Divina 3 night in July - formal night or all 3 nights regular dinner dress code?

luvavacation

Sailing for the first time on the Divina this July. Giving this cruise line a try, in the Yacht Club, after previously enjoying Haven on NCL and Concierge level on Disney Cruise Line.

I have read about the different themed nights on the Divina, and the dress code for the formal nights, but I was wondering if anyone has sailed MSC before on a 3 night and could let me know what happens on a short cruise? If I don't have to pack a formal dress and fight with husband to pack and wear a suit, that would be very nice!

I was also wondering about themed nights. Does this happen on the short cruises?

When I called MSC to ask, the agent on the phone did not have any information, so I was hoping someone here had experienced the shorter cruises and would have some advice on what to pack for dinner.

Finally, and I know this may sound odd, can one request a nationality for the server when arriving for dinner? I am of Eastern European descent, and since my parents passed away, I never get to speak to anyone from my home country unless I am on a cruise and luck out with a server from back home! I have high hopes for finding someone, since this is a more European cruise line, but since I have never actually cruised on MSC before, I may be completely wrong in my assumptions!

Oh, thought of one more question. Some people have mentioned the language barrier and being misunderstood when speaking with the crew onboard. Is there a particular language that the majority of the crew does speak? Should I be brushing up on Italian? Or are the crew nationalities more in line with Carnival and NCL (Filipino or Thai as opposed to DCL's Europe or Great Britain majority?). Not that this makes a cruise better or worse than another, I just like learning languages and if I can learn a few words to help with communication, then I am happy to do so!:D

Ha, I thought I was done and then another question popped up! Sorry! But what are the MSC daily news bulletins called? And where can I look at some online to see what the Divina offers for daily programming, especially when in port? Yes, I have a need to know as much as possible, because this is such a short cruise and I have to make the most of it! Sleep will wait until I get home! :cool: We are so looking forward to experiencing this new (for us) cruise line!