this time. Just a heads up.

Just coming in from another board, and those that are on the Fantasy now are being told that it won't arrive into PC until later tomorrow morning. The ship is having MX issues with its propulsion system and is sailing at half speed at this time. Just a heads up.

Any update on this? I'm scheduled to board today

Any update on this? I'm scheduled to board today

Expect e-mail notifications from DCL about 2 hours after you get them thru the boards....(no, I only with I were kidding). Most likely they will ask you to arrive at the terminal late. How late will depend on exactly when the Fantasy comes in and how quickly they can disembark existing passengers.

Expect e-mail notifications from DCL about 2 hours after you get them thru the boards....(no' date=' I only with I were kidding). Most likely they will ask you to arrive at the terminal late. How late will depend on exactly when the Fantasy comes in and how quickly they can disembark existing passengers.[/quote']

Sigh. I suspect you are correct lol

Email received this morning from DCL.

Dear Thomas,

We are contacting you with important information related to your sailing today(May 20).

Due to an unexpected mechanical issue, the Disney Fantasy will have adelayed arrival into Port Canaveral today. Once the ship arrives, the onboardGuests will need to complete the debarkation process before boarding can beginfor your sailing this afternoon.

As a result of this unexpected delay, we are asking Guests to postpone theirarrival to the terminal building by at least 3 hours after your selected portarrival time, but no later than 5:30pm today. We encourage you to enjoy lunchon your own, and we will provide a $25 onboard credit per Guest.

We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will send updates asneeded. For the most up-to-date information, Guests are invited to call1-866-325-4243.

We appreciate your understanding during this unexpected delay and look forwardto welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew

Disney Cruise Line

they have only 1 shaft operating ... tug assist is being used to park ....

just out from dry dock ......

question is will a return to dry dock be required?????

the primary reason for routine drydocking is the inspection and servicing of everything that's normally underwater. The paint on the bottom, all the "sea chests" aka the openings for taking in and expelling sea water for normal functions AND the thrusters, shafts, 'struts', propellers and rudders and their associated seals and bearings where they pass through the hull. Sometimes parts are replaced, often there is an 'open and inspect and replace if necessary' aspect. Anytime such systems are opened and or replaced there are a bunch of things that can go wrong. You try to avoid this of course but sometimes Mr Murphy applies his law ......

Watching the webcam, it looks like there were two tugs helping her along.

Hope it's nothing too serious and the sailing scheduled for today can still go, with limited, if any, modifications to the itinerary.

So sad.

Once guests are allowed to board, the fun will begin...whether she needs to remain in port for a while or not. Hope all boarding today can keep a positive attitude and enjoy what the cruise staff will prepare for them while the ship is receiving the attention she obviously needs.....and hope it is a simple repair that can be completed at PC.

We lost a couple engines on the Magic on one cruise--they attempted a repair at Castaway but had to wait till PC to make it happen. Limping into port was no fun, but it became a cruise to remember. We did depart Castaway early in order to allow more time to get to PC as she was much slower than normal.

Looks like an alternative itinerary has been released if repairs take longer than expected, with stops in St. Thomas, San Juan, and Castaway Cay. Instead of Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay.

if wondering

F' sailed at just about midnight

an unconfirmed report from "an officer" said the issue was directly related to the dry dock ... but had been repaired

AIS tracking showed F' at 20+ knots early this morning ......

We were on this cruise! Boarding went smoothly. It was a bit weird to be sitting at dinner and looking out the window at Port Canaveral NOT disappearing into the distance. But all was fine beyond that. I was sad to miss the magic of the sail away party but it was a beautiful trip otherwise, and we loved San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums