Tenders and Private Tours

freddie

On our August cruise on Quest, Dover to Dover, we have booked a number of private tours, including several at tender ports.

I would welcome the observations of Seabourn veterans with respect to whether preference on the early tenders is given to pax on SB tours, to the exclusion of those pax who have made their own arrangements.

I cannot find anything on the SB website or in the Shore Excursions portion of the Travel Planner that addresses this matter.

Thank you in advance for your kind information.

I think Seabourn is like most cruise ships and will give preference to get the passengers on SB tours on the tenders first.

If it is imperative for us to get off early I do check to see what times the SB tours are leaving to give me an idea of when to try to get on the tenders. We have managed to get on early tenders but it is not guaranteed. Mind you I am still sure it is easier then dealing with a large cruise ship. :)

I hope this helps.

Julie

Hi

When booking private tours we usually look at the docking/tendering arrangements and organise a time buffer, just in case.

Our actual experience has been good. On days when time in port has been limited (or the day trips very long necessitating an early getaway) with the SB tours groups all leaving around the same time we haven't had a problem getting 2, 4 or 6 on board. It might be difficult with larger numbers. Generally they run more tenders to get over the initial rush. So if you don't get on the initial tender, the next is only a few minutes away.

To directly answer your question, yes preference is given to SB tour groups and keeping them all together for bus loading. However, there are usually a few stragglers and they will hold a group back to wait on board, rather than the pier. This frees up more room for others.

If we have arrived earlier than expected on the pier, we have always found our private tour guide waiting happily.