New club benefit? Priority Embarkation (under preferences)

jimmyw9

I am seeing a new option when I log in and view reservations I have made (but it is greyed out)......

Priority Embarkation for everyone in reservation (Therefore a suite benefit)

Have i missed something? or has this not come into effect yet?

I guess it is something that will be particularly relevant with the Encore due to launch later this year with more numbers of people to deal with.

jimmyw9

I have a reservation on the Quest shortly, then Encore, then Odyssey and it shows up on all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it for a certain level? I don't see that option for an Asia cruise we have next year, but frankly, we've never had to wait more than 5 minutes. But then again, maybe it will be a benefit for the larger Encore ship but it still should not be needed if SB has sufficient staff.

Sent telepathically by Hobar.

And I looked for that under the Preferences sections in the reservation for my two booked cruises -- Holiday Antarctica on the Quest and Alaska on the Sojourn-- and it does show (greyed out or otherwise). It does make me wonder if it was triggered because of your Encore cruise.

In any event I do hope there is no preferential boarding program in the works.. As with the Retreat that would signal another move toward a tiered or "class" system and away from the "democracy" of Seabourn I have very much appreciated for 15 years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know, we couldn't wait for their inaugural..... No, it just didn't work with our schedule. We are Platinum, turning Diamond on this cruise, and i didn't see it on our preference list. However, I have never waited more then a few minutes to get on or off. I'll let you know if that changes on this cruise. By the way, I love them sending you to the colonnade for lunch at check in, beats sitting around the theater waiting for your room to be prepared. Cheers

My guess is they want jimmyw9 to leave early.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Hobar

1957 Staten Island Ferry

1992 Norwegian, Caribbean

February 2002 Seabourn Legend, Costa Rica to Ft. Lauderdale (via Panama canal)

December 2002 SeaDream, Caribbean

July 2003 Seabourn Spirit, Istanbul to Venice

August 2003 Seabourn Spirit, Venice to Rome

March 2004 Silversea, Mexican Riviera

February 2005 Seabourn Spirit, Singapore to Hong Kong

April 2007 Seabourn Pride, Monte Carlo to Istanbul

July 2008 No cruise but visits to Malaga and Mallorca to the homes of new friends we made on Seabourn in 2005!

March 2010 Silversea, Singapore to Dubai

December 2011 Seabourn Sojourn, Santiago to Buenos Aires

August-Sept 2013 Seabourn Quest, Monte Carlo to Barcelona

October-November 2015 Seabourn Sojourn, Athens to Dubai

Hobar

1957 Staten Island Ferry

July 2008 No cruise but visits to Malaga and Mallorca to the homes of new friends we made on Seabourn in 2005!

Oops. Didn't mean to post.

Hobar

1957 Staten Island Ferry

I always think I should write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Seabourn management bemoaning the fact we are never in the check in area long enough to enjoy a complimentary glass of something :)

Even with the extra guests of Encore I would be surprised if there were long queues. As guest numbers increase technology improves to speed the process along.

I wonder if the Seabourn online portal has been merged with Holland & America / Carnival / Cunard where much larger ships obviously require priority boarding.

Henry :)

Now I see the Priority Embarkation under each of my upcoming reservations. When I log in to My Seabourn it does not show up there under Preferences. I have to actually go into each reservation and it show up there with the phrase "selected for all passengers" next to it. Still don't know what it means or why they feel it is necessary -- even on the 600 passenger Encore. And as Abel Seaman notes they have always been so efficient at check in there has not been time to enjoy the check in libation.

No, I'm not part of a wedding party!!

It still shows on my bookings this morning.

I'm not sure what factors are affecting this. I'm Diamond if that matters and also the suites we have booked are OW, PS and SS. Maybe that's the influencing factor. But as I say I don't know.

And Markham, I will deal with you offline......I know where to find you [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jimmyw9

Mystery solved, Chairsin. I have just looked up our current booking for next cruise. We are Diamond, but not in a premium suite, and our suite benefits are simply a percentage off excursions, and off premium wines. No mention of early embarkation. So I think this applies to anyone (maybe only Diamond) who is in a premium suite on any ship, not just to do with Encore.

Maybe it means you can turn up at, say, 11 a.m. and go straight on? Otherwise, you would have to somehow let them know to send you to the top of the line. Does not sound like a terribly good idea, or really necessary.

I always think I should write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Seabourn management bemoaning the fact we are never in the check in area long enough to enjoy a complimentary glass of something :)

Even with the extra guests of Encore I would be surprised if there were long queues. As guest numbers increase technology improves to speed the process along.

I wonder if the Seabourn online portal has been merged with Holland & America / Carnival / Cunard where much larger ships obviously require priority boarding.

Henry :)

I agree Henry they usually are much too efficient and we don't get to enjoy that champagne while waiting.

Maybe we have been lucky but only once have we had to wait. That was in Civitavecchia last year, the the port authority had a power outage and Seabourn had to hook up to their own power. Even then it was undercover, everyone had a seat and they were bringing out drinks. I had my iPad so I kept myself busy playing offline games.

We will also see what happens with Encore when we board in Dubai. I will make sure I have my IPad handy :). Though as we tend to board later I don't think it will be a problem.

Julie

I understand that Seabourn throw a rope ladder over the side so that Wintergarden suite dwellers can get to the Colonnade and get first pick of the buffet

LOL:D

Edited by frantic36

On all our recent cruises - all in Europe - we have been checked in dockside; places like Rome, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, and the only drinks provided by Seabourn staff have been of the soft variety - fruit punch etc. Maybe we have missed something? Certainly years ago when you checked in on board you sat around waiting for registration with drinks and nibbles or sandwiches. Obviously lots of drinks and food once on board now, naturally. I assumed that the dock authorities did not want proper drinks being provided on shore. Is it different in other parts of the world?

A couple of weeks ago we checked in at Monte Carlo dockside around 12.30pm. We got a glass of fruit punch, had filled out the health form and about 15 minutes later we had the key cards and were making our way to the Colonnade for lunch and a glass of something stronger. What could be more "priority" than that.

I understand that Seabourn throw a rope ladder over the side so that Wintergarden suite dwellers can get to the Colonnade and get first pick of the buffet

Good one. I'm cubic zirconia level, so I have to walk the gang plank.

Sent telepathically by Hobar.