Review of location of suites on Quest

pjtkl

Hello

We are new to Seabourn and were wondering if there is any thread that gives the positives and negatives of each suite? If I am looking at a suite on deck 7, is there any way I can find out what the location is like, is it noisy, etc? Or equally so for a suite on deck 5, do you hear noise from below depending on where your suite is located?

Does it make a difference if you are more forward on the ship? Is the Quest very stable and fore or mid makes no difference?

Sorry for all the questions but we are about to book our first Seabourn cruise and are trying to select the best available veranda suite!

Thanks for your help:)

Suites on deck 7 close to midships may experience some noise from the pool deck above if chairs are being dragged around in the morning. Also, suites near the bow of the ship experience noise from the anchor being lowered in the morning when the ship has to tender into port instead of docking. Lastly, suites on the starboard side often get to experience a local band in some ports, especially when the gangway on deck 4 is utilized. We have often found that Seabourn ships dock on the starboard side more so than the port side. However, that may be due to the itineraries we have taken. I sure many other experienced cruisers can provide their valuable insight as to the pros and cons of various suites and their locations.

Happy sailing!

Under the REVIEWS section of this board, you will find cabin reviews. You access by cruise line, ship, and deck. Posters who have submitted cruise reviews at times give detailed, or summary, reviews of the particular cabin they used, and these cabin reviews can be valuable. I recently was able to find that my chosen cabin for an upcoming cruise had been very favorably reviewed.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in the spa penthouse suite. I can't imagine a better location. The very rear of the boat. So you see both the star & port side of the sights, no noise as you are above the spa. We woke up every morning to the view of the ports. In fact we had room service, the day we docked in Ibiza, the server even commented, "wow what a view" it is like your private area of the boat. I should not say, I want to keep this a secret.

I did feel a ton of motion though. But it was so worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums